Disabling Horn on Keyfob Lock and Unlock

Abjrjrm

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Just purchased new new 2020 Unlimited Sahara, replacing my 2014. Yea! Now,, maybe I am dense, bit I have researched the internet and manuals, and cannot find how to stop the horn from honking when I lock and unlock form the keyfob. Some say hold the keyfob lock for 5 to 10 seconds, press panic button and release both, that does it. Does not work for me. I go into Uconnect and change the setting to no horn or horn on second push of button, but no change. Would like to not have the horn honk each time I lock and unlock. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
Sounds like a glitch. It should change through the uconnect settings. I disabled mine also. Try changing it with the engine running and then shutting it off. Then see if it works.

OP
OP

Abjrjrm

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Thanks. Just tried with Uconnect, engine on, and engine off. No change. Change it to no horn or horn on second push, still goes on first. Guess a glitch it is.... thanks.

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
Well it was worth a shot. Next step is the dealership I guess. Maybe there’s a flash or an update or something. Some people have been reporting quirky things lately with a uconnect update.

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
I just changed mine to silent last week because I installed the key fob auto start. Click key fob lock three times and it auto starts from outside the vehicle. I hated the triple honk. So, after research, I went into the uconnect dash screen under settings and was able to turn off the honk option. No more horn. Super easy.
Sponsored