Do I need to regear if I get 34” tires on my 2 door Sport S

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
I am pretty underwhelmed by the JLU performance in general, but I knew what I was getting into. I seriously thought about the 392 for that reason. I have my fast car, my wife has our comfortable car, so I am really just looking for a third personality for the driveway. The set up I am looking at is a BFG that according to specs is 34". My intent was not go above 33's on this......but we all start with intent.
Just out of curiosity, what BFG tire size exactly are you looking at?

Bigdave18629

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
So I am moving forward with the wheels and tires, appreciate everyone's input. I will decide about gearing later (or gears and supercharger). Will I need to put a lift under my Willys, or if I just go to some high rise fenders will I be good? Not going to be any crawling, mostly fire roads, snow, and 85% pavement, probably less than 2,000 miles per year total. If lift, full suspension or just spacer. I would take it up higher but my 5' 2" wife has other ideas, trying to meet her 1/2 way.

Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
So I am moving forward with the wheels and tires, appreciate everyone's input. I will decide about gearing later (or gears and supercharger). Will I need to put a lift under my Willys, or if I just go to some high rise fenders will I be good? Not going to be any crawling, mostly fire roads, snow, and 85% pavement, probably less than 2,000 miles per year total. If lift, full suspension or just spacer. I would take it up higher but my 5' 2" wife has other ideas, trying to meet her 1/2 way.
Try it and see what happens. Worst case, any of those options will work or do some aftermarket inner liners and split or chop the fenders. You’ll contact stock on full flex, but you may not find that happens enough to spend more money.

Bigdave18629

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Just to close the loop, put on the tires and had some rubbing on the fillers coming off the front bumper. Removed those and all is fine. (have a new bumper on its way anyway)

Have my Tazer lite, and ready to put that on. Assuming it needs to stay installed once I adjust tire size? Have been reading a number of issues with Tazer/speedo not working right with tire size and adjustments needing to be made. My Ko2's show 34.4 from the spec sheet, so I am thinking of starting right under that on initial set up, accounting for weight of the jeep. Not sure what options I will have in the Tazer menu yet.
Sponsored