Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Important - read my update to this thread: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-ef-2-2-to-synergy-tie-rod.51155/post-1232452

I already had the Synergy tie rod and SS relocation kit with the stock stabilizer. I wanted an adjustable SS as the stock SS was not up to the task of controlling my heavy tire and wheel combo (107#'s). I took a chance with the Falcon and wanted to see if I could adapt it to the Synergy tie rod clamp. I drilled out the Synergy clamp and tapped it for the 9/16-24 thread on the Nexus stabilizer. Worked pretty slick. Only big hiccup was the tap cost $40! Ugh

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY solution to mating a Falcon Nexus EF 2.2  to Synergy tie rod ENZt6g-LG3dGvQ5zxFxyqIzG1I=w770-h578-no?authuser=0

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY solution to mating a Falcon Nexus EF 2.2  to Synergy tie rod oKJCCtcg66oCZ7JB3AUTHi8kXN=w770-h578-no?authuser=0

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY solution to mating a Falcon Nexus EF 2.2  to Synergy tie rod XSCrb45kZjs286qimDPJzeO0K_=w770-h578-no?authuser=0

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY solution to mating a Falcon Nexus EF 2.2  to Synergy tie rod I4p88v3mMsxbaEbQ32yyEbvTV_=w770-h578-no?authuser=0

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY solution to mating a Falcon Nexus EF 2.2  to Synergy tie rod JcFOJRf8BgFkli3tX4lGb3Hder=w770-h578-no?authuser=0
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Arrowhead

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Nice job! Alternately, I believe the JK version will bolt right up if you have a relocation bracket already.
I did look into that and unless I missed something, the JK version is for a 1-5/8" tie rod where as the Synergy TR I have is 1-1/2" so the JK version wouldn't work either.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JT
I did look into that and unless I missed something, the JK version is for a 1-5/8" tie rod where as the Synergy TR I have is 1-1/2" so the JK version wouldn't work either.
Yeah, there are 1-5/8 and 1-3/8 options, so you would have to rig something.

laraza2k1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4X4 2019 2 Door
Renegade, was yours originally the Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 stabilizer with the JL mounting bracket like this?

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY solution to mating a Falcon Nexus EF 2.2  to Synergy tie rod falcon_nexus

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JT
Renegade, was yours originally the Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 stabilizer with the JL mounting bracket like this?

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY solution to mating a Falcon Nexus EF 2.2  to Synergy tie rod falcon_nexus
No, I’m actually using a Metalcloak that I got for cheap. I had wanted to do the Fox TS or the Falcon, so researched them quite a bit.

Pierrem

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Arrowhead love the thread. I am going to do the same set up. Do you have or have had any issues with the set up or clearance. At full turn it’s doesn’t touch anything? Also a suggestions ? For my install. Going to have a local shop do the work for me

Moregone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I already had the Synergy tie rod and SS relocation kit with the stock stabilizer. I wanted an adjustable SS as the stock SS was not up to the task of controlling my heavy tire and wheel combo (107#'s). I took a chance with the Falcon and wanted to see if I could adapt it to the Synergy tie rod clamp. I drilled out the Synergy clamp and tapped it for the 9/16-24 thread on the Nexus stabilizer. Worked pretty slick. Only big hiccup was the tap cost $40! Ugh

Are you getting any rubbing or contact with the Track Bar?

I recently installed a Nexus 2.2 with the 1-5/8 clamp onto the factory Tie Rod and am getting contact with my Rock Krawler Track Bar.
Jeep Wrangler JL DIY solution to mating a Falcon Nexus EF 2.2  to Synergy tie rod 1589899561539

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY solution to mating a Falcon Nexus EF 2.2  to Synergy tie rod 1589899581100

Pierrem

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Wow. Yeah this is why i am doing all Synergy. Did you fix the problem or Che age the track bar. You can buy the red handle from teraflex. It’s 25.00. Mine scrapes with my ARB diff cover. Why i am doing the relocation

Moregone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Wow. Yeah this is why i am doing all Synergy. Did you fix the problem or Che age the track bar. You can buy the red handle from teraflex. It’s 25.00. Mine scrapes with my ARB diff cover. Why i am doing the relocation
This is a new problem for me. Still trying to sort it out. I would sooner put the stock stabilizer that is all bashed up before changing track bars.

it does not seem to be the turning knob that is contacting the bar, it seems to be the shock body. This pic is from below and behind the track bar showing where the contact is

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY solution to mating a Falcon Nexus EF 2.2  to Synergy tie rod 1589900931551

Sponsored

Pierrem

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Wow that sucks. But you will lose that feeling if you go back to the stock.

OP
OP
Arrowhead

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Can't you just loosen the clamp and rotate the stabilizer a bit for more clearance?

Moregone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Can't you just loosen the clamp and rotate the stabilizer a bit for more clearance?
I have wondered that but have my concerns. I reached out to Falcon and they essentially told me they can't help and to get the precise JL version.

I've already rotated the clamp beyond being directly over top, see the yellow line below.

I am also worried it would put additional tress on the angles in orange.

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY solution to mating a Falcon Nexus EF 2.2  to Synergy tie rod 1590071055514

I am thinking one of these Metalcloak adapters will reduce the strain at the axle side and might even locate the stabilizer away from the track bar and closer to the tie rod.

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY solution to mating a Falcon Nexus EF 2.2  to Synergy tie rod 1590071182765

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have wondered that but have my concerns. I reached out to Falcon and they essentially told me they can't help and to get the precise JL version.

I've already rotated the clamp beyond being directly over top, see the yellow line below.

I am also worried it would put additional tress on the angles in orange.

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY solution to mating a Falcon Nexus EF 2.2  to Synergy tie rod 1590071182765

I am thinking one of these Metalcloak adapters will reduce the strain at the axle side and might even locate the stabilizer away from the track bar and closer to the tie rod.

I would agree with you. I run that and am good on clearance.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Is there really a 9/16-24 thread, and if so where did you get the tap? I'm only familiar with standard coarse (12) and fine (18)
Sponsored