Sponsored

Do Heated Seats keep your top off longer?

Does having heated seats keep the top off your Jeep longer?

• Total voters

jsavvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
The title asks the main question. Does having heated seats keep your top of your Jeep longer?

I hear a lot of people say the heater in a Jeep works just fine so don’t worry about springing for the heated seats.

I imagine on a cool morning or evening they might be nice to keep the top off longer, especially for the wife. On the Jeep I’m pricing it’s about a 4% increase in cost, just curious if it’s worth it. What do you think?
Sponsored

KIZEMAN

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4xe High Altitude - '18 Range Rover Sport SVR
Love driving in cooler weather with the top off. Throw on a sweatshirt and turn on the seats and steering wheel and enjoy!

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
The heated seats were the only way I survived a drive with the top off in early spring, 60-65 degree morning weather.

Yzfguy

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand cherokee , wrangler JLU Willys
I just got mine with heated seats. Using auto start in the winter and getting into a jeep with warm seats and steering wheel is friggin amazing.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Texas winters are somewhat mild. I love the cold, so I keep my top and doors off in winter. I have driven with temp at 21 degrees with coat on. Steering wheel and seats hot works for me great.

But then my friends call me nuts and people stare like I am nuts. But open Jeep in the winter is great for me.

On the flip side Texas summers are brutal. Jeeps AC is very good so when temps hit 90 to 100 the top and doors go back on and AC blasting. Do not like sweat running down face.

Sponsored

YenBoon

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Not a fan of the heated seats...but the heated steering wheel on the other hand is a gamechanger

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I'm pretty confident the contract you apparently have to sign to be a Wrangler owner states:

"When driving doorless and topless, in temperatures ranging from -5 to 105°, driver shall feign the appearance of comfort."

Or at least that's the way it appears around here.

vetygud

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys 2 door Sarge, 2018 Silverado LTZ
Occupation
Retired LEO
The heated seats were the only way I survived a drive with the top off in early spring, 60-65 degree morning weather.
MN mornings with top off weather can be 48 to 55 and the heated seats are nice. Once you have them you always will get on all vehicles. Winters can have a high of -30F so they are great but we have the top on. lol!

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I went on a wheeling trip a little while back with no top, no doors, and 3 hours one way of highway driving at 70-75mph. It was 58/60 degrees for the drive and it was perfect. Heated seats on kept me plenty warm, didn't even need the heat on. Sweatshirt and jeans and heated seat was perfect combo 👌

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
I see you live at 'Home" which I hear can get pretty cold. Of course that depends who is controlling the thermostat.

I will run with half doors and no top till October or so. Heated seats and steering wheel make a difference when it is 40F out. That is about the point where I change back to full doors and top stays on till spring again. If I did not have heated seats, I'd likely just wear jacket like I used to in my JK.

Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I've got the heated seats and wheel. I live in south Texas so...it's all naturally heated 11 months out of the year...

There's nothing WRONG with the heated seats, but when you have "thick" clothes on the heated seats are pointless. Same with the steering wheel. Got on gloves? May as well turn it off. The heated stuff may make a bigger difference for those in much colder climates, for an extended period of time.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
MN mornings with top off weather can be 48 to 55 and the heated seats are nice. Once you have them you always will get on all vehicles. Winters can have a high of -30F so they are great but we have the top on. lol!
Hell yes at -30F Jeep buttoned up like can of sardines!!
Jeep Wrangler JL Do Heated Seats keep your top off longer? 1658956124639

REWJeep

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Altitude Unlimited
Of the three new cars that I've owned in my life, an '87 Volvo 245, an '04 Audi allroad, and now a '22 Sahara Altitude (which technically I do not yet own as I expect it to be delivered literally tomorrow as I write this), I have had "bun warmers" in all three. Even on the Gulf Coast of Texas, there is nothing quite like sitting on a warm seat with the windows open in what passes for winter weather here.

When the Audi's heater core failed one winter, the heated seats made things much more bearable until I could get it fixed ($1100 later as the entire dashboard had to come out). The Jeep will be my first experience with a heated steering wheel as Audi offered a heated steering wheel only in the '03 allroad, but I've been in St. Louis in January in the Audi and quickly put on gloves when I got into the car in the morning and grabbed the steering wheel.

My two cents is that I would never order a vehicle without heated seats.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Originally from Michigan and live in Texas now... while in Michigan, I ran with soft doors or no doors and the soft top from Easter until about Thanksgiving every year with my old Jeep without heated seats. It was COLD, but worth it for the random warm spells and sunny days we would get late fall.

Now I am in Texas and have a heated wheel and seats and I am not sure I could go back. I was in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan back in June and it dropped to about 40F at night and about the only thing that made it bearable (for my now thin blood) while running half doors and topless were the heated seats and wheel.

Definitely don't need either here in Dallas, but they are nice for any travel to colder regions. Also helps that my girlfriend is ALWAYS cold and she doesn't mind the half doors because of it.

If you're on the fence, you should pull the trigger. I have never regretted having them, but often wish I had them on my last Jeep.

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
In AZ. Cold isn't really a thing here. I got the cold weather group for when I hunt up north, which means I won't be having the top off at the same time. The top is OFF 10 months out of the year. The 2 months it's not.... July-August. Monsoon and 110 degrees.

So i answered "No," but it's not really a fair vote to cast lol.
Sponsored