Do I need wheel spacers for this lift??

soflo352

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 jeep wrangler
Hey guys, so Im in the process of putting on my 4" zone lift kit on my wrangler, and on the rear driver side I noticed that the bar that connects with the sway bar extended links is rubbing up against my tire and the nut is right up on my rim. Now, my passenger side looks just fine. There looks to be enough clearance.

I still have the driver side on jack stands while I finish the front, could this be why??!? Or do I need spacers?

I did a quick google search and found a couple others who had this issue. One said he backed out of his drive way and heard something scraping his rim. and needed to get spacers.

Could this be the problem? or maybe just because Im on jack stands on that side…. Im running 33’s with OEM wheels.

Or would it cause this to rub when it flexes?? (One other thing is I have the nut on the other side going away from the wheel. I may need to flip that screw around so its not pointing out at the rim?)

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 9.36.43 PM.png
Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, so Im in the process of putting on my 4" zone lift kit on my wrangler, and on the rear driver side I noticed that the bar that connects with the sway bar extended links is rubbing up against my tire and the nut is right up on my rim. Now, my passenger side looks just fine. There looks to be enough clearance.

I still have the driver side on jack stands while I finish the front, could this be why??!? Or do I need spacers?

I did a quick google search and found a couple others who had this issue. One said he backed out of his drive way and heard something scraping his rim. and needed to get spacers.

Could this be the problem? or maybe just because Im on jack stands on that side…. Im running 33’s with OEM wheels.

Or would it cause this to rub when it flexes?? (One other thing is I have the nut on the other side going away from the wheel. I may need to flip that screw around so its not pointing out at the rim?)

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 9.36.43 PM.png
That's a JK isn't it? If it's like most aftermarket links on the JK yes you will need wheels spacers or different offset wheels.

OP
OP

soflo352

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 jeep wrangler

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

soflo352

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 jeep wrangler
They should but make sure to get a set of two. I believe they are sold as a pair. For the price though I would go with Spidertrax.
Awesome. Thanks so much
Sponsored