DIY Hardtop and Door Holders

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
What is this? Did you Buy it somewhere or make it Yourself?
I saw one of those on the internet I don't know if that's it or if you made one yourself somebody probably could make one of them self but the balance would have to be just right it look like a car engine motor stand to me.push it out around if it was to move if you have to move it around until fall over it only takes one little dude I don't know why people just don't buy those wall hangers unless you don't have room in the wall I didn't have room I made room I move stuff around in my garage I mean if you don't have a ride so I understand. But I always make sure I get room to mount my doors on the walls in my two car garage.my doors are not going to get dinged up for myself much less how pissed off we get if somebody doesn't at the store I would be pissed if I get it myself I'd be really really pissed. Plus it wasn't very cheap the one I looked at those ARC wall mount is the way to go

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
If you have room in your garage this is the way to go. You don't have to worry about them being moved around or getting banged up and you can put stuff back in front of them once you get them on the wall

Screenshot_20200605-152738_Gallery.jpg

20200605_152312.jpg

broox

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broox.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4, 2020 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I wound up combining the Arc Off Road Hangers with a DIY furniture dolly door cart.

The Arc hangers are totally overkill, but I bought em before deciding that I'd rather have my doors on a cart in my storage unit than on the wall in my garage...

The weight of the door is resting on the furniture dolly. The Arc hangers are simply there to keep the door in place. This keeps the cart from being too top heavy.

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY Hardtop and Door Holders IMG_8703
Jeep Wrangler JL DIY Hardtop and Door Holders IMG_8704
Jeep Wrangler JL DIY Hardtop and Door Holders IMG_8705

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I wound up combining the Arc Off Road Hangers with a DIY furniture dolly door cart.

The Arc hangers are totally overkill, but I bought em before deciding that I'd rather have my doors on a cart in my storage unit than on the wall in my garage...

The weight of the door is resting on the furniture dolly. The Arc hangers are simply there to keep the door in place. This keeps the cart from being too top heavy.

IMG_8703.jpg
IMG_8704.jpg
IMG_8705.jpg
The cart is a good idea and looks good. One of the best features about the ARC door hangers is it goes inside that groove of the window compared to a wheelbarrow or other kind of hook that can put pressure on the door rubber seal. I saw somebody that had a wheelbarrow hanger all summer but the door on there and it put it in dension on the rubber seal around the door that's why these are nice because it goes up inside and doesn't put pressure on the rubber seal. You put an indention or damage that rubber seal you can have water leaking in when your windows up as cheap as they are why not use them I don't see my wheelbarrow hangers to save a few dollars and twenty bucks is worth the risk of damageing the rubber window seal. I don't think 20 bucks maybe 40 bucks it's going to break anyone that owns a $40,000 to $60,000 Jeep. But for people that don't have room in the wall that was a great idea or that doesn't want to put them on the walls I like what you did better than putting them on a PVC cart

Sponsored

Robnfl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0 Diesel - Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired USN
For the door holder, what are the dimensions of the furniture cart that is being used?
Harbor Freight has one thats 18"x12" on sale for $7.99. Will that work?

Robnfl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0 Diesel - Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired USN
I used the 18”x30” furniture dolly for my door cart. I would think that anything smaller would be too tippy.
Ok, thx. I thought that 18"x12" would be too small.

TTFN

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
What is this? Did you Buy it somewhere or make it Yourself?
The Engine stand is from Harbor freight and the door mounting is 1 -1/2 X 1-1/2 Angle steel from any hardware store and a can of black spray paint. Total Cost $75. The 750# engine stand is sturdy enough for the 4 doors. Simple and works well without taking all the wall space.

TTFN

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I saw one of those on the internet I don't know if that's it or if you made one yourself somebody probably could make one of them self but the balance would have to be just right it look like a car engine motor stand to me.push it out around if it was to move if you have to move it around until fall over it only takes one little dude I don't know why people just don't buy those wall hangers unless you don't have room in the wall I didn't have room I made room I move stuff around in my garage I mean if you don't have a ride so I understand. But I always make sure I get room to mount my doors on the walls in my two car garage.my doors are not going to get dinged up for myself much less how pissed off we get if somebody doesn't at the store I would be pissed if I get it myself I'd be really really pissed. Plus it wasn't very cheap the one I looked at those ARC wall mount is the way to go
The engine stand is very stable. That was my original concern, but when the doors are mounted you would have to lift it to have it tip over. I was very impressed how well the small stand worked. My original thoughts were I would be returning the small engine stand, but it works so well I am keeping the 750# model. It works great.

Sponsored

aw2657

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK and JT no JL yet!
Just curious if anyone has tried laying their hardtop on top on a PVC door cart they made? I have a PVC padded door cart I made for my 2 door JK but now I have a Gladiator with 4 doors so I hang the doors on the garage wall with ARC door hangers. I'm thinking of re purposing my 2 door cart and just setting my Gladiator top on it since it's smaller than the JLU top. Haven't tried it yet because I'm a little concerned about it changing the shape of the top if I leave it sitting on the cart for any length of time.

Elk666

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4XE
looks great
can someone post a pic with all doors loaded in the rack
thanks!✌

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
2 miter saws, 2 table saws, a tile saw, drill press, routing table, 20 power tools, hand tool cabinet, shop vac, sheet rock lift, 3 ladders, work bench, chain saws, lumber, car maintenance items, home maintenance items, yard maintenance items, snow removal items, golf clubs, boogie boards-beach carts-beach chairs-coolers: one car garage.
That there are people who can fit a Wrangler in the garage, let alone a roof lift, still boggles the old melon. The concept of a many-car garage is a bit of a unicorn for middle class Long Islanders.
Most attached garages here become living rooms.

Joemcxc9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 4XE Sahara
Did these dimensions work for everyone? The 2.5” sections make this so tight none of them fit. Would need to go 3.5” on those.
Sponsored