Sponsored

Disappointed My New JL Rubicon, Jeep Fixed!

floridarick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara White
If a malfunctioning mirror light is giving you buyer's remorse about the whole car, buckle up because you've got a rough road ahead. Might want to take a Benzo before reading any more of this forum.

It's not uncommon for a brand new car to have a couple of small fixable issues like that. Check your tires – I'll bet they're massively overinflated, too. Dealerships are supposed to do a PDI to check for those little things before customer delivery and, often, a lot of that gets missed. I test drove three Wranglers and each one had a list of little things that needed to be addressed (scratches, broken seat levers, nonworking tail light, etc.).

Wranglers are flying off the lots with minimal effort, so Jeep dealers have become a tad complacent, IMO.
I have to totally disagree with you! I am 45 years old and bought brand new vehicles my entire life. I have never had any issues with any of my new vehicles. Thank God my 2018 sahara came in with zero issues.... In this day and age it is totally unacceptable to expect anything different!
Sponsored

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered and bought the Jeep for my wife. I'm just not use to having a brand new vehicle roll of the delivery truck and have a problem, even a minor problem. A 56K vehicle should be inspected better before it leaves the factory!

Bought an 02 Viper brand new and after 16 years still haven't had a problem with it. Same with my GMC Duramax truck and Mazda3

No buyers remorse, just ordered 18" Fuel wheels and BF Goodrich T/A KO 2 35x12.50R18 tires and NFab running boards for it!

Also bought new factory TPM Sensors from the Jeep place for the wheels! Pricey they were!

I'm excited to see what she will look like after the mods!
You can re-use the factory sensors in aftermarket wheels. No need to buy new!

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
897C7A5C-7CFA-4EAE-9F6D-172D03612895.jpeg
4500 miles and ZERO issues and it spends 75%!of its time off-road...

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
75%!of its time off-road...
Off road means going down a 45 degree mountainside through the 4 foot snow drifts and across raging rapids at the bottom , before going up a gravel and mud 45 degree incline during a sleet and hail storm . That's off road .

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
Here are the Facts
upload_2018-8-27_17-5-49.png
upload_2018-8-27_17-5-49.jpeg

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Here are the Facts
JD Power is paid by manufacturers , which use JD Power for marketing .

If you want True Facts about dependability , ask any tow truck operator . The results may surprise you .

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
897C7A5C-7CFA-4EAE-9F6D-172D03612895.jpeg
4500 miles and ZERO issues and it spends 75%!of its time off-road...
Pretty aware what “off-road” is since I’m from Oregon... I have 10000 acres in Eastern Oregon that meets all your descriptions... I’ll pass on the 45 but I’ve done 38 so far and IMO off-road means I’m not on pavement. Last year we did Ollalie Lake in January with 10 PSI, already done Sand Lake and Winchester Bay and pretty much all of Browns Camp.....!for now I need to get back to hunting on off this phone...

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Pretty aware what “off-road” is since I’m from Oregon... I have 10000 acres in Eastern Oregon that meets all your descriptions... I’ll pass on the 45 but I’ve done 38 so far and IMO off-road means I’m not on pavement. Last year we did Ollalie Lake in January with 10 PSI, already done Sand Lake and Winchester Bay and pretty much all of Browns Camp.....!for now I need to get back to hunting on off this phone...
Off road means that nature's weather and nature's animals are hunting you ; and you have reasonable doubts about ever getting back . That's off road .

Sponsored

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Off road means going down a 45 degree mountainside through the 4 foot snow drifts and across raging rapids at the bottom , before going up a gravel and mud 45 degree incline during a sleet and hail storm . That's off road .
45 degree? With a winch ok. By pure traction is physically close to impossible on any street rated tires. With sleet storm I call it bs. Just saying :giggle:

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I could have added : no cell phone , no nav , no infotainment . Off road as the Native Americans would have done before the European plunderers came . lol .

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Every new car I've ever had has small issues from day 1. I usually collect a list of stuff I want fixed and bring it to the dealer for first service. Ive owned BMW, Jeep, Land Rover, Infiniti - all had some kind of issue.
My 2018 Raptor was perfect... and still is. My new Rubicon seems to be following suit. Time will tell I guess!
Sponsored