Do Rubicons have factory sliders?

JL-Daddy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none atm
I should know this.....my wife and I are picking up a Rubicon JLU for her Thursday. She is going to need some kind of step, as she is short. I've been looking at sliders with tubes so we can kill 2 birds with one stone. I keep hearing about rubicon sliders. Does the Jeep already have sliders? If so it might change what I'm looking at. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
They come with factory rock sliders, but the standard slider does not have any sort of step. They are flush with the tub. You can upgrade for $975 MSRP to "Heavy-Duty Rock Slider with Step Assist by Mopar®" which has a (small) lip that can be used as a step. It is still not what I would consider a true step though.

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
they have "sliders" but not true sliders, there are threads earlier in 2018-2019 that talk about this. its more of a rock guard. plenty of people have "slid" on them and have had them push up into the tub. I've truely used mine once when I accidently slid of a steep wet rock and slid down the rest of the way an the slider with no damage luckily. If I was more of a serious rock crawler I would not rely on the stock sliders to save my tub from damage.
Hope this helps.

Jeep Wrangler JL Do Rubicons have factory sliders? roxk wall

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
There are endless options including frame mount, pinch weld mount, etc. I'm going with these (I think) but also considering these. Here is another long thread on the topic.

OP
OP

JL-Daddy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none atm
they have "sliders" but not true sliders, there are threads earlier in 2018-2019 that talk about this. its more of a rock guard. plenty of people have "slid" on them and have had them push up into the tub. I've truely used mine once when I accidently slid of a steep wet rock and slid down the rest of the way an the slider with no damage luckily. If I was more of a serious rock crawler I would not rely on the stock sliders to save my tub from damage.
Hope this helps.

Jeep Wrangler JL Do Rubicons have factory sliders? roxk wall
Now that looks like fun!

Sponsored

OP
OP

JL-Daddy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none atm
There are endless options including frame mount, pinch weld mount, etc. I'm going with these (I think) but also considering these. Here is another long thread on the topic.
I'm also looking at the barricade sliders. Reviews seem decent, and I don't see myself conquering Moab anytime soon. lol

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
Now that looks like fun!
It was a blast afterwards! slick granite + sliding + loud crash = butt pucker!! I thought I hit the passenger door. I actually went back up it to come back down correctly to not be defeated.

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
The factory sliders were an option on my 21 JLR, not really a step, I installed grabs above the doors.

IslandNomad

First Name
Islander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
JL-Daddy, did you find steps that worked for you?

I'm in the same boat: a new 2021 4-door JLUR. I do mild off roading. I am looking for a nerf bar or running board that allows me to (preferably) keep the Rubicon sliders.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
JL-Daddy, did you find steps that worked for you?

I'm in the same boat: a new 2021 4-door JLUR. I do mild off roading. I am looking for a nerf bar or running board that allows me to (preferably) keep the Rubicon sliders.
A popular option are the ace sliders. They can be used as a step and allow you to keep the rubicon rails.

Sponsored

E_H_Taylor

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I had the Heavy-Duty Rock Slider with Step Assist by Mopar® installed. There is a small step to assist getting in but not a true running board size step.

tempImage0etw8L.png

tempImagedP9ghN.png

IslandNomad

First Name
Islander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I had the Heavy-Duty Rock Slider with Step Assist by Mopar® installed. There is a small step to assist getting in but not a true running board size step.
Thanks, how has it worked for you and your wife?