Sponsored

Disconnecting Sway Bars

Bushwick18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Hi all

going to Moab with my 2018 JLUS on 33s with a level spacer kit. Wondering do I really need to disconnect sway bar ? If so, is It better to just unbolt and tie away or get quick disconnect?

This is a one time run and Fins n things maybe a few others but nothing major.
Sponsored

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
It helps a lot both with performance and perhaps even moreso with comfort. The cabin doesn't rock around nearly as much with it disconnected.

Be aware that it may be difficult to get the end links reattached if you don't have a perfectly flat spot to park and line everything up. I usually use a bottle jack to help because it's always misaligned.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Disconnect each link at the axle and tie up sway bar with links in high position.
With spacer lift you dont have more flex-!ability, but those who do, can fold in/tie link to the sway and then tie it to the spring tower (do not tie to the spring as pictures)

Screenshot_20210216-123739_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210216-124008.jpg

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Hi all

going to Moab with my 2018 JLUS on 33s with a level spacer kit. Wondering do I really need to disconnect sway bar ? If so, is It better to just unbolt and tie away or get quick disconnect?

This is a one time run and Fins n things maybe a few others but nothing major.
If you plan on disconnecting more than 2 times, I think it is well worth getting the QD.

Its a PITA messing with the standard rods, and after a few times I had enough.

You should be able to use the JKS 2032 setup without issue. Just be aware you have to chop off a tab from the passenger side bracket (not as bad as it sounds).
Sponsored