Sponsored

Do "All Season Tires" count as snow tires?

OP
OP

frankmorris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Got my build sheet back and indeed I have the all terrain, which sounds like is a good thing for snow purposes. Good timing, as we got snow last night. (Bad timing in that the Jeep hasn't arrived yet!)

The K02 tires mentioned - are those only stock on the Rubicon, or will my JLU all terrain tires also be K02? I do see Bridgestone listed as the tire, but no model specification.
Sponsored

BlackSaharaJLU

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Sahara JLU (hers) '15 Silverado LT (mine)
Got my build sheet back and indeed I have the all terrain, which sounds like is a good thing for snow purposes. Good timing, as we got snow last night. (Bad timing in that the Jeep hasn't arrived yet!)

The K02 tires mentioned - are those only stock on the Rubicon, or will my JLU all terrain tires also be K02? I do see Bridgestone listed as the tire, but no model specification.
They will not be the K02's but rather the Bridgestone Dueler A/T RH-S's. They have a decent tread pattern and should be good for light to medium snow driving.

20181112_161904.jpg

Last edited:

EbyCreek

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
Occupation
ARMY (Retired)
Got it - thanks. Shouldn't have too much heavy duty snow to tackle, so hopefully will work out okay.
In the mountains of Colorado the must be stamped M/S for mud and snow

Sponsored

OP
OP

frankmorris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Also the Dueler A/T’s I’m showing are all season tires - are you sure those are the stock all terrains?

BlackSaharaJLU

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Sahara JLU (hers) '15 Silverado LT (mine)
Also the Dueler A/T’s I’m showing are all season tires - are you sure those are the stock all terrains?
Yup the picture was the all terrain tires that came on our 2018 Sahara. They are M/S rated so you are good there. Apparently, Bridgestone lists them as all seasons but they definitely have a more aggressive tread than the Dueler H/T's (below) that come on some Wranglers.

bs_dueler_ht_685_mobpdpcrop.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

frankmorris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Yup the picture was the all terrain tires that came on our 2018 Sahara. They are M/S rated so you are good there. Apparently, Bridgestone lists them as all seasons but they definitely have a more aggressive tread than the Dueler H/T's (below) that come on some Wranglers.

bs_dueler_ht_685_mobpdpcrop.jpg
Ah, thanks - that makes sense. Yes, got on Bridgestone's website and saw that, but that's good to hear they've at least got that M/S rating for legal purposes!
Sponsored