Sponsored

Do I HAVE to buy the e-torque V6 to get Nav?

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
EDIT! Never mind, i can add it aftermarket apparently, i am not sure if I get the Off Road pages or not but it works with the backup camera and i would guess the trail camera as well so all is good....

**NOTE** I found this; https://www.extremeterrain.com/infotainment-jeep-wrangler-84-inch-screen-gps-nav-radio-uconnect-uaq-4c-upgrade-c-uaq-jl-c-bez-84jl.html?utm_content=XTInterior-Electronics|Infotainment&T5_Var4=J137681-JL&intl=0&utm_campaign=XTW+Wrangler+Vehicle+Medium&dialogtech=ppc&utm_source=google-pla&utm_medium=shopping&T5_Var2=shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjwn9v7BRBqEiwAbq1Ey2F8fStLBK7bQVH8akG6iaTk2w-Jc62lvV0Gx2HLRUJhhW5k0USkTxoCjHkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#customer_reviews

I wonder if I lose any functionality with that over the factory head unit installation.
Sponsored

21RubiconZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon 2 door, 2007 VN2000
I want to order a 2021 2 door Rubicon early next year. It must be an automatic trans (traffic around here can suck) and I REALLY want the factory 8.4" screen with premium sound system and NAV. however, the Jeep build utility on their website doesn't seem to allow that combination. The ONLY option appears to be the e-torque.

I may be wrong, but the whole idea of the e-torque sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. It is overly complex and if the e-torque portion fails you are DOA. The Jeep doesn't even have an alternator to run the standard systems, it all relies on the e-torque. I want to wheel this thing and on the east coast that means mud and water.

Does anyone else have this same reservation? I searched and see people unhappy , but they are also unhappy with the other engines when something goes all Catawampus.

One solution is to move to a 4 door with the diesel, but I really like the look of the 2 door and its maneuverability (not to mention price). I would just add an aftermarket head unit, but with a soft top that is asking for theft not to mention that never looks as good as factory - AND the factory unit offers a lot of other integrated features.

Thoughts?
I ordered my 21 2 door Rubicon. I went w/o e-torque. I wanted stick shift. I think I heard somewhere that you can only get the 3.6 w/o on the manual trans? Pretty sure the 8.4 is not an issue, regardless of engine. I got it.

OP
OP
bigfoot21075

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered my 21 2 door Rubicon. I went w/o e-torque. I wanted stick shift. I think I heard somewhere that you can only get the 3.6 w/o on the manual trans? Pretty sure the 8.4 is not an issue, regardless of engine. I got it.
It appears you can no longer buy the 8.4" screen if you want the non e-torque motor with automatic trans, but in reading some reviews the 8.4" I posted above is an easy install and is the same unit at less cost. Thanks though...

21RubiconZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon 2 door, 2007 VN2000
It appears you can no longer buy the 8.4" screen if you want the non e-torque motor with automatic trans, but in reading some reviews the 8.4" I posted above is an easy install and is the same unit at less cost. Thanks though...
I just don't think you can get the 3.6 without e-torque unless you get the standard transmission

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I doubt you get the off-road pages without the 8.4” from the factory.

An aftermarket head unit is not going to be connected to the powertrain and the rest of the vehicle to know if it is in 4WD or not, if it is going uphill or downhill.

OP
OP
bigfoot21075

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)