Do NOT order the rubber mats

KY_Soldier

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 Willys CJ-2A, 2021 4xe, few Teslas & Ferraris
FYI when you order the rubber mats, not only do they not have the Red Jeep logo (I think the red pops especially for the rubicon) but you DON’T get the carpets! Save your money and get the carpets stock and buy the rubber mats from parts (prob for less than the $130 MSRP) and get the red logo. That is all.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
FYI when you order the rubber mats, not only do they not have the Red Jeep logo (I think the red pops especially for the rubicon) but you DON’T get the carpets! Save your money and get the carpets stock and buy the rubber mats from parts (prob for less than the $130 MSRP) and get the red logo. That is all.
I agree. Do not order! You can buy the All Weather Floor Mats for the JL on eBAY for $102 which includes shipping . $104 on amazon.com

joeyjoejoe285

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara - Granite Crystal Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I like the black mats because "JEEP" in bright red is tacky and carpeted mats in a Wrangler would NEVER be used where I live. We got the all weather mats for our 2015 HONDA and the carpeted ones have never even been in the car yet.
Same deal here. I have been buying weathertech for all my previous cars and the mopar all weather mats were a no brainer for me.the carpet mats were always stired away. Snow, water, mud, sand, dirt..all bad for carpet mats.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 JK Sahara builds , JL Rubicon, 95 XJ build
Carpet is better for sound dampening tho. So to put a solid weather tech mat over carpet is better. All this bs about washing the mat in the Jeep and pulling the plug to rinse is stupid. You pull the mats scrub them
And rinse and re install. I’m on my 4th jeep , always had weather tech and when I came time to turn in carpet looked brand new...

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Carpet is better for sound dampening tho. So to put a solid weather tech mat over carpet is better. All this bs about washing the mat in the Jeep and pulling the plug to rinse is stupid. You pull the mats scrub them
And rinse and re install. I’m on my 4th jeep , always had weather tech and when I came time to turn in carpet looked brand new...
You bring up some valid points and what works for you. I agree pulling the mats to clean them is best. However during the winter when you are getting in and out and snow is on your boots it is nice to have the drain right there for that melted snow to drain out immediately rather than building up in the mat. If you get a lot trying to take out the mat will certainly end up spilling that crap into the carpet.

I am not knocking weather tech as they make a great product but I think what Jeep has done with their all weather mat was a great idea and has a useful purpose as well.

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You bring up some valid points and what works for you. I agree pulling the mats to clean them is best. However during the winter when you are getting in and out and snow is on your boots it is nice to have the drain right there for that melted snow to drain out immediately rather than building up in the mat. If you get a lot trying to take out the mat will certainly end up spilling that crap into the carpet.

I am not knocking weather tech as they make a great product but I think what Jeep has done with their all weather mat was a great idea and has a useful purpose as well.
Right on, agreed I’ll compare both and order accordingly ...

Sponsored

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have to say the weather tech come up higher on the sides than mopar does.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have to say the weather tech come up higher on the sides than mopar does.
Yes that is one thing I was looking at. My JK Mopar mats are low just under the gas pedal and I get salt and crap on the carpet liner that always annoyed me. It looks like the new ones will be the same in that area. It would be the perfect mat with the drain AND the sides being higher just under the gas pedal to the right. :(

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes that is one thing I was looking at. My JK Mopar mats are low just under the gas pedal and I get salt and crap on the carpet liner that always annoyed me. It looks like the new ones will be the same in that area. It would be the perfect mat with the drain AND the sides being higher just under the gas pedal to the right. :(
It’s always something right? . I’m so glad I almost ordered the floor mats but didn’t . I did order the headliners. My 2 jk’s were so loud on the highway with mud tires I’m really looking to make this new JL Rubi’s cabin as quiet and rattle free as possible. But back to the floor mats, I think they’re missing the mark if they ain’t 100% covering the vitals . I tested my weather techs and they literally hold almost 1/2 gallon of water. When you winching out of the mud and you get back in you want to make sure to have something that will capture all that. Idk I think the mopar ones are nice but I could see them
Being more for mall crawlers in the winter...

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I could see them
Being more for mall crawlers in the winter...
Yea "mall crawler" here. I understand those that want to go and do serious off road. I myself did not even realize how capable the Jeep was for off road before I bought one. I was looking for a fun vehicle with a rag top. The ability to remove doors and drop windshield appealed to me even more. Then couple that with the four wheel drive sold me.

My mode of transportation is a motorcycle and I put way more miles on that than my Jeep. If i have to be on four wheels however the Jeep is the next best thing to the motorcycle!

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Total agree! I have an f800gs adventure that I crush Miles on in the summer because I lease.
Sponsored