Sponsored

DMV - Where to install Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform?

jakeirish

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fpvluts.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Occupation
Software / Videographer / Video Editor
Does anyone know where I can get a Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform installed on my 2020 JLU?
Jeep Wrangler JL DMV - Where to install Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform? Jeep-JL-RJLB1-RCL6-42108B-06
Sponsored

OP
OP
jakeirish

jakeirish

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fpvluts.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Occupation
Hey Jacob, are you far from DE?
There is a place here in Newark called Audio Works that does alot of Jeep installs (lifts, gears, etc...).
I'm sure they could do this.
Hey Mike! I live on the Eastern Shore about 10 minutes from DE. I will definitely give them a call on Monday.
I'm mainly trying to find someone with experience drilling holes into the hard top to install this rack. Hopefully they can do it!

Sponsored

Mud Wasp

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hella Yella 2019 JLU, Copperhead Pearl 2014 JK
Occupation
Transportation
Vehicle Showcase
Are you going with the Pioneer platform or heavy duty bars? I have the Platform and there are some draw backs.
1. it interferes with the satellite radio antenna you will need to relocate it with the Maximus 3 bracket

2. it adds a lot of weight to your top making it hard to remove if you every plan to.

In hindsight I would have preferred HD bars. Yet I am really impressed with the Backbone 3 internal frame.
Jeep Wrangler JL DMV - Where to install Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform? 20200222_100850

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Tried that but no results. I think these sort of installs are more common out West.
Bummer. Yeah, I had a bunch of options within 25 miles. Sorry to hear, and good luck!

Maybe a place that sells Yakima or Thule racks would be willing to do the install? My Backbone is the first modification I didn't do myself because I didn't want to drill through my hardtop. The directions are very straightforward and there's really good templates, but I didn't trust myself to do the drilling.

OP
OP
jakeirish

jakeirish

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fpvluts.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Occupation
Are you going with the Pioneer platform or heavy duty bars? I have the Platform and there are some draw backs.
1. it interferes with the satellite radio antenna you will need to relocate it with the Maximus 3 bracket

2. it adds a lot of weight to your top making it hard to remove if you every plan to.

In hindsight I would have preferred HD bars. Yet I am really impressed with the Backbone 3 internal frame.
Jeep Wrangler JL DMV - Where to install Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform? 20200222_100850
I'm looking to get your set up, the low profile pioneer platform. That's very interesting about the satellite radio antenna interference - thanks for mentioning that. I really love how the rhino rack doesn't have support that cages around the body, that's the only thing. I think it's more of a look-thing. Would you say it's very hard to take the hard top off with the rack attached? Could two people do it, or would it be difficult?

Sponsored

OP
OP
jakeirish

jakeirish

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fpvluts.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Occupation
Bummer. Yeah, I had a bunch of options within 25 miles. Sorry to hear, and good luck!

Maybe a place that sells Yakima or Thule racks would be willing to do the install? My Backbone is the first modification I didn't do myself because I didn't want to drill through my hardtop. The directions are very straightforward and there's really good templates, but I didn't trust myself to do the drilling.
I'm moving from the east coast to southern california in february and driving across. I wonder where I could stop to get one installed. I'm definitely willing to stop somewhere with experience!

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'm moving from the east coast to southern california in february and driving across. I wonder where I could stop to get one installed. I'm definitely willing to stop somewhere with experience!
If you wait until you’re in SoCal, I highly recommend https://www.rhinoadventuregear.com/ — their Bay Area location installed mine.

Mud Wasp

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hella Yella 2019 JLU, Copperhead Pearl 2014 JK
Occupation
Transportation
Vehicle Showcase
The shop I used in Phoenix is very good Doetsch off-road.

OP
OP
jakeirish

jakeirish

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fpvluts.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Occupation
Thanks guys ^^^ If I don't find something around the DMV in the next month, I'll make a stop at one of those shops.

If anyone still has east-coast recommendations, please chime in below !

raz-rubicon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon
If you want to drive up to PA.
MAIN LINE OVERLAND - WEST CHESTER
325 WESTTOWN ROAD #16
WEST CHESTER, PA 19382

I have one on order, I'll venture to do the install myself.
Sponsored