Sponsored

Do factory (new) Mopar axle assemblies come with differential oil? [Yes, they do]

kurt rustle

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 2.0T
Vehicle Showcase
Picking up factory (new) M210 & M220's with e-lockers today to install. I know from other threads that -- other than a wider tie rod which I have -- this is a bolt-on conversion. What I can't find any info on is whether these already come with differential fluid in them.
Sponsored

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
Picking up factory (new) M210 & M220's with e-lockers today to install. I know from other threads that -- other than a wider tie rod which I have -- this is a bolt-on conversion. What I can't find any info on is whether these already come with differential fluid in them.
I doubt it. Whenever we replaced things like transmissions and/or rear diffs at Honda we always had to fill them properly after installing from the crates. After you get em bolted in, just pull the top plug anyway and poke your finger in there. You're gonna have to check regardless even if they said they were filled, just to be sure the level is right. I wouldn't trust something as important as my axles to a) being filled at the factory and b) being filled *correctly* at the factory, when checking them really quick is so easy.

Last edited:

CalPolyDM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Please post pics and insight on the swap… I’ve been contemplating the swap. Other than the $5k cost, curious about everything else needed and the time. Also curious what comes with the crate axles.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I’m assuming you know you’re gonna need to run some wiring for the lockers.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I will be very surprised any car part actual ship with fluids filled in the housing. That is like buying a Yeti tumbler and it comes pre-filled with coffee.

Sponsored

FJL40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr 6spd
I don’t believe (by law) logistic companies can ship fluid filled mechanical components. They must be sealed in OE containers. Someone correct me if im wrong.

OP
OP
kurt rustle

kurt rustle

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 2.0T
Vehicle Showcase
Just talked with someone who bought factory axles and to their surprise they had gear oil in them. I went ahead and got oil anyway. I’ll update the thread based on my findings tomorrow.

OP
OP
kurt rustle

kurt rustle

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 2.0T
Vehicle Showcase
Please post pics and insight on the swap… I’ve been contemplating the swap. Other than the $5k cost, curious about everything else needed and the time. Also curious what comes with the crate axles.
I’ll start a new thread including crate dimensions, weight, costs for everything, etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kurt rustle

kurt rustle

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 2.0T
Vehicle Showcase