Do side view mirrors fold in?

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I know on my JK I was able to do this manually. On my JKUL with heated mirror and safety group can they still fold ?
Sponsored

JLRoachicon

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU RUBICON 2.0 Turbo, 2006 Ducati 999S (RIP)
Vehicle Showcase
I know on my JK I was able to do this manually. On my JKUL with heated mirror and safety group can they still fold ?
They definitely fold in. I put a cab cover on with the top off but have to fold the mirrors in for better fit. Just be careful not to touch the glass part when you fold em in or you’ll be adjusting every time. If you grab the mirror on the left and right side and just twist them in, they’ll go to the proper position.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
color commentary: I consider folding in the mirrors, while entirely doable on the JL, a two handed endeavor. : - ) I think it's best done, say on the driver's side, as a push by the right hand and pull by the left...obviously the opposite on the passenger's side.

Doing so best applies pure torque (twisting force) on the mechanism, whereas one handed attempts at same are more likely to also apply downward or upward force, while torquing: the latter both unneeded and potentially damaging over repeated use. : - )

Sponsored

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The mirrors on my Rugged Ridge tube doors do.

Just showing off, don’t mind me.
Park next to me and give me a few minutes to show you how nice they will look on mine. Haahah

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Why the hell do they fold in (and they do), when the front fenders stick out further than the mirrors do? I get it on a vehicle where the width extremes are limited by the mirrors, but that isn't the case with the JL. So why do they fold in anyway?

FishtownPride

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door
color commentary: I consider folding in the mirrors, while entirely doable on the JL, a two handed endeavor. : - ) I think it's best done, say on the driver's side, as a push by the right hand and pull by the left...obviously the opposite on the passenger's side.

Doing so best applies pure torque (twisting force) on the mechanism, whereas one handed attempts at same are more likely to also apply downward or upward force, while torquing: the latter both unneeded and potentially damaging over repeated use. : - )
My wife uses the grab the front and use your forearm to fold it in. It's surprisingly a handy move!

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Why the hell do they fold in (and they do), when the front fenders stick out further than the mirrors do? I get it on a vehicle where the width extremes are limited by the mirrors, but that isn't the case with the JL. So why do they fold in anyway?
Trees and things are not always at fender level.

Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I thought mine were going to break when I tried to fold them. Surprisingly tight.

JLRoachicon

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU RUBICON 2.0 Turbo, 2006 Ducati 999S (RIP)
Vehicle Showcase
I fold mine when I hang the doors up in the garage!
I was going to reply the same but you beat me to it. Definitely better folded in when hanging :like:

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler

JLJeepGuy513

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 2016 Pathfinder
Occupation
Civil Engineering Designer
I know I'm resurrecting an old post, but do they all fold in? i have a 2018 and i cant get it to fold. i keep hearing plastic cracking sounds when i try. I think i may have broke something trying cuz it seems a little wobbly now
Sponsored