JMurph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
@JMurph

Jerry... Can you try something with that "clip" and then post the results in this thread.

Take that clip (like pictured below I assume) and plug it into the driver's seat belt female buckle..

Now, with that clip plugged in, start your JL and see see if you can drive your JL, forward, say 30 feet with the driver's door open. Also, try this going in reverse with the driver's door open.

I'm wanting to know if use of that clip as mentioned will prevent auto park from activating.

Thanks for trying this and letting us know how you make out.

Image1.jpg
Sponsored

JMurph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Yes. I did as you asked and you can ride around with the door open. Frontwards or backwards. The system thinks the seat belt is fastened. I’ve been using them in my cruiser & other cars to shut up the chime. Just traded the cruiser for my JLUS. And yes I’m using the unit you showed. I have one for drivers and passengers seats. To many dogs.

Crueguru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
For those of you that tried this and it "didn't work." I must have tried to disable my seatbelt chimeat least ten times and it "didn't work." I was getting frustrated. Then after trying it one last time (buckling & unbuckling 4 times), I decided to drive my jeep around the block. Guess what.....no seatbelt chime!! I realized that even though the seatbelt chime was "turned off", it would still chime a couple of times upon starting the engine but not chime while the vehicle was in motion. Each time i tried the procedure, I would then start the engine and hear the initial chime and think "it didn't work". So I would do it again. I came to the realization that the initial chime had nothing to do with the seatbelt chime being turned off while the vehicle was in motion. Hope this helps. I forgot to mention I have a 2019 JL Sahara

Sponsored

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Follow the directions the guy gave you have a wreck without your seat belts on tell family to sue the IDIOT who came up with a way to bypass the seat belt alarm for MORE IDIOTS ride with out seat belts.
Call your family tell them you don't care about them take off seat belts crash get thrown,out of vehicle man died who didn't care about his family.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Follow the directions the guy gave you have a wreck without your seat belts on tell family to sue the IDIOT who came up with a way to bypass the seat belt alarm for MORE IDIOTS ride with out seat belts.
Call your family tell them you don't care about them take off seat belts crash get thrown,out of vehicle man died who didn't care about his family.
You worry about your family , and I’ll worry about my family. I live in California and boy do you sound like these radical liberals here. Always looking for trouble calling people names because they don’t follow your way of thinking. Some person not wearing a seatbelt and having to deal with his/her family has nothing to do with you Mr. judgmental person. Just the statement you made about suing the person who suggested the seatbelt mod scares me. Next up you might call the guy who made the directions a racist for having something against black seatbelts. You better get back to watching CNN.

Last edited:

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
You worry about your family , and I’ll worry about my family. I live in California and boy do you sound like these radical liberals here. Always looking for trouble calling people names because they don’t follow your way of thinking. Some person not wearing a seatbelt and having to deal with his/her family has nothing to do with you Mr. judgmental person. Just the statement you made about suing the person who suggested the seatbelt mod scares me. Next up you might call the guy who made the directions a racist for having something against black seatbelts. You better get back to watching CNN.
Posting about how to ride withoutseat belts is past the Gray area.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Call it what you want, showing others how to bypass seat belt alarm to for they can ride with out seat belts is PATHETICALLY Silly.
That's not a MOD that's STUPID.

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
Very cool mod.

Sponsored

gerlbaum

First Name