Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Sport S
Occupation
3D Artist
Its a good idea. I was thinking of doing this very thing too my freedome panels. I seem to get a lot of wind noise from that.

WestTex42

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
Good video. Thank you for posting. Iā€™m going to try this next week. Wind noise in my JLUR is not bad, just looking to dampen it a little more.

Endless Summer

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 AMG E63S
Thanks for the video, Greg. After 10 days - any better results? I've heard of a few people that did this that said it was a reasonably substantial difference in freeway noise. Can you link to what you used and let us know if it's holding up after a few weeks? Wondering if that piece near the back of the door as part of the main hoop will be under a lot of wind pressure with the freedom tops off. Appreciate the video - can you link to what you bought?

OP
OP
Sector281411

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Gladiator Willy's Edition
Thanks for the video, Greg. After 10 days - any better results? I've heard of a few people that did this that said it was a reasonably substantial difference in freeway noise. Can you link to what you used and let us know if it's holding up after a few weeks? Wondering if that piece near the back of the door as part of the main hoop will be under a lot of wind pressure with the freedom tops off. Appreciate the video - can you link to what you bought?
I can tell the interior is much more quiet. I am happy with the results. As for when the freedom panels are off that is a good question. I will test it out. If you look in the description of the video there is link to product. It has been discussed in other threads here.

Sponsored

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
I can tell the interior is much more quiet. I am happy with the results. As for when the freedom panels are off that is a good question. I will test it out. If you look in the description of the video there is link to product. It has been discussed in other threads here.
Just wanted to say thanks it was a good video, well done ! howā€™s everything holding up wanted to see what you thought after a month thanks very much

OP
OP
Sector281411

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Gladiator Willy's Edition
Just wanted to say thanks it was a good video, well done ! howā€™s everything holding up wanted to see what you thought after a month thanks very much
Iā€™m quite happy. No issues at all and we have had some major storms and no leaks. I love how solid the doors sound now.

gregssstaaa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just chiming in, I watched your YouTube video and did this to my JL. Noticed a -1 to -2 dB difference. Not much, but noticeable. Thinking of adding extra weather-stripping around the freedom panels too.

Sponsored

lopab23

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willy's
Can you post a link in this thread to the weatherstripping you used?šŸ˜

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
Great idea and video. Thanks for sharing. I'll do it next weekend!

Trojan_Actual

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Occupation
Retired Military
So I just bought the seal on Amazon and Iā€™m going to give it a shot. It looks like a tiny seal though. It works enough and a thicker seal isnā€™t needed?
Sponsored