Sponsored

Disadvantages of having the top off - whats your story??

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Driving to work with the top down last year. The day after a nice storm. Sitting at a red light and BAM a huge branch comes down 2 cars in front of me. Missed the cars but barely. I look up, we are completely covered in trees that look like their branches can come down at any time. Luckily nothing else fell as i drove through. It was at that moment that I realized how vulnerable one can be with the top down or with a soft top.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
4th of July or not. I still would try to avoid driving through the hood with any car that is worth more than $30k be it a Jeep or a Toyota or anything else (Especially with 2 kids in tow. I myself am a father to a 2 year old. Wife wants to see us rather be late some where rather than robbed or shot).

I live in Long Island and noticed you live in NY state. Just out of curiosity, what town was this in?
It was Bridgeport CT. I don't believe anyone deliberately directed the fireworks toward us. Just the sounds are received from a different prospective when the top is off (they sound like they are right overhead).

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Okay I am sure there is some underlying joke with this statement. Is it like a place where they have concentrated bird poop or something? I am well known for being a bird poop magnet. When I was living in Manhattan, I constantly get pooped on by those pigeon is not funny. People said that it is good luck, I said that is damn disgusting and I will most prolly die from some pandemic that the pigeon is carrying. Till today if I see a tree or some kind of structure filled with birds, or droppings, I take the initiative to avoid that place like a plague! Cause I know that I will get pooped on. 100%!

Figured you were from Jersey you would know about Rohway. Always smells nasty in that area.

Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Driving to work with the top down last year. The day after a nice storm. Sitting at a red light and BAM a huge branch comes down 2 cars in front of me. Missed the cars but barely. I look up, we are completely covered in trees that look like their branches can come down at any time. Luckily nothing else fell as i drove through. It was at that moment that I realized how vulnerable one can be with the top down or with a soft top.
My daughter lost her 7th grade teacher like that. I don't think it was a jeep, but she didn't make it.

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
I haven't received the window bag yet, so they've gone in the garage every time I take em out. Wife and I were going to roll top down on the fourth and drive forty minutes or so highway to the sticks where her parents live. Had the windows out already and went to the store to get supplies and of course it starts sprinkling. I think no big deal, top in safari mode, nothing will get damaged etc. But we went back and forth on it when we were preparing for the long drive and decided to put them back in. Lo and behold, we'd been out there an hour when this torrential downpour kicked up. Better half was right, as usual :LOL:

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
Try I5 in the CA central valley - say, Coalinga - on a hot day. Quite bovine...

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
BRIDGEPORT CT???? You called that the hood?????? I was thinking along the line of Harlem, or Bushwick or Canarsie and you gave me BRIDGEPORT CT?????

*looking at Mr 5ABI (what does your name mean anyway? I tried to theenk Jyapanise and see if I see the connotation between your name and the place you work and I came with nothing - anyhoo I digress).... looking at Mr 5ABI again and SMH - can you believe this guy? Sheesh. Hood. Bridgeport CT. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Maybe i havent been to bridgeport in a while, but i'd walk through harlem before Bridgeport. Maybe its a certain sections type of thing, but Bridgeport is kind of wild.

Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a Sunshade on my Jeep for when I take the top off. I think a pterodactyl flew over it while parked and took a big crap on it. The sunshade sort of difused the crap and it scattered all over the back seat.

Damn glad it didn't happen while I was driving!

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU