Sponsored

Disappointed My New JL Rubicon, Jeep Fixed!

BIGDOGS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sting Grey + '15 Cherokee Trailhawk + '17 Renegade Trailhawk
Sorry, I have to totally disagree with the bolded comment. Maybe for new Wranglers, but I haven't had a new car in the past 20 years, maybe more, that had a couple of small fixable issues. Besides the Wrangler, I'm looking at two other vehicles - both Japanese in origin, and neither appeared to have any issues. The power mirror didn't work on the JLU I test drove.

Totally unacceptable in this day and age, and based on some of the complaints pointed out on this site - although admittedly probably a very small portion of the Wrangler population - points to reliability issues down the road. In this case, a simple vanity mirror light wouldn't concern me, but some of the other electrical gremlins do.

Honestly, still on the fence about a Wrangler. My wife absolutely loves the new JLU, just drove it for the first time, but I'm reading quality issues I don't see on some of my other choices' sites.

Maybe they are just part of the character of the Jeep. Willing to accept that fact if true to a point.

GurneyEagle: I now have 2000 miles on my JLU sahara and remain thrilled. The dealer did a good job with prep and, besides the leaky heater core (yes, a really big deal), the JLU is tight and amazing quality. As we buy early production releases, it should not surprise us to see an issue. It's how Jeep and dealers respond to those that will establish the legacy of this amazing new model. DIVE IN! The water's fine!
Sponsored

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
JD Power is paid by manufacturers , which use JD Power for marketing .

If you want True Facts about dependability , ask any tow truck operator . The results may surprise you .
So your saying FCA doesn’t pay enough?

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
So your saying FCA doesn’t pay enough?
I'm sayin' that every time I see a tow truck driver in a gas station , I hobble over and ask him if he will tell me in his experience , which brand of vehicles are disabled ? Eye opening . NOT ONCE has a tow truck driver mentioned Jeep . Not Once . They have told me , variously : german , mercedes , bmw , and 'you name it' . Never once Jeep .

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I have to totally disagree with you! I am 45 years old and bought brand new vehicles my entire life. I have never had any issues with any of my new vehicles. Thank God my 2018 sahara came in with zero issues.... In this day and age it is totally unacceptable to expect anything different!
Sure, it'd be amazing if everyone could have such a flawless buying experience. It'd also be amazing if I could leave my front door unlocked without someone stealing my TV. Unfortunately, this isn't the North Pole and we can't all be Buddy the Elf.

Last edited:

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Here are the Facts
upload_2018-8-27_17-5-49.png
upload_2018-8-27_17-5-49.jpeg
This is pretty much consistent with Jeep's reliability ratings among all reviewers who calculate historic repair data. Jeep is also no stranger to a few 'least reliable cars' lists (most notably Consumer Reports' 2018 top/bottom 20). That said, it doesn't really matter. The Jeep Wrangler has traditionally been immune to bad press and poor reviews. In the industry, we call this the Jeep Effect and it's the envy of every manufacturer.

One does not buy a Wrangler for its reliability; one buys a Wrangler for the experience. Focus group data shows this again and again. One also does not buy a Wrangler for its Escalade-like handling of highway bridge joints or its Maybach-like comfort. No. Your a** is going to launch six inches out of your seat every time you hit a bump and you're going to like it. Because it's a Wrangler and that's how it works. It's American. It's rugged. It's fun. And mine will be for sale right before the warranty is up.

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
(most notably Consumer Reports' 2018 top/bottom 20)

And mine will be for sale right before the warranty is up.
Whomever buys yours will enjoy it as much as you , as only Jeep owners know .

Consumer Reports and JD Powers are equally unreliable dorks who have never owned Jeeps .

Only Jeep loyalists have sane views of Jeeps .

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I've been on this forum for a while and took delivery in January! and have since put more miles than most on my JLUR 12,000 to be exact. There has been a small issue here or there but I can honestly say that I have no issues and love my JL. I just got back from Jeep Week ,(on Maryland's east cost) and I didn't meet any new JL owners that had anything negative to say. Often times the bad stuff gets blown up and feel for those people but to apply that across the board would be inaccurate.

Blackwing 55

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal JLUR , 05 5.9 Dodge , 2014 Goldwing
I was disappointed today with my new Jeep JL Rubicon 4 door.

I ordered it July 12th and it finally came in.

Went to pick it up today and the was not able to for the Mirror Passive safety light was on and wouldn't go of.

They are taking another mirror of another jeep to exchange it.

Not a good start for a brand new Jeep.

Bad omen or something??
Bought my new JLUR a month ago 3,400 miles on it now it's been flawless LOVE IT ! just installed the Mopar " lift kit, still rides and drives like a dream .

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My experience couldn’t be/have been any different than what this member described. I do have a couple spots where the paint could be better but it’s a Jeep Wrangler not a Porsche GT3.

It’s true that tire pressure is often wrong on cars on the lot, since flat spots can be a problem with cars that don’t get driven for stretches. But that’s so easily rectified I can’t even believe it’s mentioned as a flaw of Wranglers. But do keep that in mind during a test drive- because over inflated tires will affect the way a car handles.
But shouldn't a dealership have a basic check list that takes 10 minutes for the vehicle prep process? It should include tire pressure, checking the radio, speakers, turn signals, lights, etc. or do dealerships not give a sh*t anymore, regardless of brand?

Sponsored

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
But shouldn't a dealership have a basic check list that takes 10 minutes for the vehicle prep process? It should include tire pressure, checking the radio, speakers, turn signals, lights, etc. or do dealerships not give a sh*t anymore, regardless of brand?
I’d you have an appointment set, I’m sure there are some salesman who will check everything over before hitting the road. Maybe 1 out of 50?

But when a customer takes a test drive “cold” off the lot I don’t think the salesman can be expected to take a half hour to check everything on the Jeep.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I’d you have an appointment set, I’m sure there are some salesman who will check everything over before hitting the road. Maybe 1 out of 50?

But when a customer takes a test drive “cold” off the lot I don’t think the salesman can be expected to take a half hour to check everything on the Jeep.
Yes, I meant a purchase, not a test drive. :)