Display screen would not shut off

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Walked out to my Jeep and saw this screen behind my steering wheel was lit up. Just this screen, nothing else. I opened the door and closed it then left it for about 5 minutes. Still lit up! I did not have my key on me. Opened the door and closed it again and walked away for 10 minutes. Still lit up! I don’t know how long it’s been on, could have been all night since I haven’t driven my Jeep since yesterday afternoon. Will this drain my battery?

So I finally pushed the remote start button, would not go past OFF since I didn’t have my key on me but this seems to have fixed the issue. Any ideas on why this happened?

D92516DA-868A-4AF5-B5EF-A502758596BE.jpeg
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Walked out to my Jeep and saw this screen behind my steering wheel was lit up. Just this screen, nothing else. I opened the door and closed it then left it for about 5 minutes. Still lit up! I did not have my key on me. Opened the door and closed it again and walked away for 10 minutes. Still lit up! I don’t know how long it’s been on, could have been all night since I haven’t driven my Jeep since yesterday afternoon. Will this drain my battery?

So I finally pushed the remote start button, would not go past OFF since I didn’t have my key on me but this seems to have fixed the issue. Any ideas on why this happened?

D92516DA-868A-4AF5-B5EF-A502758596BE.jpeg
It's a Jeep Thing, you started discovering these Easter eggs already!
Happened to me the other day, my center console screen also wouldn't turn off after shutdown & lock.

Pull fuse F97 to fix it.

P.S. It's my daily routing to pull F97, because one thing or another is always messed up on the uconnect.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jennalee

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a Jeep Thing, you started discovering these Easter eggs already
LOL :LOL:

Pull fuse F97 to fix it.

P.S. It's my daily routing to pull F97, because one thing or another is always messed up on the uconnect.
So just pull it out and insert back in? Easy as that? I’m nervous. I have a tendency to screw things up even when following instructions very carefully :facepalm:

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
LOL :LOL:

So just pull it out and insert back in? Easy as that? I’m nervous. I have a tendency to screw things up even when following instructions very carefully :facepalm:
@Jennalee
Yes, use the yellow fuse puller clipped to your distribution center (fuse box)
Look at the inside of the lid, there is a chart that shows where the fuses are, find 97, pull it with the puller tool, wait like 15 seconds, replace it back.
Should fix most software issues on the Jeep.

Capture.JPG

OP
OP
Jennalee

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Jennalee
Yes, use the yellow fuse puller clipped to your distribution center (fuse box)
Look at the inside of the lid, there is a chart that shows where the fuses are, find 97, pull it with the puller tool, wait like 15 seconds, replace it back.
Should fix most software issues on the Jeep.

Capture.JPG
Thank you, thank you! Did it! At first I was wondering how the hell I was going to get the damn fuse out. Didn’t realize there was a handy little yellow plier thing. Also didn’t know how the hell I was going to find F97 since they weren’t labeled. I didn’t realize there was a menu under the cover. Thank you for spelling it out for me! Very proud of myself too :clap:

44E97587-9A6E-4E93-BCD2-9576BA0685FA.jpeg

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Thank you, thank you! Did it! At first I was wondering how the hell I was going to get the damn fuse out. Didn’t realize there was a handy little yellow plier thing. Also didn’t know how the hell I was going to find F97 since they weren’t labeled. I didn’t realize there was a menu under the cover. Thank you for spelling it out for me! Very proud of myself too :clap:

44E97587-9A6E-4E93-BCD2-9576BA0685FA.jpeg
Awesome, now you’re getting the hang of it!:LOL:

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Bump and many thanks for the gouge. Was wondering what killed my battery last month (thought it was ESS). Noticed today my display was still on from yesterday.

Jeep Wrangler JL Display screen would not shut off BD0A9D38-3AEC-4E95-81FC-6664BDB8C23E

Mbishop2008

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep wrangler Sahara
Same problem here. Pulled f97 - labeled radio, but it doesn’t go off. Even with that fuse pulled - Jeep off, key in house - stays on. Cant get in to dealer for 3 weeks so having to take negative terminal off every time parking. Any other ideas on turning this off?

Sponsored

BlueRuby3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2108 Rubicon

Jeep Wrangler JL Display screen would not shut off BD0A9D38-3AEC-4E95-81FC-6664BDB8C23E
I had the same issue. Turns out the pins that connect the electric to the door were bent. Therefore the jeep thought the door was open…even when the doors were off. The dealer fixed it and it works like normal.

Bhmkv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Have the same Uconnect issue where my center screen will not shut off if I parked while on a call. Pulling the negative battery cable won’t shut the screen off due to the auxiliary battery. Have to pull the radio fuse. While this isn’t a hard fix it is unacceptable to me on a brand new car in this price range. Jeep needs a real fix and recall on this. The current dealer my Jeep has been at for weeks is pretending they don’t know about any of the issues it is currently in for.

RubiconTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X
I had the same issue with the Driver's display not turning off and draining the battery. After spending a week at the dealership the Service Manager found a technical service bulletin for this issue and had to apply a software fix to resolve the issue. Not a great start to owning a jeep :(

2024-02-11_12-06-19.png
Sponsored