Sponsored

Do Higher Trim Owners Look Down on us Sport/Sport S owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Alright RobAmy and Tony, (the 2 posters above). I promise starting today, I will start waving again. Iā€™m not BSing you. I will thanks to you both give it another go starting today.
As I posted earlier itā€™s the judging that wears me down. If some guy wants an angry grill or polka dots on his/her Jeep I may think itā€™s ugly but Iā€™d NEVER insult someone that likes it. People can be cruel behind their keyboards.
Okay Steve, from our communications I never envisioned you as a Scrooge McDuck - not doing a Wave Jeep???? And I am your friend??? Gee now I have to really evaluate our friendship! Mebbe I will drive up to your hood and just drive around your Jeep and make you wave at me non stop for all the non waving that you did not do.

As for your statement on how you never insult anyone that have angry grill or polka dots on the Jeep - bro I respect you. Cause if I see polka dots Jeep on the road, I would be like going past them and have the expression of this cat.

Jeep Wrangler JL Do Higher Trim Owners Look Down on us Sport/Sport S owners? shockedcat

As for some peeps that modified their Jeep into some kind of Waste Management truck - I am sorry, but I am so totally judging them and would give them the same cat look sarcastically. Because just because you can do something to your Jeep it DOES NOT MEAN others have to suffer looking at your FUGLY Jeep Psssh! Its like that Bon Jovi songs - YOU GAVE JEEEEEEP A BAD NAME!!!!! Donks!

Jeep Wrangler JL Do Higher Trim Owners Look Down on us Sport/Sport S owners? phoebemyeyes

Juuuuuuust kidding.

Last edited:

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
No, I'm just good with multitasking šŸ˜Ž

Here's another Christmas one that I know you'll like. :like:

FB_IMG_1608838514839.jpg
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! THATS WHACKED UP!!! You know me too well!! Hahahaahahaha I want that funko pop Sam!!! Gimme da Moooooose!!!

rkerr188

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Jeep JLUR
I was at the store today and in the parking lot I parked a couple spots over from a JL Rubicon. I own a 2021 JL Sport S. Was excited and when they owner was walking back to his car I went nice car I just got a 2021 Sport here a couple weeks ago and pointed it out. He just laughed and went "okay right" and got in the car and drove away. I felt small!!

Is there some kind of unspoken "Rubicons and everyone else" type of ownership in this community? Just curious.

I love my Sport S and love that it's 2 doors even more! I owned a 2018 JL Sahara back in 2018 and I'm actually having more fun with this new one that I did with the Sahara for some reason!

Love you all, high trim or not,

Kyle
Sheesh... Any Jeep, any time... if it says JEEP, Iā€™m going to wave šŸ‘

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Maybe, but every car forum I have been on has done it to some extent. The grand prix gt owners got shit from the GTP guys. The Trans Am WS6s made fun of the firebirds. Z06 guys pissed off the base corvettes. Plenty of threads here of Rubicons doing the same thing. Most of it is in good fun though....most of it.

zscooby

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU white Rubicon, 2019 BMW R1250GSA 2019 Honda Talon 1000x
If itā€™s what you can afford or what you like then good for you! If you donā€™t plan on off roading why waste the money on a rubicon?
if the plan is to replace everything why waste the money on a rubicon itā€™s the same frame and motor. Just enjoy your jeep. Plain and simple.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
One of my favorite Jeeps Iā€™ve ever seen was a totally stripped down Sport (non-S) manual trans. The owner was retired military and said he wanted a Jeep that reminded him of his military days, so he purposely ordered it like that and kept it stock.
i've had a couple of old timers looking at my jl and commented how well jeep was holding the traditional design and live axles. they were grinning ear to ear when they saw that my jl was a base model and had the hand crank windows, etc.

Iā€™d rather see someone buy a Jeep they love and just enjoy it than an asshole drive a Rubicon who should have bought a Range Rover instead.
i agree. drive it known the purpose of a jeep. not because it cool looking and have to be the "all that person".

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Is there some kind of unspoken "Rubicons and everyone else" type of ownership in this community? Just curious.
Jokes aside, for the most part, no. Be careful about mentioning what oil you run though to Jeepers. The Amsoil guys will pancake you worse than Poland in 1939 if youā€™re not running it. Itā€™s some super cringey stuff.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
In my vehicle, in my throne. In my home, in my castle. You're living life wrong if dwelling on superfluous mussing.

Sponsored

hybrid3.0

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JGC
There seems to be a number of threads that speak to the opposite shaming of Wrangler owners as 'mall cruisers' with color-coordinated fenders, bumpers and tops, stitched leather interiors and high-end technology. I am grateful that there is such a wide choice of trim levels and drivetrains at all price points so that we can enjoy our Jeeps in different ways. What other vehicle starts at $30k for a base vehicle with hand crank windows to an $85k 392-hemi street rocket; all having more off-road capability than most every other vehicle. If you wave or smile at another Jeep enthusiast and he/she does not respond in the like, that is more a poor reflection of them.

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
OP-
Wanting to feel good about oneself is a normal thing. People accomplish this in all kinds of ways -some positive and some maladaptive. The reality is it doesn't have to do with Jeep community behavior as much as it has to do with the folks globally who have associated others with their need to feel good about themselves. These people cannot see themselves positively unless it is some kind of comparison to someone else. It's sad and it's an incredible weight to carry, one they might not even know they're humpin' around.

Buy the Rubicon because you want lockers for your application, not because it will be a notch above "lesser" owners with open diffs.
Buy the motorcycle to ride it to amazing places and experience cagefree travel, not because you wanna be perceived as badass.
Buy the lakehouse because you are at peace there, not because people who live in the city have lesser taste, etc.

Honestly, it takes a lot for many people to get to that point. We do, to some extent, create conditions where some kids absorb this as truth in their formative years. You're part of a Jeep community, not a Rubicon community, and it's rad you're here.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Maybe, but every car forum I have been on has done it to some extent. The grand prix gt owners got shit from the GTP guys. The Trans Am WS6s made fun of the firebirds. Z06 guys pissed off the base corvettes. Plenty of threads here of Rubicons doing the same thing. Most of it is in good fun though....most of it.
This. Every automotive community has this. Literally all of them. However, Iā€™m not sure that any of them debate and cry and piss and moan and rationalize and justify more than the Jeep community. It seems like every few weeks a new ā€œRubicon vs xxxā€ thread appears and amazingly gets traction and many replies, rather than ignored. Like Iā€™m doing right now. But this is my last post in these superficial threads. Just know that if you post a thread about your feelings regarding what someone else thinks or feels about you or your Jeep, I think less of you as a man or woman for that than I ever would about what Jeep you have or the mods youā€™ve done to it or how you drive it.

Unless you have an angry grille. Then I think less of your Jeep than anyone elseā€™s, and it should die in a fire.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.