Sponsored

Do soft top 4 doors come with hard top mounting holes?

Nostromo7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU
Hello everyone,

I recently ordered a 4 door Sport S Wrangler with a premium hard top. I'm looking to add a used hard top for winter months or long-distance traveling/vacationing. I know that I will need to add the four attachment brackets for the front freedom panels, as well as the wiring and plumbing if I want use of the back window wiper.

My question is, do factory soft top wrangler bodies come with the hard top mounting holes pre-drilled and tapped for the hard top bolts? Specifically, the holes for attaching the front brackets, as well as the 6 main bolts near the cargo area on the sides of the body, and the two that secure the main hard top portion near the B pillars? Or will I need to drill and tap these hard top mounting holes myself?

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
My 2016 did, however you won’t have all the hardtop hook ups, like wiring and water line for your rear wiper etc, you’d have to put those in yourself if you ever get a hardtop and want all the gadgets on it to work

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
As far as I know they all have the same holes. My 18 came with a soft top but has the holes for a hard top.

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
If you have not received your ordered Jeep yet, ask the dealership if you can add the dual top group.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Yes.

Sponsored

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Yes, the required holes are there, nothing you need to do. I did the same thing, purchased jeep with soft top, added hard top later. I bought the DV8 version of the panel brackets, which was about half the price of the Mopar branded brackets. I did not add the wiper wiring bundle. Make sure you get the 8 hard top bolts when you find a hard top.

OP
OP

Nostromo7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU
Yes, the required holes are there, nothing you need to do. I did the same thing, purchased jeep with soft top, added hard top later. I bought the DV8 version of the panel brackets, which was about half the price of the Mopar branded brackets. I did not add the wiper wiring bundle. Make sure you get the 8 hard top bolts when you find a hard top.
Excellent, thank you!!!
Sponsored