Sponsored

Do I need to do both a lift AND fender flares if I have Rubicon takeoffs or can I do either/or?

The_Paper_Cut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport 2-Door
I have a 2020 2dr Sport S with Rubicon takeoff suspension and Rubicon 33's. I had gained about 1"-1.5" of height from the suspension, and am now looking into getting 35's now that my 33's are almost worn out. Since I have a little height from the Rubicon takeoffs, could I just get taller fenders OR a lift in order to keep full articulation when offroading? Or do I have to get both? I'd like to be able to just get new fenders since A) A lift and fenders are expensive together. B) I'd like to keep the center of gravity on the Jeep low. But I also don't want to be rubbing on my fenders when I throw 35's on and hit the trails, so I'll do what needs doing. Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge/experience on this? Currently at full articulation my 33's have an inch or so space between themselves and the top of the Sport S stock fender flares.
Sponsored

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
Which fenders would you upgrade too?
Will you be running the 35’s on stock wheels?

OP
OP
The_Paper_Cut

The_Paper_Cut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport 2-Door
Which fenders would you upgrade too?
Will you be running the 35’s on stock wheels?
I’m not entirely sure on which fenders yet. On first glance I was thinking the steel ones from either DV8 or fishbone. But I don’t see a ton of options on Google for aftermarket fender flares for the JL. And yeah I plan on running the stock Rubicon 17” wheels with the 35’s.