Sponsored

Discounted pricing from dealers on Soft Tops?

cobrien0925

First Name
Colin O'Brien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2015 RAM 2500, 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe, 2019 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Retired Military
I bought my 2020 Ocean Blue JLUR in April with a matching hard top. No soft top, but I want one. Inclined to OEM vice aftermarket. I've been watching the usual outlets for used tops (Craigslist, FB Marketplace, etc.) but not much comes up and it's usually gone fast or priced close to new. A while ago, a friend of mine mentioned that he had success in getting parts at a discount from dealers, specifically out west. In particular, he said that some dealers would sell a soft top below MSRP if they had "extras" because customers didn't want it. Has anyone had any success or could validate this theory? If so, any recommendations? Not in a rush with cooler weather approaching, but am keeping a "weather eye" out for a good deal. ;)
Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I bought my 2020 Ocean Blue JLUR in April with a matching hard top. No soft top, but I want one. Inclined to OEM vice aftermarket. I've been watching the usual outlets for used tops (Craigslist, FB Marketplace, etc.) but not much comes up and it's usually gone fast or priced close to new. A while ago, a friend of mine mentioned that he had success in getting parts at a discount from dealers, specifically out west. In particular, he said that some dealers would sell a soft top below MSRP if they had "extras" because customers didn't want it. Has anyone had any success or could validate this theory? If so, any recommendations? Not in a rush with cooler weather approaching, but am keeping a "weather eye" out for a good deal. ;)
Wait patiently or get a Bestop Twill on sale and don't sweat it, quality is there.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yup. I believe Bestop makes the OE tops.

Quadratec has a large selection of softops.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Got mine from a place called Bam Wholesale...for 600 dollars cheaper than everyone else! and yes it is the premium twill with tinted windows! it was at the beginning of the covid thing and had it within a few weeks by transport. Not sure if the price was because it is a 2 door but I jumped at it.

dhlevin

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR
If I could find a decent deal on a hardtop I would give you a great deal on a 3 week old premium soft top!

Sponsored

Bejer

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Sport Firecracker Red
Got mine from a place called Bam Wholesale...for 600 dollars cheaper than everyone else! and yes it is the premium twill with tinted windows! it was at the beginning of the covid thing and had it within a few weeks by transport. Not sure if the price was because it is a 2 door but I jumped at it.
Second this, I got the sailcloth with tinted windows about 500 less than most

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Don't forget to ask for military discount. I know when I had a Ford the parts were discounted up to $500 max per part. (which means if you had a 10% discount on a $6,000 item, your discount maxes out at $500)

OP
OP
cobrien0925

cobrien0925

First Name
Colin O'Brien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2015 RAM 2500, 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe, 2019 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Retired Military
Second this, I got the sailcloth with tinted windows about 500 less than most
I looked into their website and when you factor in shipping, their pricing was very close to MOPAR OEM pricing. Did I miss something?

itsJake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
In Washington I found a brand new premium soft top on OfferUp, turns out it was a dealership trying to offload a bunch that customers didn’t want. It was brand new, still in the box for $1000, talked him down to $800. So it seems your friend is right.

Bejer

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Sport Firecracker Red
I looked into their website and when you factor in shipping, their pricing was very close to MOPAR OEM pricing. Did I miss something?
The shipping probably varies by location, I just looked it up, and my bottom line total was $1,787.42 for the sailcloth top with tinted windows and Mopar window storage bag, delivered to my driveway by liftgate truck

In Washington I found a brand new premium soft top on OfferUp, turns out it was a dealership trying to offload a bunch that customers didn’t want. It was brand new, still in the box for $1000, talked him down to $800. So it seems your friend is right.
If you find a deal like that, jump on it!!
Sponsored