Sponsored

Disable Sound Horn with Lock and Unlock?

Guido79

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray 2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I have a new 2021 Sahara and I’m trying to avoid annoying my neighborhood by disabling the horn honking when I Lock/Unlock using the key fob. I’ve read the user manual and searched many different Jeep forums and have found 2 options for which none have worked::

1) UConnect -> Settings -> Sound Horn with Lock = Off
2) Hold lock button down for 4-5 seconds and then press Panic Burton at same time, then release to disable horn sound.

Is there something I’m missing?

This also stumped 2 Jeep Wave advisors who could not help either

thanks for any advice.
Jeep Wrangler JL Disable Sound Horn with Lock and Unlock? 3AEBA85A-2EA4-4763-A475-4019EDA4011B
Sponsored

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have a new 2021 Sahara and I’m trying to avoid annoying my neighborhood by disabling the horn honking when I Lock/Unlock using the key fob. I’ve read the user manual and searched many different Jeep forums and have found 2 options for which none have worked::

2) Hold lock button down for 4-5 seconds and then press Panic Burton at same time, then release to disable horn sound.

thanks for any advice.
Jeep Wrangler JL Disable Sound Horn with Lock and Unlock? 3AEBA85A-2EA4-4763-A475-4019EDA4011B
My 2018 Ruby only took checking off box

Bumps Ahead

First Name
Valerie & Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ontherocks4x4.org
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Happy Wife, Happy Life....
Vehicle Showcase
Mine worked just fine selecting "Off" on Sound Horn with Lock option, no annoying horn sound.....possibly try the "2nd press" option and see if that eliminates the honk on a single press, but still gives you the two press, look at me option :LOL: if it works, its much easier than a trip to the dealer for lord knows what fix they attempt!

And none of that "hold lock button, then panic...", just lock or unlock the car....

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Maybe try enabling it by checking one of the two ON boxes, give the fob lock/unlock buttons a few tries and then go back and select the OFF box and see if it made any difference.

OP
OP
Guido79

Guido79

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray 2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

thanks for any advice.
Got it! My dealer installed a KARR Security System which was set to honk on Arm/Disarm which overrides the factory UConnect setting. In the KARR BT app, you can silent this option. Thanks for everyone’s help on this.

Jeep Wrangler JL Disable Sound Horn with Lock and Unlock? C4A936C3-E870-4454-9B9E-9322F0232B95

expatCanuck

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Sport S
A day late and a dollar short ...

With our 2024 JLU Sport, the "hold for 5 seconds ... " approach did/does not work, but unchecking the "Sound horn with lock" in the Settings does.

I no longer need to be 20 feet away before locking the Jeep.
Sponsored