OP
OP
Toycrusher

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Cruised around this week end and it felt great. I did notice a vibration at 55 mph that wasnt there before. Although before I was getting a vibration in the steering wheel at 75 mph. Any ideas other than balancing the tires. I also installed a steering stabilizer while waiting on clutch. The old steering stabilzer was pancaked about a year ago
Congrats on getting it back together! 🍻

Not sure what to say about your vibration. Harmonics can be really weird. With your heavier flywheel, it could be that the vibration you felt at 75 now is felt at 55. Start with the tires and go from there
Sponsored

*evonol*

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport
Unfortunately, the rev hang is still there, can't wait for a tuner to remove it from the programming. It's irritating to know your putting extra heat and wear into your clutch unnecessary
Wow, so I didn't know that "rev hang" could be addressed with tuning of any kind? Did you ever get something done for it? And I didnt realize it would cause more heat to be applied to the clutch.

OP
OP
Toycrusher

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Wow, so I didn't know that "rev hang" could be addressed with tuning of any kind? Did you ever get something done for it? And I didnt realize it would cause more heat to be applied to the clutch.
"rev hang" is programmed into the stock engine program to control spikes in emissions during throttle snap-open or snap-shut. In reality, that affects like .00000001% of overall run time and it's utterly ridiculous to be concerned with emissions from those events. Eating a burrito is probably 10x worse for the environment and local air quality for sure...

I'm hoping a reasonable tune addresses this in the future. The wear on the clutch discs during a quick shift is not good for anyone or anything

Mandalorian

First Name
MANDALORIAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT
Clubs

Just came back to give an update. 4 months and 6000 miles later I'm very pleased with centerforce clutch. No major issues and the vibration is gone. Couldn't be happier with the new clutch.

Sponsored

Willing&Able

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Clubs

Guess I'll add my update after several months and several thousand miles as well.

Clutch engagement is great. I still have sporadic shifting issues - it won't go smoothly from N to first from a stop. I have to rock it back slightly into second or fourth gear then that 'opens the gate' for first.

After three clutches and weeks in the shop I've just learned to live with it.

Out of the various aftermarket clutches I've had I'm the least impressed with this one - but it won't burn to the ground like the OEM one and there aren't any other options.

To be fair, I think it is more to do with how the JL was designed vs CF (who has a great history in motor sports)...

JeepinPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR, '95 Land Cruiser
My Jeep does that here and there with the stock clutch. Seems the notches on the sycros are rather coarse.

Pete

OP
OP
Toycrusher

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Guess I'll add my update after several months and several thousand miles as well.

Clutch engagement is great. I still have sporadic shifting issues - it won't go smoothly from N to first from a stop. I have to rock it back slightly into second or fourth gear then that 'opens the gate' for first.

After three clutches and weeks in the shop I've just learned to live with it.

Out of the various aftermarket clutches I've had I'm the least impressed with this one - but it won't burn to the ground like the OEM one and there aren't any other options.

To be fair, I think it is more to do with how the JL was designed vs CF (who has a great history in motor sports)...
The build quality is the issue. The motor/transmission alignment is hit and miss. The stock clutch is sloppy enough to handle most of the misalignment, though I'd bet that the few Jeeps that suffered complete failures was because the misalignment was beyond what the stock clutch could handle.

The CF is designed for an aligned motor/transmission setup. They've been working on a "looser" clutch for those Jeeps that came down the assembly line really bad.

Willing&Able

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Clubs

It is interesting that for several months CF has not had the Jeep clutch on their website either. Wonder if they cut bait given the factory 'looseness' you reference.....

They only offer a 'tube'.....

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
It is interesting that for several months CF has not had the Jeep clutch on their website either. Wonder if they cut bait given the factory 'looseness' you reference.....

They only offer a 'tube'.....
"Tube"?

Sponsored

Willing&Able

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Clubs

Any info on what has changed between designs? I’m on design three and curious what has been improved as I would consider my version ok at best.

WashingtonWetWheeler

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 6spd JLUR. UD60s & 40s
Very intrigued about what the scoop is on these. Really hope they are squared away so I can pick one up.
Sponsored