Sponsored

Disappointed My New JL Rubicon, Jeep Fixed!

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I meant for a test drive. I have to believe most salesman and/or prep workers would check the truck over pretty good before delivery.
That's the point of the original poster - someone should of picked up on such an obvious problem BEFORE the customer did. So obviously they didn't check it out well at all. And also, most have the tires way over inflated. They say that is for shipment. Well, lower the tire pressure during the brand new sold car prep phase before delivering a brand new sold vehicle to the customer.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I
It's not uncommon for a brand new car to have a couple of small fixable issues like that. Check your tires – I'll bet they're massively overinflated, too. Dealerships are supposed to do a PDI to check for those little things before customer delivery and, often, a lot of that gets missed. I test drove three Wranglers and each one had a list of little things that needed to be addressed (scratches, broken seat levers, nonworking tail light, etc.).
Note that while true for all of the domestic vehicles I've purchased, it's never been true for an import I've purchased that was actually manufactured overseas (Finland, Germany or Japan.)

This could be due to crack PDI teams at those dealers, or truly better initial quality, but it's been my experience to date.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
IME, all they do is wash it and install floor mats, and they never check/adjust tire pressure.
In Cali , they don't know how to do even those , and you wouldn't want them to try .

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I was disappointed today with my new Jeep JL Rubicon 4 door.

I ordered it July 12th and it finally came in.

Went to pick it up today and the was not able to for the Mirror Passive safety light was on and wouldn't go of.

They are taking another mirror of another jeep to exchange it.

Not a good start for a brand new Jeep.

Bad omen or something??
Stinks you can't drive your new jeep home. I wouldn't tag it as a bad omen...sounds totally unrelated to any other reported problems that people have posted. Just check the welds, steering, etc...look for your tools, manuals, "new JL checklist", etc and hope it gets cleared up soon! Good you are making sure they take care of it before you leave...I'd also ask what was wrong too so you know how it was repaired.

GL!
Sponsored