First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Rocket Surgeon
Does anyone have a photo of how that small rock guard at the front of the fuel tank is installed? Working in 36°F rainy weather and being soaked to the bone, I didn’t take the time to pay attention while removing it and now reinstalling it .

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
Hi,

Reading these post just wondering if anyone has converted the input shaft to install a extensions to act as a pilot bearing or is there a version of the input shaft that does utilize a pilot bearing?

As one would think you could bore a hole in the end of the input shaft and press fit a dowel rod that fits to a pilot bearing as I would think the only reason they removed this was for assembly line time.

Regards,
Jim

Nailgun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Hi,

Reading these post just wondering if anyone has converted the input shaft to install a extensions to act as a pilot bearing or is there a version of the input shaft that does utilize a pilot bearing?

As one would think you could bore a hole in the end of the input shaft and press fit a dowel rod that fits to a pilot bearing as I would think the only reason they removed this was for assembly line time.

Regards,
Jim
Somebody just needs to create a complete new input shaft assembly with pilot. Till then, I don't see this CF as being quite 100% if ever.

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Just a quick tip, don’t waste your time doing a vacuum bleed at the reservoir, either actuate the slave or vacuum bled using a mitivac at the bleed port on the slave. I manually actuated the slave and it made a big difference, I had a buddy watching the reservoir and it took quite a few pumps to force the bubbles out, it gets pretty tough to compress the damn thing.
Thanks to @Toycrusher for the tip.

Sponsored

KG5PST

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Rocket Surgeon
Just a quick tip, don’t waste your time doing a vacuum bleed at the reservoir, either actuate the slave or vacuum bled using a mitivac at the bleed port on the slave. I manually actuated the slave and it made a big difference, I had a buddy watching the reservoir and it took quite a few pumps to force the bubbles out, it gets pretty tough to compress the damn thing.
Thanks to @Toycrusher for the tip.
That’s how I did the bleed. It got quite tough as described. I still think I might do this again after a week or two of driving.

KG5PST

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Rocket Surgeon
The CF slave cylinder appears to have nearly double the volume of the OEM.
Jeep Wrangler JL DIY Centerforce flywheel and clutch install 4ACF0967-D33E-4669-B403-E2EC71E8F285

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
The CF slave cylinder appears to have nearly double the volume of the OEM.
Jeep Wrangler JL DIY Centerforce flywheel and clutch install 4ACF0967-D33E-4669-B403-E2EC71E8F285
I may do the bleed with the mityvac at the slave next but it feels pretty good now, I stopped because there was some seepage towards the end figure some fluid got past the o ring so I didn’t want to run anymore pressure thru it.
Thanks for the comparison , dumb question but how do you open the bleed port?

KG5PST

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Rocket Surgeon
Pull the cap off the bleed port, and turn counter-clockwise.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Toycrusher

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hi,

Regards,
Jim
Somebody just needs to create a complete new input shaft assembly with pilot. Till then, I don't see this CF as being quite 100% if ever.
I thought about that quite a bit. The mod would be super easy to screw up in the field unless you disassembled the transmission and did the work on the bench. If your going through that much trouble, may as well just swap out the shaft. A low-volume custom shaft would be super expensive, and if your going through that much trouble and expense, why not replace gears 3 through five to make a close-ratio single-overdrive transmission. And now that we're spending that much money, there's probably an alternate transmission you can swap in for far less trouble.

Man I hate popping open those cans of worms...

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I thought about that quite a bit. The mod would be super easy to screw up in the field unless you disassembled the transmission and did the work on the bench. If your going through that much trouble, may as well just swap out the shaft. A low-volume custom shaft would be super expensive, and if your going through that much trouble and expense, why not replace gears 3 through five to make a close-ratio single-overdrive transmission. And now that we're spending that much money, there's probably an alternate transmission you can swap in for far less trouble.

Man I hate popping open those cans of worms...
If someone figured out a manual to auto swap i would do it, if I didn’t have so much money in my Jeep I’d probably trade it in but… on the bright side my rig shifts pretty nice now - thanks

bllprk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 WK CRD
I will be installing the CF Gen 3 Clutch in a couple of weeks. During shipment, my hydraulic hose was crushed. (between the new CF slave / master). I am attempting to get a replacement part. BUT... do you think the factory hose will work with the CF Master and Slave cylinders? Thanks!

bllprk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 WK CRD
I will be installing the CF Gen 3 Clutch in a couple of weeks. During shipment, my hydraulic hose was crushed. (between the new CF slave / master). I am attempting to get a replacement part. BUT... do you think the factory hose will work with the CF Master and Slave cylinders? Thanks!
Centerforce has confirmed, the factory hose will work.
Sponsored