Sponsored

Do Higher Trim Owners Look Down on us Sport/Sport S owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Most stock rubi owners Ive seen on the trail seem intimidated when they see my sport on stock 32s and open diffs drive the same line they just "proudly" finished. Just enjoy your Jeep, I am sure that guy was just some ass who went in for "a new car" and got sold on a rubicon by a dealer salesman.
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I only look down on those with angry grilles on their Jeep..
Yeah I rarely approach those, or the ones with overly sized wheels and reduced rubber. Some angry grill peeps are cool but theyre outliers. You can usually tell when the driver is a douche or a real jeeper.

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
I was at the store today and in the parking lot I parked a couple spots over from a JL Rubicon. I own a 2021 JL Sport S. Was excited and when they owner was walking back to his car I went nice car I just got a 2021 Sport here a couple weeks ago and pointed it out. He just laughed and went "okay right" and got in the car and drove away. I felt small!!

Is there some kind of unspoken "Rubicons and everyone else" type of ownership in this community? Just curious.

I love my Sport S and love that it's 2 doors even more! I owned a 2018 JL Sahara back in 2018 and I'm actually having more fun with this new one that I did with the Sahara for some reason!

Love you all, high trim or not,

Kyle
One of my favorite Jeeps I’ve ever seen was a totally stripped down Sport (non-S) manual trans. The owner was retired military and said he wanted a Jeep that reminded him of his military days, so he purposely ordered it like that and kept it stock.
The doors were off and the top down. It was beautiful in its simplicity.
I’d rather see someone buy a Jeep they love and just enjoy it than an asshole drive a Rubicon who should have bought a Range Rover instead.
Just drive it and enjoy it... and realize most of us are nothing like that guy.

xerogravsix

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 High Altitude 4xe
and, that could be as well. Sometimes you get weirdos that think because you drive the same car or motorbike youre automatically friends.
I'm hurt, here I thought we were best friends after I waved to you on that random rainy dark 3am drive down a lightless trail....

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
I'm hurt, here I thought we were best friends after I waved to you on that random rainy dark 3am drive down a lightless trail....
it wasnt lightless. I just didnt have my X300 on.

Sponsored

wedgeajt

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 2-Door JK, 2021 Rubicon (ordered)
My wife has a 21 JLUR and I have a 16 2 dr JK. She literally looks down on me. :mad: until I lft mine! :jk:

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I was at the store today and in the parking lot I parked a couple spots over from a JL Rubicon. I own a 2021 JL Sport S. Was excited and when they owner was walking back to his car I went nice car I just got a 2021 Sport here a couple weeks ago and pointed it out. He just laughed and went "okay right" and got in the car and drove away. I felt small!!
Those of us that drive Sports are at the bottom of the pecking order, just above Toyotas. After all a Rubicon owner probably paid $15k more than we did.
I take pride in owning my JLUS to do trails with, and I actually do trails. I don't think very many Rubicon owners can say that, so I have that over them. Otherwise you accept your position in the pecking order and go on with it. Shortly the V8 owners will look down on the Rubicon owners. As for Sahara owners, I don't think they care.

Aesikidesi

First Name
Rubin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUA / RUFICON
Occupation
Data Analyst / IT Data Recovery
Vehicle Showcase
Assholes come in all trims.

I am a Sahara hemorrhoid...I irritate all kinds of asshole trims. Be me, be a sport hemorrhoid......lol.

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
I give every Jeep the wave... ✌🏻

Sponsored

Tstraley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350. jlu.
When I was looking for my Jeep I optioned out a sport s that actually cost more than my sahara. The same goes with an optioned out sahara can cost more than a rubicon. I ended up with the sahara because I didn't plan to do enough offroading for the rubicon. By the time I added the side steps, infotainment group, and a few other options on the sport s the cost was close to what my sahara was with a lot of options standard on the sahara. Plus I didn't care for the euro bumper inserts.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase

Is there some kind of unspoken "Rubicons and everyone else" type of ownership in this community? Just curious.

I love my Sport S and love that it's 2 doors even more! I owned a 2018 JL Sahara back in 2018 and I'm actually having more fun with this new one that I did with the Sahara for some reason!

Love you all, high trim or not,

Kyle
OP, there are many possibilities:

1. He's an asshole
2. He didn't hear you clearly, either due to a COVID mask or just ambient background noise, and gave you a perfunctory answer because he was in a hurry
3. He was trying to teach you a lesson for calling his jeep a "car"
4. He was jealous that your jeep has two doors, because he knows deep down that two door jeeps are better than four door jeeps (if his was a four door)
5. He's an asshole

I'm sorry you got the one jurk who had enough money to purchase a Rubicon without doing what us sport owners had to do to work up to a Rubicon...
Yes! Okay, I'm with you. I've owned a few base Wranglers in the past, a 2006 SE (that's as base as they get) and a 1994 with no options (just the 4.0L). I feel like I had to pay my dues with the cheap jeeps that were falling apart, had no power anything, had no center consoles, and barely worked to earn my way into the Rubicon family. Oh, and getting promoted and earning a decent living now helps too.

I wave at all Jeeps, why because I had four kids, and needed a Jeep for the kids fun and could not justify a Rubicon back then. In fact the Rubicon in the past was just a decal....
Wait, what?

Jeep Wrangler JL Do Higher Trim Owners Look Down on us Sport/Sport S owners? chloe

Since its inception in 2003, the Rubicon has never, EVER, been a mere sticker package. I'm no longer with you.

You can park next to me and I will ask you what have you done to your Jeep and what is next.... If we hit it off will leave $1k cash on your wiper without you knowing it is from me...
Wait wait wait. My parents live in Boone, NC... are you telling me if I come visit them and run into you, I have a shot at ONE THOUSAND BIG ONES?! Okay I'm with you again!!!

My take would be to not worry whether someone thinks he's better than me.
Ding ding ding! We have a winner! This right here is the correct answer.

Those of us that drive Sports are at the bottom of the pecking order, just above Toyotas. After all a Rubicon owner probably paid $15k more than we did.
I don't know where this comes from, but on this forum there's always some crazy ass $10k to $20k inflation price added on to Rubicons. I swear I address this almost every week. Where do you people get these numbers?! I bought my Rubicon brand new for $40k. Just last week someone was saying Rubicons cost $20k more than Sports. Are you people high? What build-and-price tool are you using?

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I love all the Jeeps, doesn't matter if it's a Sport, Sahara, or Rubicon to me!

Edit: One thought: Maybe the dude was really socially awkward. Or was caught off guard or something.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
this subject pops up every few weeks.

No. your still cool. Now if you have a manual.

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
I love my 19 Sahara I purchased used 1 year ago. Yeah I've been asked is it a Rubicon, but never in a negative context (at least I think).

My 10 year old would tell you everyone always comments on the Jeep.

I've rolled with a crew of experienced drivers in Toyotas and Jeeps at a local 4x4 park and had no issues keeping up. Adding a sway bar disconnect definitely helped.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.