Sponsored

Do I need spare tire relocation kit after mounting 315/70/17 tires on Rubicon wheels?

Rubicon_LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed 35" tires on my stock Rubi with stock wheels and plastic bumper. Spare tire fits perfect, didn't even have to move the third brake light. Tailgate doesn't feel heavier though it oviously must be heavier. No any issues at all. Seems like Rubicon should have come with 35" from the factory.
Sponsored

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
I just installed 35" tires on my stock Rubi with stock wheels and plastic bumper. Seems like Rubicon should have come with 35" from the factory.
This is another point I made earlier and is worth mentioning again. I think most dealerships offer 35's as an option for the JL Rubicons, and that itself shows that the JLR can handle that size tire all around. Dealerships (most, anyway) would not install an option that would break something else.

Sky King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green, JLUR (soon)
Planning on getting my first jeep, 2020 Rubicon unlimited with steel bumpers. I don't want to lift but would like slightly bigger tires (Nitto 295/70R17) and different wheels. The wheels will be a +25 offset as opposed to factory rim of +44. Together they come in weighing about 95 lbs. That's over the 85 lbs max recommended. I'm undecided on the need for the reinforcement kit being only over by 10 lbs but I would like to know what happens with tire placement if for safety I go with the hinge gate reinforcement kit. Does it push the tire too far away from the body of the car and is really designed for 35/s. Additionally, is the tire lifted higher where rear windshield visibility is lessened?

devicemanager

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR
Planning on getting my first jeep, 2020 Rubicon unlimited with steel bumpers. I don't want to lift but would like slightly bigger tires (Nitto 295/70R17) and different wheels. The wheels will be a +25 offset as opposed to factory rim of +44. Together they come in weighing about 95 lbs. That's over the 85 lbs max recommended. I'm undecided on the need for the reinforcement kit being only over by 10 lbs but I would like to know what happens with tire placement if for safety I go with the hinge gate reinforcement kit. Does it push the tire too far away from the body of the car and is really designed for 35/s. Additionally, is the tire lifted higher where rear windshield visibility is lessened?
10 lbs over is nothing to be concerned about. Look at the sheer number of people that are doing it without an issue.

Recursion

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
You might need to relocate higher to avoid tripping the back up sensors, if you have that option. I had to do that. Went with the RC bracket.

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
What makes Rubicons' tailgates/tire carriers different from Sport/Sahara/etc.? Are all Rubicon bumpers the steel ones?

Rubicon tire carriers are different from Sport/Sahara carriers, they are larger (section which attaches to tailgate) to accommodate the OEM 33's and have different part numbers.

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
35s/315 no issue. Didn’t need to change anything. Also been off road a lot with no issues. Just make sure you extend the bump stops if you get an offset further out. I bought AEV wheels so the offset was as close to stock. Good luck

E8337A59-E620-4AD8-92B6-31F3538E7C78.jpeg

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
35s/315 no issue. Didn’t need to change anything. Also been off road a lot with no issues. Just make sure you extend the bump stops if you get an offset further out. I bought AEV wheels so the offset was as close to stock. Good luck
Can you tell us which AEV wheels you have, JL or JK? Love that look! Thanks

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase