Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
I live in Maui so I don't need full time 4x4. But when ordering, or searching this forum, it's not clear if you now need to order 4:1 Rock-Trac Heavy-Duty Full-Time 4WD System to get the 4:1 xfer case. I need that.
I'll order it in Idaho and have it lifted/built by northridge4x4.com, then ship it over here.

See https://bt39.com for tire pressure/drop.
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
The latest Rubicons you can get with the 4:1 Rock Track they have had since 2018, or you can now get the Select Track automatic 4WD that the Saharas have had as an option in prior years.

Note the new 392 will also have the Select Track.

You may want to consider it for Maui on those slippery roads to Hana.

OP
OP
J0E

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
The latest Rubicons you can get with the 4:1 Rock Track they have had since 2018, or you can now get the Select Track automatic 4WD that the Saharas have had as an option
You may want to consider it for Maui on those slippery roads to Hana.
All I want is the 4:1 xfer case, can I get that without the Select Track automatic 4WD option?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
All I want is the 4:1 xfer case, can I get that without the Select Track automatic 4WD option?
Yes, order the Rubicon with the standard Rock Track it comes with. Don't select the Select Track option. You will get the 4:1 TC like prior year Rubi's have received.

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
From what I remember reading: the 4:1 is standard on the Rubicon- if you want the Selectrac (full time 4wd) you need to select it- unless you're getting the 392. Then it's standard. If you're getting the 392, not having the 4:1 probably won't matter much anyway because you've going to have more hp/tq from the larger engine and the Torque management system.

OP
OP
J0E

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
If you're getting the 392, not having the 4:1 probably won't matter much anyway because you've going to have more hp/tq from the larger engine and the Torque management system.
Even with a 392, you want 4:1 for rock crawling.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Even with a 392, you want 4:1 for rock crawling.
while I agree in principle, that is not an option with the 392 as it would likely destroy the drive train due to the increased hp/tq. The full time 4wd will help manage and split the 470hp/ 470 ft.lbs of torque from the big Hemi.

Believe me, I'm on my 3rd Jeep, 2nd Rubi. I have done a decent amount of off roading (mostly rock crawling). I prefer difficult, technical trails where a good crawl ratio is necessary. I want that 4:1. However, in researching the 392 I've come across several discussions and reveiws in which owners of Hemi swapped Jeeps (JKU's mostly) have given their first hand experience. The summary is Due to the increased amount of torque from the bigger engine, even if you put 37's on it, the difference in low range crawling between the 392 w/ Selectrac (2.72:1 low range) and the other engines with the Rock-Trac (4:1) will be minimal due to the larger engine with more power/ torque, and the Torque management system (or whatever they're calling it) that makes 75% of that power available at or slightly above idle. And again, having several first hand accounts as well as talking directly via DM with the owner of a Hemi Swapped JKU, if gives me a bit more "hands on" experience with a completely difference set up than anything I've ever used.

Is this gospel? No.
Is it relevant? Only if you're planning on buying a 392.
All the other Rubi configs get that 241 Rock-Trac case standard.
Sponsored