Sponsored

Do black fenders color fade with time?

NCIC105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
another option is to put line-x on them. would look good IMO and hold up well to weather/off-roading.
I was thinking of doing this on my JLU.

Do you have any pics you can share. Also what did it cost to have them coated.
Sponsored

muskynut

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JLU SPORT-S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My 2015 fenders would fade, I used a product from "the chemical guys" really brought the black back.
On the 2018 JLUSs the fenders are different from the 2015. They are much, much easier to maintain. Now I use 303 on them. Does the trick.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Hi all.
I am tying to make up my mind wether to go with body color JL fenders or Black for my rubicon. ? Any pros or cons? Does the black fender color fade with time ?
I like the rugged look of the black fender, I just don’t want to have them fade from the sun down the road.
Any Feedback is appreciated.
Are you talking about the basic fenders or the black painted fenders?

The basic ones will fade over time, but how long that takes depends on how you wash them. If you use chemicals on them, they will fade faster. You should wash your Jeep with mild soap and water only.

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Are you talking about the basic fenders or the black painted fenders?

The basic ones will fade over time, but how long that takes depends on how you wash them. If you use chemicals on them, they will fade faster. You should wash your Jeep with mild soap and water only.
This thread is from January.

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
If you have the black fenders, a nice trick is to ask your Jeep custom shop if they have brand-new sets of them they removed from new Jeeps when modding them for their owners.

My shop is awesome, and replaced my fenders for just the labor cost -- like 3 hours I think ;)

Be nice to the people you do business with!
Were they damaged? Why'd you replace them?
I've never replaced fender flares on a JL or JK for that matter, but I did it on multiple TJ's full of rust and dirt and I'm sure it's easier than that and it still didn't take anywhere near three hours. Those things were a monster pain in the ass. Anyone who's done it can attest there's no escaping without shredded fingers.
Sponsored