Do Rubicons have factory sliders?

JL-Daddy

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none atm
I should know this.....my wife and I are picking up a Rubicon JLU for her Thursday. She is going to need some kind of step, as she is short. I've been looking at sliders with tubes so we can kill 2 birds with one stone. I keep hearing about rubicon sliders. Does the Jeep already have sliders? If so it might change what I'm looking at. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

eck

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
They come with factory rock sliders, but the standard slider does not have any sort of step. They are flush with the tub. You can upgrade for $975 MSRP to "Heavy-Duty Rock Slider with Step Assist by Mopar®" which has a (small) lip that can be used as a step. It is still not what I would consider a true step though.

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
they have "sliders" but not true sliders, there are threads earlier in 2018-2019 that talk about this. its more of a rock guard. plenty of people have "slid" on them and have had them push up into the tub. I've truely used mine once when I accidently slid of a steep wet rock and slid down the rest of the way an the slider with no damage luckily. If I was more of a serious rock crawler I would not rely on the stock sliders to save my tub from damage.
Hope this helps.

roxk wall.jpg

MaineBumpkin

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 2500 Big Horn / 2016 Jeep Renegade Dawn of Justice
There are endless options including frame mount, pinch weld mount, etc. I'm going with these (I think) but also considering these. Here is another long thread on the topic.

OP

JL-Daddy

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none atm
they have "sliders" but not true sliders, there are threads earlier in 2018-2019 that talk about this. its more of a rock guard. plenty of people have "slid" on them and have had them push up into the tub. I've truely used mine once when I accidently slid of a steep wet rock and slid down the rest of the way an the slider with no damage luckily. If I was more of a serious rock crawler I would not rely on the stock sliders to save my tub from damage.
Hope this helps.

roxk wall.jpg
Now that looks like fun!

OP

JL-Daddy

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none atm
There are endless options including frame mount, pinch weld mount, etc. I'm going with these (I think) but also considering these. Here is another long thread on the topic.
I'm also looking at the barricade sliders. Reviews seem decent, and I don't see myself conquering Moab anytime soon. lol

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
The factory sliders were an option on my 21 JLR, not really a step, I installed grabs above the doors.

Advertisement

Hothead Headliners

Advertisement