Dirty Life 9304 DT2 Rash Ring

Notams

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU, 1969 Mustang, 2007 Triumph Speed Triple, 1990 Yamaha FZR 600
Quick question for those who have installed the Dirty Life wheels without the bead lock option. Did you have to remove the plastic rash ring prior to having tires mounted?

The guys at Discount Tire didn't know. They showed me the mounting equipment and it looked to me like it will scratch the ring. I couldn't find any instructions on removing the ring, just bead lock instructions. I know it's just a matter of removing the bolts, but is it ALL of the bolts, or are there just a few that attach since it is more decorative than anything else. In other words, are there faux bolt heads and a few actual attaching bolts. I figured I'd get a quicker answer here than going to the Dirty Life website.

Thanks
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
YES take them off for mounting, put them on for balancing.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Quick question for those who have installed the Dirty Life wheels without the bead lock option. Did you have to remove the plastic rash ring prior to having tires mounted?

The guys at Discount Tire didn't know. They showed me the mounting equipment and it looked to me like it will scratch the ring. I couldn't find any instructions on removing the ring, just bead lock instructions. I know it's just a matter of removing the bolts, but is it ALL of the bolts, or are there just a few that attach since it is more decorative than anything else. In other words, are there faux bolt heads and a few actual attaching bolts. I figured I'd get a quicker answer here than going to the Dirty Life website.

Thanks
The Rash ring is aluminum, and unfortunately so is the Bead Lock ring.
Sponsored