Sponsored

Do Jeeps need to be aligned after adding lift and tires?

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
So I recently had a 3.5" Metalcloak lift, with Falcon shocks and 37' Milestars installed on my lift. When I picked it up I asked if they did an alignment, He said it didnt need it because they didnt touch the steering stuff.

Does this make sense? Should I have it aligned? Seems to drive fine, if a bit more touchy than before but I dont want uneven wear on the tires etc.
Sponsored

mojitojeep

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I'm new to this as well but everything I've heard/seen is you need a new alignment.

HiLow1Go

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Alignment! Preferably at a Jeep shop that does lifts. Weird that the one you got the lift installed from did not care...

Sponsored

xaugievike

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Clubs

Im a firm yes in that camp. it's a small price to pay to ensure everything is pointing the way it should.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
With the addition of the adjustable UCAs, they can dial in caster for you. You may want to look at where you really want this compared to stock specs if you have a Rub.

They can also check your toe and center everything up with any changes due to the adjustable track bars.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Yes 100%. Go to an alignment shop, not some shity dealership
Yeah, a dealer will go with factory specs and charge for too low of a caster angle. An independent shop that's focus is on alignments will more than likely set it up how it really needs to be, or will at least dial in the 6-6.5° specified by the customer.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
I've done an alignment after a lift and been 100% in spec before and after. So I didn't actually "need" an alignment.

But an alignment is about more than steering. The whole system is involved. Springs, control arms, steering joints, etc. It's always a good idea when you change anything in the suspension to do an alignment.
Sponsored