Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Is there really a 9/16-24 thread, and if so where did you get the tap? I'm only familiar with standard coarse (12) and fine (18)
Yes, that's the correct tap 9/16-24. Like I mentioned in my post, the main drawback to this mod is the tap cost me 40 bucks with tax and shipping!

https://www.mcmaster.com/2595A851
Sponsored

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 2.0t, 22 Volvo XC60 T8 ER, 06 Audi A3
I already had the Synergy tie rod and SS relocation kit with the stock stabilizer. I wanted an adjustable SS as the stock SS was not up to the task of controlling my heavy tire and wheel combo (107#'s). I took a chance with the Falcon and wanted to see if I could adapt it to the Synergy tie rod clamp. I drilled out the Synergy clamp and tapped it for the 9/16-24 thread on the Nexus stabilizer. Worked pretty slick. Only big hiccup was the tap cost $40! Ugh

ENZt6g-LG3dGvQ5zxFxyqIzG1I=w770-h578-no?authuser=0.jpg

oKJCCtcg66oCZ7JB3AUTHi8kXN=w770-h578-no?authuser=0.jpg

XSCrb45kZjs286qimDPJzeO0K_=w770-h578-no?authuser=0.jpg

I4p88v3mMsxbaEbQ32yyEbvTV_=w770-h578-no?authuser=0.jpg

JcFOJRf8BgFkli3tX4lGb3Hder=w770-h578-no?authuser=0.jpg
I have wandered into this issue... currently running the JL version of the Falcon stabilizer, Purchased the synergy tie rod with the drag link, LCAs etc... found out today the JL stabilizer is not compatible with the tie rod...

Which version of the stabilizer did you start with? Seems possible to do this with the JL version as it seems to have the same mounting screw pictured here.

Did you add the pictured washers as spacers? Any further guidance would be awesome

This is the best of both worlds...as I've held off on installing the tie rod to sort out the best option

OP
OP
Arrowhead

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Update - This mod isn't working out so well. For some reason I can't keep the stabilizer from loosening up from the bracket even with red locktite. My next attempt will be to weld the stud onto the Synergy bracket from the inside. It's not like it's going to void the warranty or anything that ship has sailed. I think a better solution might have been to keep the original steel bracket and modify to clamp to the Synergy tie rod or bolt onto the Synergy clamp. Sorry if this has caused anyone any grief.

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update - This mod isn't working out so well. For some reason I can't keep the stabilizer from loosening up from the bracket even with red locktite. My next attempt will be to weld the stud onto the Synergy bracket from the inside. It's not like it's going to void the warranty or anything that ship has sailed. I think a better solution might have been to keep the original steel bracket and modify to clamp to the Synergy tie rod or bolt onto the Synergy clamp. Sorry if this has caused anyone any grief.
How can you tell it’s loosening ?

I followed you down this path but have been running it for less then 200 miles

OP
OP
Arrowhead

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
How can you tell it’s loosening ?
Because it falls off lol

I will say I think I neglected to use red the first time and it worked it's way out. That may have compromised the threads on the stud and even drilling and tapping a new hole may not have been enough grip if the threads on the stud were compromised. If you used the red from the get go you should be fine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Arrowhead

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I will say, even with a the hiccups I'm very happy with the out come. I do like the quick adjust feature (vs the Fox that requires a screwdriver) and the fact that it's up out of the way. Have done quite a bit of wheeling with this setup and it would have gotten destroyed if left in the original mounting position.

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because it falls off lol

I will say I think I neglected to use red the first time and it worked it's way out. That may have compromised the threads on the stud and even drilling and tapping a new hole may not have been enough grip if the threads on the stud were compromised. If you used the red from the get go you should be fine.
I will say, even with a the hiccups I'm very happy with the out come. I do like the quick adjust feature (vs the Fox that requires a screwdriver) and the fact that it's up out of the way. Have done quite a bit of wheeling with this setup and it would have gotten destroyed if left in the original mounting position.
I thankfully did use red locktite, I’m about to go on a pretty long road trip though. Everything seems solid! Not really doing any crazy wheeling on this one. Hopefully it all holds up. Guess I’ll take the correct Allen to get this thing off if I need to run without it... wish me luck

OP
OP
Arrowhead

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure you'll be fine. I had to remove it this weekend and drove home over 250 miles with no issues. It just has a little more wiggle when hitting bridge expansion joints or rough patches on the highway. I think that says a lot for having a full Synergy steering setup.

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure you'll be fine. I had to remove it this weekend and drove home over 250 miles with no issues. It just has a little more wiggle when hitting bridge expansion joints or rough patches on the highway. I think that says a lot for having a full Synergy steering setup.
I test drove it a bit without the stabilizer while I was figuring out the tap and washers... seemed fine. That said I’d much prefer the stabilizer in place.

my mount seems so damn solid kinda seems it would take some crazy flex for it to even budge. I’ll keep an eye on it. Maybe get another set up on stand by.

Did you notice the stabilizer making contact with the other components?

OP
OP
Arrowhead

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I test drove it a bit without the stabilizer while I was figuring out the tap and washers... seemed fine. That said I’d much prefer the stabilizer in place.

my mount seems so damn solid kinda seems it would take some crazy flex for it to even budge. I’ll keep an eye on it. Maybe get another set up on stand by.

Did you notice the stabilizer making contact with the other components?

No, there were no interference issues. Just the constant back and both movement of the tie rod was just enough to back the stud out. Like I said, I think it was my failed first attempt that messed it up. If it had been locked down properly from the get go I don't think there would have been a problem.

Sponsored

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, there were no interference issues. Just the constant back and both movement of the tie rod was just enough to back the stud out. Like I said, I think it was my failed first attempt that messed it up. If it had been locked down properly from the get go I don't think there would have been a problem.
Cool I’ll keep an eye on it and report back if I run into the same issue

Bekser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR Sarge Green 6MT
I have wondered that but have my concerns. I reached out to Falcon and they essentially told me they can't help and to get the precise JL version.

I've already rotated the clamp beyond being directly over top, see the yellow line below.

I am also worried it would put additional tress on the angles in orange.

1590071055514.png

I am thinking one of these Metalcloak adapters will reduce the strain at the axle side and might even locate the stabilizer away from the track bar and closer to the tie rod.

1590071182765.png

Did this bracket end up working?

Bekser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR Sarge Green 6MT
Yes. I added the Metal Cloak bracket and have been running it for a good long while now.
Awesome thanks! I have the same exact problem as you with the nexus 2.2 and the RK track bar.
with the MC bracket, did you need to angle the tie rod bracket even more to not hit the track bar or does the steering stabilizer sit perfectly without touching the track bar and drag link?
Sponsored