Sponsored

Do all newer wranglers come with backup lines when parking?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
One of these days guy, we'll off-road together, and then you'll see...

sherlock-holmes-psychopath.gif
I’m certain that your schtick is much funnier in person, but that’s a hard pass for me. I take safety way too seriously for that. Occupational hazard I guess. But you have fun out there! :like:
Sponsored

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
for the OP...my 2024 2dr willys does NOT have any "lines" when in reverse...just have the camera display ...no lines that move with the steering wheel when in reverse...only ordered the Alpine sound system and hard top as "options".
Yea that's the awesomeness about the Willys you can get just the Alpine, not the rest of the tech junk bundle required in the Sahara or Rubicon, the Willys is a perfect trim for me vs other trims, however the Willys does not have the SOT as an option in Canada.

I think you are supposed to get the guide lines regardless of your options.

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
I’m certain that your schtick is much funnier in person, but that’s a hard pass for me. I take safety way too seriously for that. Occupational hazard I guess. But you have fun out there! :like:
Jeep Wrangler JL Do all newer wranglers come with backup lines when parking? Screenshot_20231025-171552-609
Jeep Wrangler JL Do all newer wranglers come with backup lines when parking? Screenshot_20231025-171638-367

Is the $4,400,000,000 it costs every year to put backup cameras on new vehicles worth it to potentially save 105 children's lives every year?

Maybe, depends who you ask, I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Will it save all 105 children's lives?

Hell no, let's not lie to ourselves here!

I guarantee you I'm not the popular vote here, everybody seems to love children, and I'm over here looking at numbers that just don't seem to add up.

Jeep Wrangler JL Do all newer wranglers come with backup lines when parking? Screenshot_20231025-180441-187
Jeep Wrangler JL Do all newer wranglers come with backup lines when parking? Screenshot_20231025-180521-063

I just want to know, when are we going to make it mandatory for all vehicles to have automated deer sensors to stop these murderous deers from killing innocent drivers?

Jokes aside, I feel like a bump sensor and backup sensors on the rear of a vehicle which causes it to automatically apply the brakes would be a whole lot more effective then giving someone a camera who's already distracted by the massive amount of electronics in their vehicle.

While I'm all for championing a cause, backup cameras are definitely the wrong way to go about this. If you're trying to idiot proof the vehicle, you need to take the power away from the driver, not give them another screen to look at.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
I drove Wranglers for decades without a camera, the 2 doors were easy the 4 doors were ok, one reason I use the cameras for us to back up as close as I can to block my $14k bicycle so the homeless cannot easily steal it, also I always leave the Wrangler open so I back up close to walls etc to prevent people from opening the rear door.

I bet it also saves people a lot of money avoiding them backing into other vehicles, especially in cramped cities.

CreepyCrepe

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge Green JLUWS, 20 Honda Pilot Elite
Clubs

for the OP...my 2024 2dr willys does NOT have any "lines" when in reverse...just have the camera display ...no lines that move with the steering wheel when in reverse...only ordered the Alpine sound system and hard top as "options".
Have you turned them on? Even my 23 Willys Sport has them with the 7" screen

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
This is simply ignorant and wrong headed. They save damage to vehicles and objects everyday, and they save the lives of toddlers and young children frequently. If they saved just one kid’s life it’d be with it, but they save a lot more than one. NOBODY can see what’s directly behind them on the ground in ANY vehicle, much less a bulky SUV or truck that’s lifted. Not even you. Don’t believe it? Set a 2 ft. tall object directly behind your bumper. Now move it back a few feet at a time until you can see it in any mirror.

Jeep Wrangler JL Do all newer wranglers come with backup lines when parking? Screenshot_20231025-180521-063

Please don’t be “that guy” when lives are at stake.
I drive a Rubicon with lockers so small obstacles don't stand in my way!

Relax, I'm probably kidding. No I'm kidding. Probably. Most likely. Almost certainly. Probably.

Melchior

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota GR Supra
Isn’t there an option to turn-on or turn-off the guides? I know the thread is from 2022, but just in case. …😅

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

I disabled my brakes and use an anchor now, no more wasted $$$$ on brake jobs and got rid of the damn steering wheel, use vice grips that are much better and no crazy airbag to blow up in my face. 👍

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Isn’t there an option to turn-on or turn-off the guides? I know the thread is from 2022, but just in case. …😅
You are absolutely correct! Doesn't anyone go into their settings and check them out? You can turn them on, off, have them move with the steering wheel or stay stationary. Mine is a 2018 JLUR. Same as the 2020 JTR Gladiator.

deznut6

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 2dr Willys, '06 Frontier
Occupation
Retired
O.... I ....C , said the blind man.....Yes, they are there (guide lines) ...juts gotta turn them on....Car in "Run" mode, Screen in Vehicle selection, control, setting, rear camera, guide lines on or off...Thanks, guys...wifey is a happy camper now.

Sponsored

tomk62

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Sahara Anvil, 2019 Cherokee
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

This very quickly has become my all-time favorite thread. Thanks for resurrecting it, and thank you all for playing along!

NWJeepr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR
That's some old-school forum shenanigans. Necro'ing an old thread and trolling. Nice. lol
Sponsored