Sponsored

Do Higher Trim Owners Look Down on us Sport/Sport S owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Ehhhh, that dude probably wasn't a Jeeper, just bought it because it looks cool. Who knows.

But, I stop & talk with other Jeep owners all the time. Sometimes will start the conversation myself. But, I'm a big car/truck/Jeep nut & will/can talk shop all day, given the opportunity.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
It does happen, although what that guy said was pretty overt.

You can be sitting in a Rubicon and be totally miserable and you can be sitting in a Sport and be totally happy, or vice versa. There’s no cause-and-effect.

I wouldn’t let it bother you.

There’s a long thread on the subject: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeep-snobbery-rant.59735/

Deleted member 59098

Not at all. I admire all ZJs built, neglected or stock. ZJs are the cheapest real Jeeps period (for now). I admire your sport too. I almost ended up with one, but knowing the axles needed to one day go, I bought a Rubicon.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I was at the store today and in the parking lot I parked a couple spots over from a JL Rubicon. I own a 2021 JL Sport S. Was excited and when they owner was walking back to his car I went nice car I just got a 2021 Sport here a couple weeks ago and pointed it out. He just laughed and went "okay right" and got in the car and drove away. I felt small!!

Is there some kind of unspoken "Rubicons and everyone else" type of ownership in this community? Just curious.

I love my Sport S and love that it's 2 doors even more! I owned a 2018 JL Sahara back in 2018 and I'm actually having more fun with this new one that I did with the Sahara for some reason!

Love you all, high trim or not,

Kyle
You got dissed because you called his wrangler a car. His reaction was correct and warranted.

Sponsored

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I was at the store today and in the parking lot I parked a couple spots over from a JL Rubicon. I own a 2021 JL Sport S. Was excited and when they owner was walking back to his car I went nice car I just got a 2021 Sport here a couple weeks ago and pointed it out. He just laughed and went "okay right" and got in the car and drove away. I felt small!!

Is there some kind of unspoken "Rubicons and everyone else" type of ownership in this community? Just curious.

I love my Sport S and love that it's 2 doors even more! I owned a 2018 JL Sahara back in 2018 and I'm actually having more fun with this new one that I did with the Sahara for some reason!

Kyle
Of course we look down on the poor. They had a chance and they blew it. :LOL::CWL:

But really, I drove a '04 X model for 14 years and loved it. It started out with an D35 (no locker, of course), upgraded to a D44 (still unlocked), went to 32s and 33s with a 3.5" lift, sye, etc... It was great and I enjoyed learning to drive it without all of the extras. I do think that it made me learn to be a better driver off road. It was also fun to see someone's reaction to getting through or over an obstacle and them asking if I was locked after they fought to get through it. But it was also as much fun to teach them why I made it with a more simple Jeep and show them why some of the more basic things that I had learned worked on the trail and would help them, too. Now that I have a Rubicon, I look forward to the extras (except that damned sway bar disconnect) but don't mind riding with Jeeps at all levels and really think that too many people buy a higher level and don't learn what their Jeep is really capable of.

Finnley

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon

Kyle
Apologies, Kyle, that you encountered an asshat, or at the very least, a poor communicator.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer

Kyle
last jeep i had was a JY years ago. I now have a Gladiator. The amount of class snobberyI have found in the jeep community is astounding. People with modded out jeeps not waiving if youre stock. People with rubicons looking down their nose at anyone else; which I find super ironic because my Mojave is a higher spec than theirs. People with 40’s looking down on the peasants with 37’s. People with 37’s looking down the peasants with 35’s. People with 35’s looking down on the peasants with stock tires. Wranglers looking down on Gladiators. People with king shocks and bead locks looking down on people with “”overlander”” builds. Toyota community is the same. I love having Rauch Creek rats try to tell me I dont know how to drive when Ive driven 4wd vehicles on 4 continents and been through professional driving schools taught by Baja500 winners. People are desperate for status in their lives, and many people today find it by being the biggest jeep with a big forum/social media presence because they dont actually know where to find experience.

then you come to these forums and meet lots of great people all over looking to help.

ive found that going to groups of same “property” is good for questions a out that “property”. So be a part of a jeep forum for jeep questions. But when it comes to “doing life”, i look for coalescence around activity or lifestyle over “property“.

youre going to meet douche bags everywhere you go. I have found that if you do what you are interested in and focus your community around that, its better than community around a “thing”.

i come to here and the gldiator forum for great help on the “jeep”. I go To ADVRider or ExpeditionPortal for my “lifestyle”. Also, fuck’em, and do you. My message to people is always the same: just dont be a douche bag. Its not that hard. If you think a piece of property some how makes you cool or better than someone else, then you have a problem you need to sort out.

Last edited:

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

Kyle
Depends on whether or not you're equally lifted. ;)

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Kyle, there’s one born every minute. Enjoy your Jeep. Douche bags are the same everywhere. Usually angry with themselves and the world.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sorry you got the one jurk who had enough money to purchase a Rubicon without doing what us sport owners had to do to work up to a Rubicon...

I have had three Sports etc... now JLR at age 74 with my Jeeping Buddy JLUR said let's go Rubicon for the way they uplift the fenders for larger tires/wheels without a lift and other reasons.

I wave at all Jeeps, why because I had four kids, and needed a Jeep for the kids fun and could not justify a Rubicon back then. In fact the Rubicon in the past was just a decal....

You can park next to me and I will ask you what have you done to your Jeep and what is next.... If we hit it off will leave $1k cash on your wiper without you knowing it is from me... You see Jeep models are based on stage of life. It is hard for me to get down and change oil or do mods... So why not pay forward to younger Jeepers as I was at your position 50 years ago. O no one left me cash... but the F&N who sold me my first used Jeep years later became the GM of our Lexus dealer of which I have purchased 5 of them from his wife...

Keep Jeeping and look for your Grand Dad and the $1K gift.

Jack

P.S. you live to far away for me to give you a gift. joking. So do not the Rubicon owners not shower you with respect and $$$.

Kyle

olmectech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
Remember, it is called a Sport for a reason. That is because you are lighter weight.
Higher trim levels with the same engine may be better off-road, but not at the stop light.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.