snelldogg

snelldogg

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC Sahara ETA 2/3
Well , what if I pick mine up in Idaho , and this happens half-way between Boise and Sacramento ? I'd be snowed in Donner Pass , Lol ? But not to worry , Jeep Courtesy girl will arrive with a warm blanket ?
So the dealer replaced the fuel relay. They think that should do it but will hold onto it through Monday for further testing. Hopefully that’s it!
Sponsored

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Well , what if I pick mine up in Idaho , and this happens half-way between Boise and Sacramento ? I'd be snowed in Donner Pass , Lol ? But not to worry , Jeep Courtesy girl will arrive with a warm blanket ?
ieeee we'd give you a hand and a pat-who-donn-it in boiiise chap dont you worry mate

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
So the dealer replaced the fuel relay. They think that should do it but will hold onto it through Monday for further testing. Hopefully that’s it!
we need more infooo mate. explain it to me like im 6 but i really lied to ya and im only 4. thanks mate

OP
OP
snelldogg

snelldogg

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC Sahara ETA 2/3
we need more infooo mate. explain it to me like im 6 but i really lied to ya and im only 4. thanks mate
I guess in the fuse box there is a "switch" that tells the fuel pump what to do and it wasn't working=no fuel. It's running and they are testing. Told me tech drove it 20 miles yesterday. More testing Monday and then it will be returned to me Monday night.

They also ordered new glass to fix the defroster in the rear. In the end, not the end of the world. Just dont want to see it die on me again.

More to come Monday...

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I decided to buy from a dealer that is not a thousand miles away even tho' I will be paying more. My Jeep Liberty blew an automatic transmission 2,000 miles from home and was told it would take at least a month to get a replacement...luckily I also had my RV with. Ended up towing the Liberty another 1,500 miles with the drive shaft in the back.

Sponsored

Oilslick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
I know a jeep is a dodge, is a fiat. I bought from dealer 10 miles away that promises free loaners in writing. Could be priceless on a 1st year vehicle with nor so great lineage .

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
I know a jeep is a dodge, is a fiat.
Even w/i Chrysler, Jeep isn’t Chrysler or Dodge (or Ram, which is really just the other half of Dodge), and especially not Fiat. The only paired product from Toledo was the Nitro.

With dealers, different story. They rep all four US lines, with Fiat dealers being separate sites, but usually owned by the largest regional CDJR dealer. Each CDJR dealer is going to have its own service tendencies while working w/i the constraints of warranty agreements.

Dealers aren’t the automaker and often are in conflict with them. Automakers don’t trust them and they think the automakers are stupid. They have to work together because it’s in both of their best interests, but it’s strained.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
I've been a Jeep owner all my life. Let's be honest, Jeeps are junk, pretty much the biggest POS mechanically you can buy (well except for LandRovers). We don't buy them for their reliability. It's more about fun. Just get the extended warranty and it's fine.

OP
OP
snelldogg

snelldogg

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC Sahara ETA 2/3
I've been a Jeep owner all my life. Let's be honest, Jeeps are junk, pretty much the biggest POS mechanically you can buy (well except for LandRovers). We don't buy them for their reliability. It's more about fun. Just get the extended warranty and it's fine.

Now they think it’s the Fuel Rail. I am not happy with them taking apart my new engine and obviously there is no recourse for me. This sucks!

Grimm_E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Okay I have a new one. My JL wrangler unlimited rubicon was doing great. Then one day I was driving over 50mph and there was a strange noise coming from the wheel well from the driver side. It sounded like that air was caught behind some piece of plastic but I was not sure. Then I did not hear it for days, and then it happened again. But it was so intermittent, I did not know how I was going to get the dealer to reproduce it. Finally I was taking a friend to the airport and it happened on the way out, but under the exact same conditions (speed and location) it did not happen. That's when it was clear, that it only happened at speed with a direct headwind.

I looked at the wheel wells and compared the how the plastic, that makes up the well, was seated. Turns out that the passenger side, the well is perfectly seated into the front bumper of the jeep. On the driver side it is not seated at all.

I looked to see if a clip or screw was missing, but then I notice that they (the factory) had bolted the plastic well out of position, so it would not seat at all. My assumption is this is the source of the strange noise. I am trying to get into the dealer but it has been tough to get an appointment. I may have to choose a different dealership service department. I have had this jeep for just under a month.

I guarantee I am going to take plenty of pics, and that I will not leave the dealer until I see the old well and have the new well put in properly. I will not accept them unscrewing the bolt and seating the existing well to the proper place with an extraneous bolt hole in it.

Before you take delivery on your JL, make sure to look at the front wheel wells carefully.

I do not have time right now because of work, but I will follow up with pics later.

Sponsored

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Okay I have a new one. My JL wrangler unlimited rubicon was doing great. Then one day I was driving over 50mph and there was a strange noise coming from the wheel well from the driver side. It sounded like that air was caught behind some piece of plastic but I was not sure. Then I did not hear it for days, and then it happened again. But it was so intermittent, I did not know how I was going to get the dealer to reproduce it. Finally I was taking a friend to the airport and it happened on the way out, but under the exact same conditions (speed and location) it did not happen. That's when it was clear, that it only happened at speed with a direct headwind.

I looked at the wheel wells and compared the how the plastic, that makes up the well, was seated. Turns out that the passenger side, the well is perfectly seated into the front bumper of the jeep. On the driver side it is not seated at all.

I looked to see if a clip or screw was missing, but then I notice that they (the factory) had bolted the plastic well out of position, so it would not seat at all. My assumption is this is the source of the strange noise. I am trying to get into the dealer but it has been tough to get an appointment. I may have to choose a different dealership service department. I have had this jeep for just under a month.

I guarantee I am going to take plenty of pics, and that I will not leave the dealer until I see the old well and have the new well put in properly. I will not accept them unscrewing the bolt and seating the existing well to the proper place with an extraneous bolt hole in it.

Before you take delivery on your JL, make sure to look at the front wheel wells carefully.

I do not have time right now because of work, but I will follow up with pics later.
x2 for pics. hard to picture

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech

So the original liner isn't acceptable if they take it out and then install it correctly?

OP
OP
snelldogg

snelldogg

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC Sahara ETA 2/3
alright @LABLUE, you seem to be intimately familiar with all things service. As a new customer that just paid 40k+ for my first jeep, currently with 600 miles on it. Should i not be frustrated that this new engine is being dismantled to potentially have a new fuel rail installed? I don't think I would want the best tech in there.

Thoughts?

jeronimo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL
Occupation
On the trail :+)
alright @LABLUE, you seem to be intimately familiar with all things service. As a new customer that just paid 40k+ for my first jeep, currently with 600 miles on it. Should i not be frustrated that this new engine is being dismantled to potentially have a new fuel rail installed? I don't think I would want the best tech in there.

Thoughts?
Dude I hear you completely :) I just got my first Jeep ever. Rubicon JL Unlimited and if I were in your shoes I would be disappointed as well. Somebody told me today "welcome to the world of American cars, that's not the German car you used to drive in Europe though."

I also went through an issue related to the gearbox, a tackling noise quite loud as well that would appear when I suddenly accelerate at around 1500rpm on 3rd, 4th and 5th gear. Went through service, had the mechanic ride with me and hear it himself. I was told it was something known for JKs, but its better in JLs. I appreciate the mechanic and telling me it was normal in his long years of practice dealing with Jeeps and Dodges he said, but well... me as you I don't want to hear what's known and not known. I would say I like things to work the way they are supposed to. All of a sudden I put 50k+ for a car, and right from the store 9 miles on it there is an issue, which they say is known.

Honestly, if I had my own brand, I would've definitely not allowed products to enter the market unless there were enough testing and Q&A beforehand.

Your issue is even much worse, so I understand your frustration.

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
alright @LABLUE, you seem to be intimately familiar with all things service. As a new customer that just paid 40k+ for my first jeep, currently with 600 miles on it. Should i not be frustrated that this new engine is being dismantled to potentially have a new fuel rail installed? I don't think I would want the best tech

Thoughts?
I would be frustrated as well. I hope they have you rental car to drive while they attempt to get yours back to you in a timely manner. To take apart your engine to get to a fuel rail is a simple process(I know a few that can screw it up). I'm not sure what they can possibly find wrong with a fuel rail. Anything is possible, the fuel rail on the 3.6 in the G Cherokee was recalled because of damage and could leak fuel. Prior to our JL we had a 18 Compass that had so many issues with the driveline our sales took it back and we upgraded to the JL.
Sponsored