Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
you got it! We wanted to offer folks who want to apply the ceramic themselves that is' easy to apply (no high points) and durable enough without spending too much $$$.
That is why I admire you guys for knowing your market space. Lot of folks don't and they wonder why their business failed.. Keep up the good work guys!

Unless its changed somehow this forum (. https://www.jeepforum.com/forums/arizona-jeep-forum.320/ ) has about 13,000 active users, I used to be the Senior Mod when I lived there. I heard the guy sold it, but it was one of the biggest Jeep forums around. Its located in Phoenix....
Sponsored

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Typically two products (different chemical formulas) shouldn't be fixed, One product over another product. for the best result. Completely removing the existing layer before applying a new layer is recommended if you don't know the effect of mixing the two products. But SUMA ceramic, you can apply on all surfaces if you don't want to remove the first layer.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Typically two products (different chemical formulas) shouldn't be fixed, One product over another product. for the best result. Completely removing the existing layer before applying a new layer is recommended if you don't know the effect of mixing the two products. But SUMA ceramic, you can apply on all surfaces if you don't want to remove the first layer.
Thanks for the info, What is the best way to remove the original coating or is it going to cause my artificial shoulder to start to smoke lol? So just hit it with the foam gun and clean and dry it and then apply your product? Anything that I have to be aware of like glass or black trim?
Thanks
Rich

Mdrums

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
Thanks for the info, What is the best way to remove the original coating or is it going to cause my artificial shoulder to start to smoke lol? So just hit it with the foam gun and clean and dry it and then apply your product? Anything that I have to be aware of like glass or black trim?
Thanks
Rich
You need to Clay Bar and then a fine micro polish To remove your previous coating.
How old is your professional install ceramic coat? If it’s under 4 years I’d keep it over a spray coating.

Take57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sport S
My 2020 F 450 got a new paint job about 5 mo ago. I was told to wait 3-4 months for it to cure and do not wash over the time frame. I had painted at the Mercedes Dealer.

Then I went shopping for a Ceramic shop. I shopped for 2 mo. Half the shops were not a shops at all, they came to your driveway, and start to finish was less than a day, a lot less. I went to them at the business location. A lot of shops have a. cheap overhead and drove your car under and they do it there.

The average quote was $2..3k - 3.3.k

Exhausting all all the shops I could find or who would answer the fone I gave up. But I had a business trip to Tampa FL. I call a shop to see if they were in an actual building or did come to your driveway or what. Well the guy who answered the fone said: 'come over to our shop and take a look-see!'

I did and I was SHOCKED: As I drove in there were at least 15 Bentleys, Rolls, Porsches, McLarens, Ferraris, and a couple of high-end MB SLs. Then IN the shop same same.

I was staggered at what I saw and I pointed to my F 450 KR truck and asked about my truck. LOL suddenly I had half the shop out there drooling over my truck, they loved it! So I asked, How much to ceramic my truck and do I get the SAME ceramic as the nosebleed cars.

The owner said, we love to do it and YES you will get the same same, we like to do yours as do not get many trucks at all and we like to put a pic on the walls. How long will i take and how much. 3 FULL days and $3200, same at the rest of these.

And the threw in my wheels and mirrors.

I will tell you I have had other ceramic jobs and none compared to this.

IMG_6356.JPG
When I lived in Scottsdale, AZ I owned a BMW335i hardtop convertible. Great car but still at the end of the day it was still a $50K-ish vehicle. It was in for service with my usual shop so I asked the guys there if there was a detail shop they liked. They scribbled down the name and number for a guy they liked. Gave him a call and asked if I could come over and talk about what I wanted done.

Drove over there and worked out what was needed. The only problem he said was he wouldn't be able to get on it for about four weeks because they were knee deep in work. Then he took me back to the shop area and there sat about five exotics being attended to. A few of them were VERY rare and VERY VERY expensive. He could see that my jaw dropped and explained he was booked up doing work for Barrett-Jackson and their auction.

By this time I figured I was in over my head in terms of cost but he quoted me a price not much more than a car wash detailer. I told him straight out that the price seemed a little low for what I requested and he told me business was always slow after Barrett-Jackson but he wanted to keep his crew busy and also wanted to clear out some of the chemicals that were left over from work on those six-figure exotics. Turned out I got a ceramic treatment for next to nothing (or as the guy that was in charge of the shop said "We put on the good shit") Sometimes you just get lucky.

BTW - That truck looks stunning. Really beautiful!

Sponsored

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
When I lived in Scottsdale, AZ I owned a BMW335i hardtop convertible. Great car but still at the end of the day it was still a $50K-ish vehicle. It was in for service with my usual shop so I asked the guys there if there was a detail shop they liked. They scribbled down the name and number for a guy they liked. Gave him a call and asked if I could come over and talk about what I wanted done.

Drove over there and worked out what was needed. The only problem he said was he wouldn't be able to get on it for about four weeks because they were knee deep in work. Then he took me back to the shop area and there sat about five exotics being attended to. A few of them were VERY rare and VERY VERY expensive. He could see that my jaw dropped and explained he was booked up doing work for Barrett-Jackson and their auction.

By this time I figured I was in over my head in terms of cost but he quoted me a price not much more than a car wash detailer. I told him straight out that the price seemed a little low for what I requested and he told me business was always slow after Barrett-Jackson but he wanted to keep his crew busy and also wanted to clear out some of the chemicals that were left over from work on those six-figure exotics. Turned out I got a ceramic treatment for next to nothing (or as the guy that was in charge of the shop said "We put on the good shit") Sometimes you just get lucky.

BTW - That truck looks stunning. Really beautiful!
You still in PDX or did move to TUS?

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You need to Clay Bar and then a fine micro polish To remove your previous coating.
How old is your professional install ceramic coat? If it’s under 4 years I’d keep it over a spray coating.
Hi, Yes it`s under 2 years old and has been in the garage for most of the time. I am going to order a bottle of SUMA and let you all know how it goes
Do I get the bottle of detailer for $19.95 or the Ceramic coating spray $38.00 and just spray over what is on the the Jeep now?

Take57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sport S
You still in PDX or did move to TUS?
Riding it out in Portland until construction is done on the place in Tucson. Fingers crossed we'll be in by December. Although I grew up here in the Willamette valley I'd forgotten how depressing the winters are...

Mdrums

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
Hi, Yes it`s under 2 years old and has been in the garage for most of the time. I am going to order a bottle of SUMA and let you all know how it goes
Do I get the bottle of detailer for $19.95 or the Ceramic coating spray $38.00 and just spray over what is on the the Jeep now?
No need to do that...your professionally installed coating is in like new shape and better than any spray on coating. I have professionally installed ceramic on my vehicles too. All I do after washing and drying is wipe down with either P&S Beadmaker or CarPro Reload. Either are awesome detailer with Si02 technology and recommended on ceramic coatings....THAT IS ALL YOU NEED.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
No need to do that...your professionally installed coating is in like new shape and better than any spray on coating. I have professionally installed ceramic on my vehicles too. All I do after washing and drying is wipe down with either P&S Beadmaker or CarPro Reload. Either are awesome detailer with Si02 technology and recommended on ceramic coatings....THAT IS ALL YOU NEED.
Thank you for taking the time for giving me the heads up, I do appreciate it!

Sponsored

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Well, I’m very happy with my purchase. $58 for 3 bottles, should last me a couple years. Did 2 full coats on my wife’s new car, tops, wheels, wheel wells, etc, used about 1/2 a bottle. I should be able to get at least 2-3 more applications on her full size SUV. Took me about a hour total. This stuff gives the finish an unreal slickness. I swear a 1% grade of the hood, just enough to barely shed water, and the bottle kept sliding off! There isn’t a big difference in looks, but it’s a brand new vehicle (under 100 miles right now). Even with the new car shine, there is definitely a much slicker surface. I can’t wait to do the Jeep next! Overall I’m very happy, I wasn’t interested in a 3k ceramic job.

I’ll let the pics speak for them self. Sorry it’s not better lighting!

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY Ceramic Coating | 20% Off First Purchase IMG_1785
Jeep Wrangler JL DIY Ceramic Coating | 20% Off First Purchase IMG_1788
Jeep Wrangler JL DIY Ceramic Coating | 20% Off First Purchase IMG_1790

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Well, I’m very happy with my purchase. $58 for 3 bottles, should last me a couple years. Did 2 full coats on my wife’s new car, tops, wheels, wheel wells, etc, used about 1/2 a bottle. I should be able to get at least 2-3 more applications on her full size SUV. Took me about a hour total. This stuff gives the finish an unreal slickness. I swear a 1% grade of the hood, just enough to barely shed water, and the bottle kept sliding off! There isn’t a big difference in looks, but it’s a brand new vehicle (under 100 miles right now). Even with the new car shine, there is definitely a much slicker surface. I can’t wait to do the Jeep next! Overall I’m very happy, I wasn’t interested in a 3k ceramic job.

I’ll let the pics speak for them self. Sorry it’s not better lighting!

Your car looks great! and thanks for the feedback and pictures.

When we tell people how good our SUMA ceramic is, people are typically skeptical, thinking SUMA is like other brands out there, a white label from the same manufacturer, which is not true.

We developed the formula ourselves using our NANO Gel coating on the mirror coating LINK to develop the ceramic coating spray. Thanks again for giving us a try and the review!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Suma Performance

You already know I am a big fan of your Suma Coating Ceramic Spray and Suma Side Mirrors ..... and I wanted to let you know that today, I used your product PETER- Foam Car Shampoo and now I am also a fanboy of that offering.

I used the PETER- Foam Car Shampoo in my Foam Cannon... using to clean my JL..

WOW, your product came out so super super foamy and so dense ... and did the intended deed very well..

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY Ceramic Coating | 20% Off First Purchase 9999

https://www.sumadetail.com/collections/exterior-detailing-products/products/peter-foam-car-shampoo
Sponsored