Sponsored

Do Higher Trim Owners Look Down on us Sport/Sport S owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I've done some serious introspection on this post. I do look down on some Sport owners. Also some Sahara and Rubi owners. If I meet you on the trail in 4 low having fun, I'm happy for you. But If you put on a big lift, tall tires, a winch with brand new perfectly wrapped cable, running boards and an Angry Grill, I'm gonna dis you. Your Jeep hates you, it wants to live on sand, rocks and dirt. It dreams of a new owner who will run it.
I've done some serious introspection on this post. I do look down on some Sport owners. Also some Sahara and Rubi owners. If I meet you on the trail in 4 low having fun, I'm happy for you. But If you put on a big lift, tall tires, a winch with brand new perfectly wrapped cable, running boards and an Angry Grill, I'm gonna dis you. Your Jeep hates you, it wants to live on sand, rocks and dirt. It dreams of a new owner who will run it.
Why would you care about someone elseā€™s Wrangler unless its owner greatly inconveniences you either on the trail (or at the mall) My Wrangler is an inanimate object that I use to have fun....nothing more.
Sponsored

LFMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
If it makes you feel any better I drove past four wranglers this morning - two rubiā€™s, one sahara and one sport. The sport was the only one that didnā€™t wave, and it literally had a smiley face as a tire cover! šŸ™ƒ

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
even better story for a hijack:
my daughter ended up with a '21 sport s rather than a '20 on account of the dealer being a total douche...4 months later, I decide, since we really don't use it any more, to trade my '15 super crew F350 in on a jeep: had planned on ordering a '21 snazberry willys, but the dealer basically gave me the last '20 rubi on their lot for the same it would have cost to order a new one...
NOW, my daughter (with the sport s, mind you) looks down upon me as I've only got a '20 & hers is a '21....she also thinks it funny that I got all the rubi stuff that I'll, in all likelyhood, never need or use & paid more for that which I"ll never use.
she thinks I got a good deal on "more than I'll need", and is still happy that hers is newer ;)

jrob529

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
I was at the store today and in the parking lot I parked a couple spots over from a JL Rubicon. I own a 2021 JL Sport S. Was excited and when they owner was walking back to his car I went nice car I just got a 2021 Sport here a couple weeks ago and pointed it out. He just laughed and went "okay right" and got in the car and drove away. I felt small!!

Is there some kind of unspoken "Rubicons and everyone else" type of ownership in this community? Just curious.

I love my Sport S and love that it's 2 doors even more! I owned a 2018 JL Sahara back in 2018 and I'm actually having more fun with this new one that I did with the Sahara for some reason!

Love you all, high trim or not,

Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.