Sponsored

Disadvantages of having the top off - whats your story??

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Last december we decided to take out the freedom panels, crank the heat and ride around and look at christmas lights. We pull over to a curb in front of a house to have a look at their lights and I happened to look up at the tree above us and theres a racoon directly above us on a branch just a couple feet above our heads. He was chill but we laughed at the chaos he woulda caused if he had fell in amongst us.
Memories of Tommy Boy...
Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I am sorry for being a noob. I will be careful when I am driving around Bridgeport. It looks so harmless everytime I have been there
In all seriousness.. Stay the heck out of Bridgeport if you are not wise to the streets. All of the below happened less than seven days ago...

https://www.wtnh.com/local-news/shooting-in-bridgeport-sunday-night-leaves-one-injured/

http://connecticut.news12.com/story...streets-of-bridgeport-amid-uptick-in-violence

https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/0...ly-fatal-shooting-of-7-year-old-on-west-side/

https://www.ctpost.com/policereport...t-shootings-reported-in-downtown-15387111.php

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Good GOLLY - I guess I must have not been to the hood hood Bridgeport HOOD HOOD. Cause when I visit my friends in Bridgeport - they live in a nice place and the city looks like a very nice city. Thanks for the update!! Golly! Should have make fun of places that I really don't know. Miso stoopid. I will be more careful when I am driving around Bridgeport CT from now on. I owe you a Slurpee for your concern. :like:
I'll take you up on that the next time your passing through CT.

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Bro are you sure they are stray cats and not some frat guys that uses your Jeep for bong party and then got too raunchy?

Jeep Wrangler JL Disadvantages of having the top off - whats your story?? 1594323489493

Ken, Sky One Touch is the automatic retracting roof that can be ordered on Wranglers these days. I took this option but almost didn’t want to mention it. Why?
Because the thread is “Disadvantages of having your top off”. I don’t wanna brag but with Sky One there’s no disadvantages. Just touch a button and the roof closes.

My dear friend I don't think that SPF 350 will do any difference hahaha Sorry you got sunburnt. I did not know how ouchy it was until I got my first. It was no fun.

Haaaa ha ha ha ha!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Disadvantages of having the top off - whats your story?? 1594323489493

Okay I am at loss - Steve I love you too cause you are awesome but I don't understand that part of your statement. What does a dick have to do with sweet Sky One?? And what/who is Sky One?

:CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: That is a good excuse to support DDT - half a gallon of big burd's turd!!!!

You have not meet a dog that will melt your heart yet! Here pick one!

DUDE DATS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO ME!! A TOTAL SNAFU!!!! 'CEPT MINE IS WITH A SKUNK!! (be nice Notorious!! :swear: Read that statement in context pls)

I am still reeling off from the joyous feeling of driving with the top off for the first time. It exuberating, wonderful feeling, with the winds blowing on my face and Luke Bryan was playing on the radio. The night was cool and I was happy.

And then suddenly I saw a dead skunk in the middle of the road. With trepidation I started to sniff (whyyyyyyyy??!!!!!) can't smell anything when suddenly.....

WHAM!!!!

OMG!!! I have never ever EVER smelled such a concentration of a skunk before......

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I just came back from a ride - around midnight tonight I decided to go to 7-11 to get something to drink. Most of you know that I am still reeling off from the joyous feeling of driving with the top off for the first time. It exuberating, wonderful feeling, with the winds blowing on my face and Luke Bryan was playing on the radio. The night was cool and I was happy.

And then suddenly I saw a dead skunk in the middle of the road. With trepidation I started to sniff (whyyyyyyyy??!!!!!) can't smell anything when suddenly.....

WHAM!!!!

OMG!!! I have never ever EVER smelled such a concentration of a skunk before. I have very sensitive nose and the smell was pummeling my face mercilessly. It was HORRIBLE and I was gagging wishing that it was over. But you know how skunk smell is. They linger for a distance. My ecstacy turned into a nightmare, and Luke Bryan was singing "She said play it again, play it again, play it again" and now that song is ruined! RUINED FOR ME!!! Tainted with the concentrated skunk stench.

Needless say I did not enjoyed my drink that much. If you think that it is bad enough to smell the skunk from an insulated air conditioned car, being out in the open and smelling the by product of a dead skunk is worst. I took a longer route home. With my radio off! That damn skunk ruined everything. Then I took a shower once I came back home.

Ugh! Next time I see a dead skunk with my top off, I am going to suck in as much air as possible, hold my breath and speed up!!! No fun!!

Are there ANYTHING else that I should be aware of with my Jeep top off??? Golly!!!
Our Catahoula Leopard Dogs got skunked late last year. That stench was in my house. It doesn’t come close to the rotten dead humans I’ve smelled - even on the side of the road before I was in the military, and driving a non-AC vehicle with the windows rolled down, pulling up to render “medical assistance“ to the vehicles that were pulled over gawking at the rotten corpse. Living in the country, you smell death all of the time. You can get used to anything, I guess. Buttercup LOL! ;)

Sponsored

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Pretty bad. Yesterday it was a bit warm outside. With the top and doors off, the A/C had a hard time keeping up. Headed to the dealer for service tomorrow...

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Had the top down on the beach. Came back some time later to Seagulls having crapped all over my interior. Guess they were fighting over the half eaten dead rat that I also found on the driver’s seat?
I just came back from a ride - around midnight tonight I decided to go to 7-11 to get something to drink. Most of you know that I am still reeling off from the joyous feeling of driving with the top off for the first time. It exuberating, wonderful feeling, with the winds blowing on my face and Luke Bryan was playing on the radio. The night was cool and I was happy.

WHAM!!!!

OMG!!! I have never ever EVER smelled such a concentration of a skunk before. I have very sensitive nose and the smell was pummeling my face mercilessly. It was HORRIBLE and I was gagging wishing that it was over. But you know how skunk smell is. They linger for a distance. My ecstacy turned into a nightmare, and Luke Bryan was singing "She said play it again, play it again, play it again" and now that song is ruined! RUINED FOR ME!!! Tainted with the concentrated skunk stench.

Needless say I did not enjoyed my drink that much. If you think that it is bad enough to smell the skunk from an insulated air conditioned car, being out in the open and smelling the by product of a dead skunk is worst. I took a longer route home. With my radio off! That damn skunk ruined everything. Then I took a shower once I came back home.

Ugh! Next time I see a dead skunk with my top off, I am going to suck in as much air as possible, hold my breath and speed up!!! No fun!!

Are there ANYTHING else that I should be aware of with my Jeep top off??? Golly!!!
and someone in Cambodia is reading this and thinking " first world problems"

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
WAIT!!!! I GOOGLED EUGENE THE JEEP!! And it is REAL character from POPEYE!!!!!!! Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy - I mean OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN - my brain spinning and my die cut machine is gonna be very busy soon. WOOOOOOT!!!! Thanks!!!!!

Man I must be on sugar high. Excited to see that Eugene the Jeep is a real thing and might design some decals based on that. Grew up with Popeye - love the design. Thanks for sharing! Lotsa new things to explore.

I LOVEEEEEEEEE IT!!!!! Its gonna be an easter egg on my new ride. Thanks!!

Where did you think The name ‘Jeep’ came from?

Miloe

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
No Jeep horror stories yet, hoping to keep it that way.

Parked my first Miata with the windows down and top up while at work. Had a stray cat get inside and piss all over the plastic rear window that was unzipped and laying on the back deck. Somehow didn't get it all over the interior but trying to clean it up to the point that the tomcat at home wouldn't feel the need to remark it was a pita.

Now getting caught out in the rain with the top down, that's every roadster I've owned. The more expensive the car was, the more often it got caught out.
Sponsored