DIY Centerforce flywheel and clutch install

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
It's been working great, well, until the hydraulics heat soak. At that point it loses some pressure and there is a little resistance going into 1st, but still very manageable, nothing like before. They have been working hard on an upgrade to the stock hydraulic system and hopefully will have it out soon. It will most likely be a big improvement even to those with a stock clutch.
Are they also going to release the clutch and flywheel?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Toycrusher

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Are they also going to release the clutch and flywheel?
CF didn't build a reputation for excellent clutches off of mediocre product. I have a feeling that once they are satisfied with this new hydraulic system, they will probably include it as a part of the clutch kit and start selling them again

ddkiefer

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6mt
I installed the latest dual friction kit that includes a complete hydraulic system about 3 weeks ago and I couldn’t be happier so far. We just past the break in period now and hope to get some off road time on it soon. I followed along with Toycrusher’s install guide for the most part. The only things I did differently was not really dropping the fuel tank down any but getting enough things loose to remove the crossmember, nor did I split the transfer case from the transmission. I didn’t remove the shift cables but only removed the bracket from the transfer case that keeps them supported in order to gain the slack needed to drop the trans but not completely remove from the Jeep.

KG5PST

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Rocket Surgeon
@Toycrusher - I’m currently replacing the clutch in my 2018 and identified a leak in the rear main seal. From your photos here, you have the same seal. Unfortunately when I search auto parts stores including Jeep/Mopar parts, they all show a different seal for our Jeeps. The seal part number on my Jeep is 68241125AD and the difference is the other seal also covers the right / passenger side freeze plug where ours does not even have a bolt hole to fasten. Have you changed yours out?

A92C7546-2164-450E-8388-952B9D8809D8.jpeg

OP
OP
Toycrusher

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Fascinating. I have not had to replace mine. I had no idea there was a block casting change in the 3.6 at all! I'm curious as to why 🤔🤔🤔

Sponsored

KG5PST

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Rocket Surgeon
I did a little more digging. Apparently this part changed numbers a few times. It may now be PN: 68421850AB.

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

KG5PST

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Rocket Surgeon
I visited my local Jeep dealership today and told them the part that I needed. The parts guy was arguing with me stating that the part I wanted “I guarantee you that part will not fit your engine! You are asking for the wrong part. That is only for the 3.6 in the Grand Cherokee, Ram 1500 & Pacifica.”

Anyways, the part that fits my Jeep is PN: 68241125AD which has been re-identified as PN: 68245707AD.

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I visited my local Jeep dealership today and told them the part that I needed. The parts guy was arguing with me stating that the part I wanted “I guarantee you that part will not fit your engine! You are asking for the wrong part. That is only for the 3.6 in the Grand Cherokee, Ram 1500 & Pacifica.”

Anyways, the part that fits my Jeep is PN: 68241125AD which has been re-identified as PN: 68245707AD.
Did you laugh at the guy when he handed you the person wrenching on the Jeep the part YOU wanted?

KG5PST

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Rocket Surgeon
Yeah, as he quizzed me about where I got my photo of the Jeep engine, saying I must have found it on the internet because that’s not a Jeep engine. I told him that I took the photo myself after pulling the transmission / transfer case / both driveshafts / clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, etc. I guess showing up dressed as an engineer and clean today versus the old carharrt hoodie and grease covered normally.

OP
OP
Toycrusher

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

So did we end up with engines not meant for Wranglers?

KG5PST

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Rocket Surgeon
That’s how it appears. I would like to research more about it, just in case I run into any more exceptions like the above.
Sponsored