Sponsored

Do Higher Trim Owners Look Down on us Sport/Sport S owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
I was at the store today and in the parking lot I parked a couple spots over from a JL Rubicon. I own a 2021 JL Sport S. Was excited and when they owner was walking back to his car I went nice car I just got a 2021 Sport here a couple weeks ago and pointed it out. He just laughed and went "okay right" and got in the car and drove away. I felt small!!

Is there some kind of unspoken "Rubicons and everyone else" type of ownership in this community? Just curious.

I love my Sport S and love that it's 2 doors even more! I owned a 2018 JL Sahara back in 2018 and I'm actually having more fun with this new one that I did with the Sahara for some reason!

Love you all, high trim or not,

Kyle
Yeah, there are some Rubisnobs out there, just ignore em'.....
Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
OP

that Masshole is probably a convert to Jeep, probably a former import driver who looks down on domestic brands save top of the line like a Rubicon, my neighborhood is full of Audis, Mercedes, BMW, Volvo, a few Fords, and Chevys. I wear the Mopar Brand proud against the broke millenials with their imports. Some of whom make snobby comments to me, I ignore them knowing I own all my cars while they make payments and rent them :)

BTW I wave to all wranglers!

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
I never ever look down at anyone..my bet is that dope has a small penis...

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I was at the store today and in the parking lot I parked a couple spots over from a JL Rubicon. I own a 2021 JL Sport S. Was excited and when they owner was walking back to his car I went nice car I just got a 2021 Sport here a couple weeks ago and pointed it out. He just laughed and went "okay right" and got in the car and drove away. I felt small!!

Is there some kind of unspoken "Rubicons and everyone else" type of ownership in this community? Just curious.

I love my Sport S and love that it's 2 doors even more! I owned a 2018 JL Sahara back in 2018 and I'm actually having more fun with this new one that I did with the Sahara for some reason!

Kyle
Wow, 'okay right" and 8 pages of assumptions as too what he meant. Maybe he was sarcastic about liking his Rubicon or Wranglers. All this dissing of Rubicon owners strikes me as divisive as todays politics. WTH are we coming too.

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
The guy is not on here. Let’s just have fun at his expense 😂😂😂😂. I say it was his penis size.

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass

Kyle
Yes, I look down upon any stock Sport, Sport S and Sahara owner, but only by about an inch. Since I am an insecure man, every inch counts...

I even jack my seat way up, crushing my lap against the steering wheel so I can look down even further. That is, until someone lifts their Jeep and totally emasculates me. At that point, I simply take off a freedom panel and stand on my seat to drive.

I have a Rubicon because I wanted a cool Jeep that I wouldn't have to mod too much for it to be Mall Rated. I have slightly more money than time. I get that people can make some generalizations about others based on their vehicle of choice, but it's really splitting hairs to differentiate based on the trim level of the vehicle of choice. All Wranglers are awesome (except YJs, which are a hideous abomination).

There are only a few automotive certainties upon which you can make judgement:
1. Mercedes Benz drivers are the worst
2. Camry drivers are worse than Mercedes Benz drivers
3. Firecracker Red is the best color for a Wrangler, and those who drive Firecracker Red Jeep Wranglers, especially the 4 door versions, tend to be more charismatic, wise, attractive and worthy of unwavering adulation and respect.

I have spoken.

tenor.gif

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic

Kyle
Good job on getting a real jeep Kyle. No matter the trim it still has two doors as jeeps are meant to be.

Jeep wave from the rubi driver!

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
In this community it's not always about the Jeep, it's about the driver behind it :fist bump:

Kllrbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have a bare bones 2 door Rubi. Only option is the better infotainment w Nav. None of the other high level stuff that most get with a "fully loaded" Rubi.
Only reason I wanted one vs a sport is so I wouldnt have to swap all suspension in the future. Been there, done that with multiple TJ and YJs.
My guess is that the guy is either a total douche OR you came off way too enthusiastic and hes not that into the Jeep culture.

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
I have a bare bones 2 door Rubi. Only option is the better infotainment w Nav. None of the other high level stuff that most get with a "fully loaded" Rubi.
Only reason I wanted one vs a sport is so I wouldnt have to swap all suspension in the future. Been there, done that with multiple TJ and YJs.
My guess is that the guy is either a total douche OR you came off way too enthusiastic and hes not that into the Jeep culture.
Or it wasn't his Jeep haha!

Sponsored

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Kyle
It’s not called the Jeep Rubicon wave.. lol ignore it.. I’ve had several wranglers over the years, and just recently dipped into the Rubicon (picked up a 2019, sold it.. and now in a diesel Rubicon). Make your jeep your own. Get out and enjoy it. You’ll find the jeep community is like ever other; we have our bad apples, but the majority of folks will bend over backwards to offer advice or lend you a hand. Enjoy!!!

Last edited:

Overland21

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlur, 1971 cutlass, 2013 vw Jetta, 2012 mazdaspeed3
I started with a 2010 JKU sport because to me it was just a SUV. Fell in with the wrong crowd on Jkforum.com and 3 months later it had 35" tires a 3.5" lift, rear steel bumper with tire carrier Jerry can mounts and rack, front steel bumper with 12k winch and a stinger, weld on sliders and sparco race seats with 4 point race harness incase I rolled over. Plus rehearing drive shafts and other things. But she was a sport with no lockers and everyone in socal as well where I went wheeling said it was a nice rig. I went to my first jeep even as a bone stock and was getting stuck everywhere. The guys with their built rigs never gave me a hard time and made me feel welcomed. They showed me what I was doing wrong and made me want to come out and wheel with them. The only thing I miss about California. Now I started with a 2021 Rubicon diesel, i want to overland with it and wanted to spend less on lockers and other mods that come stock on the Rubicon.

If your a Jeep fan and not a dick I will park next to you talk with you and help you out. Fu k that guy, you do you and do what you want with your rig because on the end of the day it's your baby.

Welcome to the club!

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
To the OP - life is too short to let some insecure asshat dictate how you should feel. Don’t give it another thought.

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
I've done some serious introspection on this post. I do look down on some Sport owners. Also some Sahara and Rubi owners. If I meet you on the trail in 4 low having fun, I'm happy for you. But If you put on a big lift, tall tires, a winch with brand new perfectly wrapped cable, running boards and an Angry Grill, I'm gonna dis you. Your Jeep hates you, it wants to live on sand, rocks and dirt. It dreams of a new owner who will run it.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Maybe his dog just died and all you are being jerks not knowing his pain.

I personally agree with chocolatethunder's last post.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.