Sponsored

DIY Ceramic Coating | 20% Off First Purchase

rmartino99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger RT, Hopefully Sting Grey JLU
Thank you, just saying when they have repaint Jeep because of corrosion it will not be reimbursed

SBLACK502

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
100% spot on

First off... the word "Suma" on the mirrors is a non-starter. Who in the world would want to be distracted by advertising? Second... if you are going to "Ceramic Coat" any car.... 99% of the pre-application is paint correction. There is no Ceramic Coating that should be "sprayed" on. It needs to be applied on a clean paint prepped surface with over lapping strokes or you will have high spots. Yeah, I know what I am talking about.... 40 plus years in car detailing.

IMG_4981 copy.JPG

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
We agree that for the best result, paint correction is required. However, for those who do not know how to do correct paint or don't have the time, you can still apply SUMA ceramic to give you that new car shine.

Here is a 2008 car applied with SUMA ceramic spray without paint correction.

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
My 2020 F 450 got a new paint job about 5 mo ago. I was told to wait 3-4 months for it to cure and do not wash over the time frame. I had painted at the Mercedes Dealer.

Then I went shopping for a Ceramic shop. I shopped for 2 mo. Half the shops were not a shops at all, they came to your driveway, and start to finish was less than a day, a lot less. I went to them at the business location. A lot of shops have a. cheap overhead and drove your car under and they do it there.

The average quote was $2..3k - 3.3.k

Exhausting all all the shops I could find or who would answer the fone I gave up. But I had a business trip to Tampa FL. I call a shop to see if they were in an actual building or did come to your driveway or what. Well the guy who answered the fone said: 'come over to our shop and take a look-see!'

I did and I was SHOCKED: As I drove in there were at least 15 Bentleys, Rolls, Porsches, McLarens, Ferraris, and a couple of high-end MB SLs. Then IN the shop same same.

I was staggered at what I saw and I pointed to my F 450 KR truck and asked about my truck. LOL suddenly I had half the shop out there drooling over my truck, they loved it! So I asked, How much to ceramic my truck and do I get the SAME ceramic as the nosebleed cars.

The owner said, we love to do it and YES you will get the same same, we like to do yours as do not get many trucks at all and we like to put a pic on the walls. How long will i take and how much. 3 FULL days and $3200, same at the rest of these.

And the threw in my wheels and mirrors.

I will tell you I have had other ceramic jobs and none compared to this.

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY Ceramic Coating | 20% Off First Purchase IMG_6356.JPG

Sponsored

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Yes.... someone who finally got it right! After going through many companies to find the right products and the right chemicals, Adam's was by far the very best to go with. This is just my home setup for our personal cars. And, as. you can see.... all Adam's

I pretty much went the same route but added an EGO Electric leaf blower to get the water out of the hard to reach spots, no fumes and I even use it to clean out the inside, it works great on the drink holders and heat /ac vents and the ever so tight spot between the seats and center console. I wonder if there is even less space there on a 24?

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My 2020 F 450 got a new paint job about 5 mo ago. I was told to wait 3-4 months for it to cure and do not wash over the time frame. I had painted at the Mercedes Dealer.

Then I went shopping for a Ceramic shop. I shopped for 2 mo. Half the shops were not a shops at all, they came to your driveway, and start to finish was less than a day, a lot less. I went to them at the business location. A lot of shops have a. cheap overhead and drove your car under and they do it there.

The average quote was $2..3k - 3.3.k

Exhausting all all the shops I could find or who would answer the fone I gave up. But I had a business trip to Tampa FL. I call a shop to see if they were in an actual building or did come to your driveway or what. Well the guy who answered the fone said: 'come over to our shop and take a look-see!'

I did and I was SHOCKED: As I drove in there were at least 15 Bentleys, Rolls, Porsches, McLarens, Ferraris, and a couple of high-end MB SLs. Then IN the shop same same.

I was staggered at what I saw and I pointed to my F 450 KR truck and asked about my truck. LOL suddenly I had half the shop out there drooling over my truck, they loved it! So I asked, How much to ceramic my truck and do I get the SAME ceramic as the nosebleed cars.

The owner said, we love to do it and YES you will get the same same, we like to do yours as do not get many trucks at all and we like to put a pic on the walls. How long will i take and how much. 3 FULL days and $3200, same at the rest of these.

And the threw in my wheels and mirrors.

I will tell you I have had other ceramic jobs and none compared to this.

What was the name of the shop? There is a installer here in NJ and has another location in Florida, you would never guess there were over $3 million in cars behind the doors to the building. He also does PPF by Excell
LEEBERBS Is the name of the shop here and he spends time at both locations and gets his sleep on the plane.
you figure some guys are paying for Expell pro PPF anywhere from $6k on up and actually doing a ceramic coat on top of it. Over $10k in paint protection…
Plus he has all of the kits available if you just want to do parts of your vehicle. For some reason the green Camaro really catches my eye.
LEEBERBS.COM

TrentYoung

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X 4Xe
I pretty much went the same route but added an EGO Electric leaf blower to get the water out of the hard to reach spots, no fumes and I even use it to clean out the inside, it works great on the drink holders and heat /ac vents and the ever so tight spot between the seats and center console. I wonder if there is even less space there on a 24?
I may have left that out of my arsenal of toys as it was hanging on another wall. But I had to get the stubby attachment.

IMG_5150 copy.jpg

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I may have left that out of my arsenal of toys as it was hanging on another wall. But I had to get the stubby attachment.

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY Ceramic Coating | 20% Off First Purchase IMG_5150 copy
It really does help! Some people just don't get it

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What was the name of the shop? There is a installer here in NJ and has another location in Florida, you would never guess there were over $3 million in cars behind the doors to the building. He also does PPF by Excell
LEEBERBS Is the name of the shop here and he spends time at both locations and gets his sleep on the plane.
you figure some guys are paying for Expell pro PPF anywhere from $6k on up and actually doing a ceramic coat on top of it. Over $10k in paint protection…
Plus he has all of the kits available if you just want to do parts of your vehicle. For some reason the green Camaro really catches my eye.
LEEBERBS.COM
https://www.presidentialdetailing.net/

Sponsored

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY Ceramic Coating | 20% Off First Purchase IMG_5150 copy
This is a BLOWER

Jeep Wrangler JL DIY Ceramic Coating | 20% Off First Purchase IMG_3979

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Why post all this misc. crapola in a forum sponsor's thread.

A thread that a forum sponsor pays lots of $ for.

Sponsor's pay $ to be allowed, to post threads that showcase their product(s).

Sponsor's pay the bills around here.

Yes, guys / gals are entitled to post but why bastardize / dilute this or any other Sponsor's thread.

Suggest you do the right thing and create your own thread or post in a non forum sponsors thread...
The sponsor on here offers a DIY approach, LONG way from paying a shop to do it and doubt it cost $3k to buy a bottle of their product.

In fact, I am thinking of buying their product for my Jeep for its ease of use vs my company truck which is a a $100k ride and a $3k application and they need it for 3 days to do it and it gonna last far longer than 6 mo!

I think these guys SUMA has a GREAT product and is being aimed at a market segment that would want it. I doubt the Bentley and McLaren boys are interested. $28 bucks, spray on and your Jeep looks great for 6 mo I like it. SUMA is chasing the right market!

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
The sponsor on here offers a DIY approach, LONG way from paying a shop to do it and doubt it cost $3k to buy a bottle of their product.

In fact, I am thinking of buying their product for my Jeep for its ease of use vs my company truck which is a a $100k ride and a $3k application and they need it for 3 days to do it and it gonna last far longer than 6 mo!

I think these guys SUMA has a GREAT product and is being aimed at a market segment that would want it. I doubt the Bentley and McLaren boys are interested. $28 bucks, spray on and your Jeep looks great for 6 mo I like it. SUMA is chasing the right market!
you got it! We wanted to offer folks who want to apply the ceramic themselves that is' easy to apply (no high points) and durable enough without spending too much $$$.

Mdrums

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
I e had cars professionally done and I’ve done myself using C QuartZ UK 3.0 this is now consumer ceramic that use to be pro ceramic. It’s all in the prep. C Quartz works great and lasts.

The only spray on I’d use is for suspension and frame and wheels wells. I can see how a high quality scary ceramic under the Jeep would be ideal for clean up

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Has anyone touched on the subject of applying one product over a different manufactures product? My first 392 was done with Gtechniq at the detail shop and when my second 392 XR ame in it was done at the dealers shop using the same Gtechniq professional application Crystal Serum Ultra a product that is supposed to be applied by trained detailers. The difference between my first and second 392 was definitely noticeable. The first application cleaned up easier and the water ran off in a different "pattern" So what can be done if you already have this applied, can you apply over it? Or do you need to strip it in some manner? Can you get away with just reapplying with a spray or do you need to reapply the ceramic coating? The time it takes to do it doesn't bother me, I just want to do it right the first time
Sponsored