Sponsored

Do Higher Trim Owners Look Down on us Sport/Sport S owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
In all seriousness, what leads you to believe it has anything to do with your Jeep being a sport? Maybe he doesn’t like being approached by strangers. Maybe there’s something about you he didn’t like. Maybe he’s just an ass.

Do you think if the same situation happened and you had a rubicon it would have gone differently?

I don’t see the leap to automatically assuming it’s some sort of trim-ism.
Sponsored

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
So since we all agree he is a jerk... take the high road and pull him out of the ditch and say "My Sport helped you jerk of a Rubicon owner..."

You are good. I've had and have many Jeeps over the years with 2 XJ's , a ZJ, a M109A3 ( military truck made by Jeep) and my '20 Rubicon JLU. I wave at all real Jeeps ( no Fiats) and am interested in their mods. So, no, that particular guy has issues.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
In all seriousness, what leads you to believe it has anything to do with your Jeep being a sport? Maybe he doesn’t like being approached by strangers. Maybe there’s something about you he didn’t like. Maybe he’s just an ass.

Do you think if the same situation happened and you had a rubicon it would have gone differently?

I don’t see the leap to automatically assuming it’s some sort of trim-ism.
and, that could be as well. Sometimes you get weirdos that think because you drive the same car or motorbike youre automatically friends.

Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
My take would be to not worry whether someone thinks he's better than me.

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
I was at the store today and in the parking lot I parked a couple spots over from a JL Rubicon. I own a 2021 JL Sport S. Was excited and when they owner was walking back to his car I went nice car I just got a 2021 Sport here a couple weeks ago and pointed it out. He just laughed and went "okay right" and got in the car and drove away. I felt small!!

Is there some kind of unspoken "Rubicons and everyone else" type of ownership in this community? Just curious.

I love my Sport S and love that it's 2 doors even more! I owned a 2018 JL Sahara back in 2018 and I'm actually having more fun with this new one that I did with the Sahara for some reason!

Love you all, high trim or not,

Kyle
Not at all.... Work hard and be nice to people. As long as you wave when you pass another Jeep you are good. My son always looks for what kind of wave our fellow Jeepers give. Enjoy your Jeep.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I like that.. a friend said that if you get a Hummer, check your penis size as it may be smaller than you think.. so funny, never got a Hummer.

In those instance I just say loudly, “Sorry about your penis!l

HellaJL2817

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport
Nah. I’ll be your huckleberry. Don’t care what your Jeep looks like as long as you wave or acknowledge
I noticed where I live in Ohio that if your Jeep is not modded like others on road the passing modded Jeep won’t wave back? But non modded jeeps wave? 👋

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Absolutely yes. Rubicon owners look down at other trim levels - about 1.5” or so. Once you get your Jeep lifted, you’ll be looking down at stock Rubis!

As for the Jeep family - all Jeeps and trims are awesome and worthy of parking alongside, waving to, talking with, and admiring... from CJs and YJs to today’s JLs and JTs. All Jeeps and trims are awesome. Unfortunately, not all Jeep owners are.

Sponsored

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
I noticed where I live in Ohio that if your Jeep is not modded like others on road the passing modded Jeep won’t wave back? But non modded jeeps wave? 👋
I don’t want to hijack this thread into a Jeep wave discussion, but many years back, I came across several different descriptions of Jeep wave protocols, and all were quite similar in spirit so it seems to be a real thing (or once was a real thing). It seemed to be built around honoring discomfort factors and owner efforts/upkeep. For instance:

-More comfortable Jeep drivers (top up, windows up, AC or heat on) initiate the wave to less comfortable Jeep drivers (doors off and/or top off in wind, rain, and/or snow)
-Stock and less modified Jeeps initiate the wave to more heavily modified Jeeps
-Newer Jeeps initiate the wave to older models keeping the legacy alive and requiring more TLC and upkeep

Something along those lines, at least, and largely as a tip-of-the-cap to the efforts and enthusiasms of the Jeep driver you’re passing.

Anyway, thought I’d share just because it’s kind of a fun and cool historical account.

Me - I just initiate the wave to everybody. If I’m in OH and I see you, I’ll wave to you!

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
I was at the store today and in the parking lot I parked a couple spots over from a JL Rubicon. I own a 2021 JL Sport S. Was excited and when they owner was walking back to his car I went nice car I just got a 2021 Sport here a couple weeks ago and pointed it out. He just laughed and went "okay right" and got in the car and drove away. I felt small!!

Is there some kind of unspoken "Rubicons and everyone else" type of ownership in this community? Just curious.

I love my Sport S and love that it's 2 doors even more! I owned a 2018 JL Sahara back in 2018 and I'm actually having more fun with this new one that I did with the Sahara for some reason!

Love you all, high trim or not,

Kyle
Regardless of year or trim, a Wrangler is a Wrangler to me. Gone are the days when Jeep Owners took pride in other Jeeps also as we were unique. Now a days we have too many jerkoffs buying Rubicons from their parent's or spouse's money and they don't know the meaning of words struggle or respect. You unfortunately encountered one of those jerkoffs. I bet you if you mention the word "Dana" to them they will say they havent spoken to her since College or something. Meanwhile you probably will get down underneath and be showing these idiots how to disconnect a sway bar.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I think in the Jeep world, at least from what I have encountered, it would be very rare for someone to actually look down at another just because of a different trim level! It is more likely you just happened to meet someone who is either very protective of their personal space, lacks social skills to interact with strangers or maybe someone just having one of those days...

I ordered a Rubi 2-door because I convinced myself that I would not feel the need to mod a Rubi...Damm do I feel silly!!!

No matter which trim level you have, just remember it is a Jeep:
J ust
E mpty
E very
P ocket

I forgot the most important thing: CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW JEEP!!!

Last edited:

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i wouldnt worry about it. you will learn fast as to which jeep owners would be worth striking a conversation or a simple nood to potential jackasses. (welcome to the world of profiling). most of the jeep owners are friendly and would love to talk jeep. i've talk to owners about the modded jeep. even old timers will strike a conversation about my jl and they will mentioned about thier willy or cj that they owned. on ther other side i've talked to someone and he pretended that he knows about jeep and not manage to get one info right. as for the jeep waves, most of them wave. some have no clue and once in a blue moon you get a finger.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.