Sponsored

Disadvantages of having the top off - whats your story??

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
I just came back from a ride - around midnight tonight I decided to go to 7-11 to get something to drink. Most of you know that I am still reeling off from the joyous feeling of driving with the top off for the first time. It exuberating, wonderful feeling, with the winds blowing on my face and Luke Bryan was playing on the radio. The night was cool and I was happy.

And then suddenly I saw a dead skunk in the middle of the road. With trepidation I started to sniff (whyyyyyyyy??!!!!!) can't smell anything when suddenly.....

WHAM!!!!

OMG!!! I have never ever EVER smelled such a concentration of a skunk before. I have very sensitive nose and the smell was pummeling my face mercilessly. It was HORRIBLE and I was gagging wishing that it was over. But you know how skunk smell is. They linger for a distance. My ecstacy turned into a nightmare, and Luke Bryan was singing "She said play it again, play it again, play it again" and now that song is ruined! RUINED FOR ME!!! Tainted with the concentrated skunk stench.

Needless say I did not enjoyed my drink that much. If you think that it is bad enough to smell the skunk from an insulated air conditioned car, being out in the open and smelling the by product of a dead skunk is worst. I took a longer route home. With my radio off! That damn skunk ruined everything. Then I took a shower once I came back home.

Ugh! Next time I see a dead skunk with my top off, I am going to suck in as much air as possible, hold my breath and speed up!!! No fun!!

Are there ANYTHING else that I should be aware of with my Jeep top off??? Golly!!!
I just imagine skunk as weed, doesn't smell as bad afterwards
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I just came back from a ride - around midnight tonight I decided to go to 7-11 to get something to drink. Most of you know that I am still reeling off from the joyous feeling of driving with the top off for the first time. It exuberating, wonderful feeling, with the winds blowing on my face and Luke Bryan was playing on the radio. The night was cool and I was happy.

And then suddenly I saw a dead skunk in the middle of the road. With trepidation I started to sniff (whyyyyyyyy??!!!!!) can't smell anything when suddenly.....

WHAM!!!!

OMG!!! I have never ever EVER smelled such a concentration of a skunk before. I have very sensitive nose and the smell was pummeling my face mercilessly. It was HORRIBLE and I was gagging wishing that it was over. But you know how skunk smell is. They linger for a distance. My ecstacy turned into a nightmare, and Luke Bryan was singing "She said play it again, play it again, play it again" and now that song is ruined! RUINED FOR ME!!! Tainted with the concentrated skunk stench.

Needless say I did not enjoyed my drink that much. If you think that it is bad enough to smell the skunk from an insulated air conditioned car, being out in the open and smelling the by product of a dead skunk is worst. I took a longer route home. With my radio off! That damn skunk ruined everything. Then I took a shower once I came back home.

Ugh! Next time I see a dead skunk with my top off, I am going to suck in as much air as possible, hold my breath and speed up!!! No fun!!

Are there ANYTHING else that I should be aware of with my Jeep top off??? Golly!!!
LOL!!! Similar story...
We were driving cross country a week ago from NC to UT and we stopped at that big Texas steak house side show on the side of I40 for dinner. After dinner it was absolutely beautiful out so we put the windows down and opened the sun rider top. It was great, and as we were driving down I40 my wife wondered what the haze up ahead was. I said it's probably just some smoke, no big deal. She said should we button up and I said nah, no need to. Then it hit us... hit us like a ton of bricks... cow ass, I mean what smelled like 1,000 cow asses climbed up our nostrils and partied. I was gagging so hard I almost threw up. We immediately buttoned up but the smell had permeated the Jeep. Miles later we were clear of the stench but it still lingered in the Jeep.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
GARY!!!!! YOU WONT BELIEVE IT!

I ride in the sky. HOw do I feel? Exhilarating on my face. the rainbow came out. everything is wet - and I am drenched to my underwear (yes yes TMI but I was trying to tell you how heavy was). I know what to expect.
:CWL:
Heheheeh I knowwwww!!!! I am totally wet.
:jk: :rain: :sun:

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
GARY!!!!! YOU WONT BELIEVE IT!

I just came back home from my ride in my Jeep with the top off when the sky got ominous suddenly and I was a bit too far to get home in time and there no place to stop for shelter.

Then suddenly it started this gawd-knows-where-it-came-from TORRENTIAL rain - like super heavy rain, the flood kind (we have been having these for the past two days). Needless say I was drenched. My poor Jeep, my poor dogs.

HOw do I feel?? Exhilarating but with shit-I-cannot-believe-this-is-happening-to me. And I noticed that as long as I am driving, I would not get much rain on my face. It is only when I stop. Three minutes into the heavy rain, the sky clears up and the rainbow came out. That was a totally WTF moment.

I drove home, parked my Jeep, everything is wet - and looking at my two dogs - gee they really look sorry. I am drenched to my underwear (yes yes TMI but I was trying to tell you how heavy the rain was).

Fellow Jeepers - are there ANYTHING that I need to do with my Jeep after it has been exposed to heavy rain like 5 minutes?? I wipe the console and the dash. Should I be worried about anything? Most prolly by the time you get back to me, the damage would have been done. But do tell - so I know what to expect.

:like:

57440.jpg

57442.jpg
I haven't had anything go wrong with the electronics and I've been caught 3 times in rain.... pulled the plugs.. removed the carpets and it dried out...

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Hold up - 2door?

not sure how many drain plugs but I bet it’s more than two. Check under all the carpets.

4d has eight
2 door has i believe 7 large and 2 small ones....

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you SO much Dusty I will put that in mind when it happens again. You rock!!!

Tex - your a goat - you can handle it.

No no bro, you have not sniff concentrated skunk if you think that skunk as weed! Hahaha I thought that faint skunk smells like sesame oil (dont ask) but when it is concentrate like that - bro lemme tell you, no amount of stinky weed can equate that. Bleargh

OH MY GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST STORY EVER!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I am so sorry and I am mortified for lauging at your story (well no) but I am imagining how you feel. Oooh look smoke :involve: lets go check it out hunny...... *a few seconds later*

.....oH my GAwd WHAT JUSt happENeD!!!! :surprised: HeLp HElP Oh HuNnY doNT BReAThe iN..... *gAgs gAgS* :rain::rain::rain::rain::rain: Is tHAt CoW Poo??? Baby STop TALKiNg aNd get tHE heck OUTta HeRE :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: *puKeY puKE* GoLLY MiKe what PRopels You TO DrivE thrU thAt SmOKe. :swear::swear::surprised::angry::asshat::asshat: IwAs HAvinG SuCh A RoMaNTiC TimE wItH YoU... AnD NoW *COUgh CoUgh* Cow AsSes!!!! NOOooot COOl At ALLLLllll UwaaaAAaaaAAaaaAA *CryinG* :brokenhearted::brokenhearted::brokenhearted::brokenhearted::brokenhearted::brokenhearted:

Love conquers all! If you guys can get thru this incident with cow asses - I am sure that the love bond between you two are stronger. :like:

And then the songs "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes" from The Platter came to my mind. Cept that the smoke was cow asses.

Now play this song - and imagine Mike and his wife in their awesome Jeep going through the - "smoke" in SUPER SLOW MOTION.... wow perfect movie scene.... hands waving, face scrunching, gagging...

Oh gawd there is something wrong with me. But then my mom always said that I have really wild imaginations. Oh well *shrugs*
Dude I am cracking up right now. I shared with the Mrs. and she was laughing saying we have waaaay too much time on our hands.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Heheheeh I knowwwww!!!! Waffles the smaller one was lying down on the seat - I am sure he is thinking "why why why why why why" while Sparky which is more affectionate looked at me as if to say "Daddy why are you DOING this to US!!! There were drenched, and I had to thoroughly wipe them when I got home. Thanks for your recommendations. I am just worried about the dashboard but I think Jeep is designed to withstand situation like this. I got my money worth I guess with this Jeep, even though I am totally wet. Hope you are having an awesome weekend Kristy! :like:
Exactly!! Like they’re thinking WHAT did we do to deserve this!? Haha. Yeah that’s my concern too on the dashboard. I remember reading here somewhere some recommendations but I couldn’t tell you where it was. Ive read so many threads. But I was told that it’s made to get wet And would be fine. For what it’s worth. Who knows how accurate that is. Hope it’s turned out fine for you...I’d think it has. And have a great week!

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR

WHAM!!!!

WHAM!!!!

There are some overgrown fire roads I like to explore in the national seashore where I hang in the summer. On a hot day it is a lot of fun to explore the shady forests with the doors on, windows up, and A/C on. Doing it without doors is a whole different experience. You get more forest sounds and scents, but you also get humidity and sweat, and tons of twigs, leaves, branches and insects dumped all over you and the interior of the Jeep. I bought it to use it, so I am not a clean jeep freak, but it took me well over an hour with the shop vac to clean up after a 15 minute stretch of particularly overgrown trail. Since I like to have the option of exploring the forest when it is really hot or when it is too rainy to do anything else, it has put a damper on my door removal tendencies...

Sponsored

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
Several nice things about the Sky-One-Touch.......and you described many of the above. Nice to have this option at a moments notice. :D.

Did I mention I love this top....especially with the dust in OZ. Worth every penny!