Sponsored

Do all 4xes qualify for $7500 tax credit?

Arasto1

First Name
Abhinav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler unlimited JL sports S
Do all 4xes qualify for $7500 tax credit or just the Sahara 4xe?

On Jeeps website only Sahara 4xe shows eligible for $7500 tax credit.
Sponsored

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
Do all 4xes qualify for $7500 tax credit or just the Sahara 4xe?

On Jeeps website only Sahara 4xe shows eligible for $7500 tax credit.
Under the current legislation yes. In the new package that may be passed, watch this space!

The pending House bill getting all the attention has its own thread but most would qualify under it and the current Senate bill. Assuming some version of the House bill passes, reconciliation may yield things bad for the Jeeps, the most likely being price caps and KWh limitations.

The important thing to note is that the new bills would go into effect on Jan 1 so they'd affect all the 2022 sales. My vehicle won't be ready until 2022 (unless a miracle happens) and I tried to get my dealer to "sell" me the car early. No go on that idea.

OP
OP
Arasto1

Arasto1

First Name
Abhinav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler unlimited JL sports S
My Rubicon 4xe is suppose to arrive at the dealership next week. So, I Should be good.

Jeep's website confused me. According to their website only Sahara 4xe qualifies for $7500 tax credit.

jamesq

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4xe, '19 Model X, Sienna, Prius PHEV
Under the current legislation yes. In the new package that may be passed, watch this space!

The pending House bill getting all the attention has its own thread but most would qualify under it and the current Senate bill. Assuming some version of the House bill passes, reconciliation may yield things bad for the Jeeps, the most likely being price caps and KWh limitations.

The important thing to note is that the new bills would go into effect on Jan 1 so they'd affect all the 2022 sales. My vehicle won't be ready until 2022 (unless a miracle happens) and I tried to get my dealer to "sell" me the car early. No go on that idea.
And why do you want it early, if the new bill would potentially have more POS rebate for your car?

Sponsored

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
And why do you want it early, if the new bill would potentially have more POS rebate for your car?
“potentially”

cuts both ways. I prefer the $7500 bird in the hand to the (current) $8,000 bird in the bush. Given all the wrangling still to go, a betting man would bet that $8,000 ain’t going up.

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
The available tax credit is determined by the battery size so all 4xe Wrangler PHEVs qualify. As for the amount.....it varies. Up to $7500 but could be less depending on the owners tax liability for that given year.
Sponsored