Sponsored

Do I have to hire a lawyer?

Bornabe

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Turbo EcoDiesel (Hellayella)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm starting to feel beyond frustrated with the dealer I ordered with. We placed an order for a 2020 Diesel JLURD and are not worried about how long it'll take to get delivered, but I was reviewing the order sheet and saw some things on there that weren't discussed with us and were added as fluff for them. Something called PermaPlate stuck out the most. When I asked them about this they eluded entirely and after some brief back and forth, I decided I wanted to cancel my order. We have no VIN and no delivery date as of yet. We're being told it has to be approved by the GM and to just be patient, they will make us happy when it's delivered. I said no, I want the order cancelled and then they started trying to make us feel guilty saying we're leaving them stuck with the vehicle.

Anyone have any advice for us moving forward? We never signed anything saying it wasn't refundable and were told when we paid the deposit for the order that it was refundable.
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I'm starting to feel beyond frustrated with the dealer I ordered with...
Good on you for catching things after the fact, calling the dealer out and holding them accountable.

If they’ve taken your deposit and you don’t mind waiting, I wouldn’t cancel but rather make sure the dealer understands that any additional pieces that they add to your build sheet without your consent are in fact GRATIS (free) and they can either remove them at the time of delivery or leave them on and not charge you for them.

Leaving them on and charging you for them is not an option since you never agreed to it. Stand your ground. Kudos.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
If it is in writing, " refundable " , you didn't sign anything, no contract, they doggone well better refund your deposit. No lawyer needed. States differ, but some have a "buyers remorse" consumer right, you have three days after delivery to return the vehicle for a refund..
There are good dealers available, that won't play games like this, listed on the Forum.
Buying your JL should be painless, leaving you happy with the dealer..

Overland Utah

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I work as a salesman at a dealership and I would recommend you still place your order with the dealer after having a discussion as to what fee’s they will be adding when it comes time to purchase. Did you agree to a sales price of the vehicle? Usually fee’s like that are optional and can be removed, a dealer cannot force you to buy them.

The only additional fee’s that are required and that most people are familiar with are tax, registration, and occasionally a dealer doc fee depending on the state.

If they are not willing to work with you and remove those from their “build sheet” then I would cancel the order and ask for a refund. If they do not give you a refund then call your credit card company and they should issue you one.

Permaplate are not options from the factory and will not show on the window sticker, it is an aftermarket product that the dealer can install (undercoating, clear bra, tint, etc.)

Sponsored

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
The dealer BS'ed me and said that the floor mats and trail kit were required with one of my options, remote start or proximity key, don't remember which one. This was only $300 more and in the grand scheme of a $57,000 Wrangler it's not that big of a deal. They gave me a great deal, about 12% off MSRP, so I didn't complain even though this was obvious BS. I was going to spend a bit more for Weathertech floor mats but the rubber Jeep ones are almost as good.

OP
OP
Bornabe

Bornabe

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Def dont buy the diesel you will thank me.

Just please dont lol
Why do you say to not buy the diesel?

Added Note: Thank you everyone for your responses! They are giving me a refund, there's some more shady stuff they started trying to do when I brought up them adding the extras without my permission. No contract was signed and they tried to bully us into keeping the order with them but wouldn't review anything they were adding as requirements when they are dealer addons I never agreed to. I placed an order for the same vehicle with Mike @ Mall of Georgia and was treated amazingly! Received 7% off invoice and couldn't be happier. Learned some lessons along the way.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

Added Note: Thank you everyone for your responses! They are giving me a refund, there's some more shady stuff they started trying to do when I brought up them adding the extras without my permission. No contract was signed and they tried to bully us into keeping the order with them but wouldn't review anything they were adding as requirements when they are dealer addons I never agreed to. I placed an order for the same vehicle with Mike @ Mall of Georgia and was treated amazingly! Received 7% off invoice and couldn't be happier. Learned some lessons along the way.
Please let us know the original dealer once you have your deposit back so we can all avoid them in the future ;)

HackedJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

We have a total of 2 Dodge Ram 1500 deisels (2015 & 2018), both have had nothing but EGR issues and now it's recalled with no repair. Two immobile units on our fleet - it's actually not driveable or else I wouldn't care

I'm positive these are the same slapped in the JL, and it will be a nightmare for you. The torque and mpg are not worth the hassles

There are already few threads popping up with similar issues. It's validating my conspiracy theory

OP
OP
Bornabe

Bornabe

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We have a total of 2 Dodge Ram 1500 deisels (2015 & 2018), both have had nothing but EGR issues and now it's recalled with no repair. Two immobile units on our fleet - it's actually not driveable or else I wouldn't care

I'm positive these are the same slapped in the JL, and it will be a nightmare for you. The torque and mpg are not worth the hassles

There are already few threads popping up with similar issues. It's validating my conspiracy theory

I had thought they made a lot of changes to the motor and are calling it 3rd gen due to it having so many differences. I'll go through the threads to see the issues that are popping up today so I don't get the wrong thing. I planned on removing that system once a kit is available and the warranty is out. I do a lot of highway driving and constantly check fluids, clean filters, etc... and was thinking on this one by the time the warranty is up or maybe even sooner I would be able to delete the system, tune the ecu, etc... to stop the problem from being an issue. Hoping at least

Edit: Still getting the diesel. I will be removing the EGR once it's out of warranty and can keep it cleaned out myself before that. There's plenty of people with EcoDiesels not having any of these issues even from the Gen 2 models. Sucks anyone does have issues but I'm able to find plenty of posts of people having issues with the 2.0 liter and 3.6 liter motors as well so I'll hope for the best with the Diesel and stay on top of the maintenance of it all. When I first get a vehicle I go through literally everything making sure fuses are seated properly, welds are good, you name it. I work in a factory building UPS / Amazon trucks as a fabricator and easily see where a lot of the problems normally stem from in any factory environment... employees that don't care about their quality of work. I recommend anyone to always fully check their vehicles on delivery for anything that could've been missed by finals / quality, make notes, take photos, and don't drive off until the dealer handles those issues.

Last edited:

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Changing/ removing Federally mandated emissions components can bring a serious fine ; some diesel tuner company got hit with $850, 000 fine ( three zeroes) for this. " Diesel Brothers"
How will " they " know ? Your high tech vehicle is constantly transmitting to the factory, like it or not. Might be a risk, this is a FEDERAL ISSUE, not state. Your State might not give a hoot, but be assured, the Feds do. That's why they chase down and crush imported Gray Market vehicles that by pass emissions standards. Just a cautionary thought..

OP
OP
Bornabe

Bornabe

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Changing/ removing Federally mandated emissions components can bring a serious fine ; some diesel tuner company got hit with $850, 000 fine ( three zeroes) for this. " Diesel Brothers"
How will " they " know ? Your high tech vehicle is constantly transmitting to the factory, like it or not. Might be a risk, this is a FEDERAL ISSUE, not state. Your State might not give a hoot, but be assured, the Feds do. That's why they chase down and crush imported Gray Market vehicles that by pass emissions standards. Just a cautionary thought..
I'm sorry, but our vehicles are not notifying or transmitting to the factory anything while we're driving around. I'm not selling vehicles modified in that way like Diesel Brothers were doing and don't plan on removing everything. I will disable the EGR and that's about it, and will go for a reversible approach so if it's ever an issue I'll be able to revert it as will be required at that time. It's not as dramatic of an issue as I think is being made out to be. People disable EGRs all the time and pass emissions testing. Removing the system entirely can be a concern, but making a small change like what I plan won't draw any attention. After reading through a ton of posts, I'm not seeing it as big of an issue as it's being made out to be. If it's a destructive thing to our engines, there will be a class action and all sorts of things happening in due time to sort it all out. There's tons of people not having any issues whatsoever with their EcoDiesels as well.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
That's four zeroes.

kglassic

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.criswellchryslerjeepdodge.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Occupation
Jeep Sales Manager
I'm starting to feel beyond frustrated with the dealer I ordered with. We placed an order for a 2020 Diesel JLURD and are not worried about how long it'll take to get delivered, but I was reviewing the order sheet and saw some things on there that weren't discussed with us and were added as fluff for them. Something called PermaPlate stuck out the most. When I asked them about this they eluded entirely and after some brief back and forth, I decided I wanted to cancel my order. We have no VIN and no delivery date as of yet. We're being told it has to be approved by the GM and to just be patient, they will make us happy when it's delivered. I said no, I want the order cancelled and then they started trying to make us feel guilty saying we're leaving them stuck with the vehicle.

Anyone have any advice for us moving forward? We never signed anything saying it wasn't refundable and were told when we paid the deposit for the order that it was refundable.
In most states the deposit must be returned. If it was a partial payment as opposed to s deposit they can keep it until the vehicle is sold. The order can be canceled by the factory if it has not gone to 'D' status. Even if you don't want it, I can't imagine why the dealer would cancel even if you didn't want it as the diesels are going to be in short supply for the foreseeable future. Tell them I'll buy it for invoice if thay can't sell it when it gets in!

OP
OP
Bornabe

Bornabe

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
In most states the deposit must be returned. If it was a partial payment as opposed to s deposit they can keep it until the vehicle is sold. The order can be canceled by the factory if it has not gone to 'D' status. Even if you don't want it, I can't imagine why the dealer would cancel even if you didn't want it as the diesels are going to be in short supply for the foreseeable future. Tell them I'll buy it for invoice if thay can't sell it when it gets in!
They couldn't tell me what status it was in, nor provide me a VIN and said they're losing out on this and stuck with the vehicle... all sorts of guilt trip type of conversation. They agreed to return the deposit after a lot of back and forth and leaving me feeling sick to my stomach each time. Once the finance manager got on the phone it was like night and day. He should be the salesperson... SOOOOO much nicer to deal with and talk to. I told him that my first contact to the dealer was that if they added anything without speaking with me first I would cancel and that was that. I showed him the different things they were adding bringing the price up above MSRP but hiding that stuff from me with hand covering on the paperwork and excuses as to why those were required things that I couldn't even get answers as to what some of the things even were. Had to explain to him that the salesperson kept telling us they would make us happy once it arrived and we'll work it out, but wouldn't go through what exactly that meant. After telling him that they tried telling me that I couldn't get my money back... he understood, said they won't be holding my money ransom or anything like that and on Monday he'll get the approval done from the GM to get that returned to me. It wasn't a contract. I told him shady sneaky tactics like that are from the olden days and I just won't be dealing with that anymore from any dealer. When I sent an eMail to a recommended dealer about 2 hours from where I live, it was an instant this is what I can do type of thing... Same exact vehicle, 7% below invoice... showed me in detail every item and what the invoice is and what discounts I get after that, no hassles whatsoever. They'll be getting repeat business from me. Saved me a ton of money, which I can put into other things. Went from being off-feeling, frustrated and upset to feeling relieved and relaxed just by contacting a recommended dealer.
Sponsored