Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I was tired of having Tupperware containers and things randomly strapped down in the back of my 2dr. I also wanted to upgrade to a refrigerator. Looked at diy youtube video and priced out components on amazon and was not thrilled. Then a thought occurred to me I had an under used filing cabinet sitting around. I harvested the drawers and slides and built a cabinet to house them. The cabinet bolts on with just two bolts. I fabricated a heavy clips that hook under the metal rear seat loops. I just slide the cabinet in until the hooks engage and then two bolts in the back screw into the holes left over from the hold down rings. If needed I can pull the drawers and slides and remove the cabinet in a matter of minutes. I modified the slides on the refrigerator drawer so it would slide out a bit further. I wanted to be able to open the refrig without opening the rear window. The cabinet serves double duty. I fabricated a hanger system for the side and rear windows and the angled face of the cabinet helps support the windows flat. Very pleased with the results, it's been out on a couple of off road runs and camping too.

Total cost was around $550. $350 for the refrigerator off Amazon (love it, no issues to date and it's been used a bunch already) Two sheets of plywood and some really cheap carpet was about $170.

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY refig & slide storage w/ bonus soft top window storage for 2Dr 20210412_134802

Heavy clips to secure to the rear seat loops
Jeep Wrangler JL DIY refig & slide storage w/ bonus soft top window storage for 2Dr 20210415_143034

I used steel brake line tubing to hang the side windows. The rear window uses a piece of 1/2" electrical conduit I cut a slit in as the rear window uses a male type slide rather than female like the side curtains.
Jeep Wrangler JL DIY refig & slide storage w/ bonus soft top window storage for 2Dr 20210420_075649

I fabricted hangers for the tubing to rest on. The slots are deep enough to catpute the ends of the tubing and I use little bungie cords to hold them down tight and prevent rattling.
Jeep Wrangler JL DIY refig & slide storage w/ bonus soft top window storage for 2Dr 20210420_075652

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY refig & slide storage w/ bonus soft top window storage for 2Dr 20210504_142339

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY refig & slide storage w/ bonus soft top window storage for 2Dr 20210504_142354

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY refig & slide storage w/ bonus soft top window storage for 2Dr 20210504_142412

I cut a hole in the bottom of the cabinet so I can still access the storage well.
Jeep Wrangler JL DIY refig & slide storage w/ bonus soft top window storage for 2Dr 20210504_142429

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY refig & slide storage w/ bonus soft top window storage for 2Dr 20210504_142445

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY refig & slide storage w/ bonus soft top window storage for 2Dr 20210504_142516
Sponsored

4x4tographer

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Clubs

Nice setup man! Do you know how tall your fridge is? I'm trying to do the same thing with a a 17.3" tall fridge and a soft top.